Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Fans unite - training session 29/03/2012

I've caught up some sleep and shaken off some jetlag. Here is a different perspective:

We are Titans supporters, right? So let's take a leaf out of the Storms' year of annus horribilis ... when they were confronted with the rorting scandal what did they do? Think about Souths when they got booted too.

1. The NRL got rid of their morons and the rest fell on their swords ... we can't do that ourselves but we can make our opinions known and hope that logic sets in.

2. They then got behind their players in large numbers and flipped the rest of the NRL the bird ... this we can control.

3. Perhaps the Legion can organise some sort of public expression of support eg a rally, a public meeting, some quality press for a change without Searle and focusing on the rugy league community rather than the franchise owners.

C'mon everyone! Let's not let the Titans die on the vine. Are we just going to bend over, drop trou and take it like we did with the Chargers? THINK "what can you do". Email, blog, phone ... get busy!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

yeah this could be the beginning of the groundswell of community goodwill the players need to see to perform this year.

As this thing drags out for weeks and months, there motivation will be tested more than it ever has before.

If we can get them through this dark period, it could be the springboard for the next few seasons and they will feel like 'our team' if we help to save them.

I think that we should definitely explore some public displays to show the public and the NRL we arent going to roll over, but also try and get a huge number to a designated training session to show our support.

Awesome idea Titanic, i hope we can come up with something

How about this for a rallying slogan:

"we are the TITANS not the Titanic"

its better than FCUK Gallop.

that was disgraceful and so ignorant.

I reckon we get a couple of good ones together, and even see if titans will allow some legion members to make a massive AFL style one for the players to run through at a home game.

I think a training visit with signs and war cries would be inspiring for the players.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    its better than FCUK Gallop.

that was disgraceful and so ignorant.

I reckon we get a couple of good ones together, and even see if titans will allow some legion members to make a massive AFL style one for the players to run through at a home game.

I think a training visit with signs and war cries would be inspiring for the players.
    Thats sounds like a brilliant idea
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Fantastic idea ... better sooner than later

Well I don't have an artistic bone in my body but If we can get the word out and set a date I'll be in and I'll try drum up what we can in numbers

Sounds like a plan, the player's need to know that us the fans are well and truly behind them no matter what. We can't let them think for one moment we are anything like the parra fans, we won't turn on them!

QLD Cup Titan

titans training Thursday 29/3/12 - at 5pm Station reserve. show the boys your support by wearing titans colours and joining as many fans as possible who can make it on the day. Then of course get out to the stadium on Sunday!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
    titans training Thursday 29/3/12 - at 5pm Station reserve. show the boys your support by wearing titans colours and joining as many fans as possible who can make it on the day. Then of course get out to the stadium on Sunday!!!!!
    im there! i am going to arrange to finish work early, but one thing...

where is station reserve lol

I wil be there aswell, days of for me so yep.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

you guys are gems .. luv youse all ... there in spirit

And we climbed off second last on the back of the Raiders win.

Can a mod change the thread title to fans unite - training session xx/xx/2012?

And update it as we go to more and more sessions?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Can a mod change the thread title to fans unite - training session xx/xx/2012?

And update it as we go to more and more sessions?
    Good idea, consider it done.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.