Default Round 4 South Sydney Rabbitohs v Brisbane Broncos

FRIDAY

South Sydney Rabbitohs v Brisbane Broncos at NIB Stadium, 6:00pm (local). #NRLSOUBRI

RABBITOHS: Greg Inglis, Andrew Everingham, Matt King, Shaune Corrigan, Dylan Farrell, John Sutton, Adam Reynolds, Scott Geddes, Issac Luke, Roy Asotasi, Sam Burgess, David Taylor, Michael Crocker. Interchange (from): Chris McQueen, Eddy Pettybourne, David Tyrrell, Jason Clark, Nathan Peats

BRONCOS: Josh Hoffman, Gerard Beale, Jack Reed, Justin Hodges, Jharal Yow Yeh, Corey Norman, Peter Wallace, Ben Hannant, Andrew McCullough, Petero Civoniceva, Alex Glenn, Sam Thaiday (c), Ben Te'o. Interchange: Ben Hunt, Josh McGuire, Matt Gillett, Scott Anderson
    #itaintweaktospeak

Come on the Rabbits !!!
    #itaintweaktospeak

15 mins in and this game is setting the standard for worst refereeing decisions this season.

Profesional foul? Pigs R's!! A try saver!

Blocker? Where do these f-witts get their referee/touch judge licences?

Not to mention the other STOOPID penalties so far...

And Yo Yeeh's leg goes Snap !
    #itaintweaktospeak

Now I just need the Broncs to come back for a 13+ win and my betting balance be looking good.

Gonna be a lot more difficult without Jow Jeh.

Give me 13+ Broncos! Looking good!

The Brisneyland Pansies looked pretty ordinary during the the first half, especially after Yeehaw gone broke his right hoof. But with the disappointment of the first 40 minutes, they were bound to amp it up somewhat. Just a pity that the wheels fell off the Rabbitohs wagon towards the end.

On a side note.. Even though Beale's fall over the line tries weren't anything spectacular. I hope it comes back to bite the Pansie's on the butt for not renewing his contract. The guy is talented and I reckon we're yet to see some great football out of him in the next few years..

EDIT: Another side note.. It's really startin' to urk me that next week we're heading into Round 5, and yet the Pansie's for the 5th week in a row score the 7:30pm prime time slot on Friday Night Footy. And here's the Titans not getting any of the action whatsoever. Fair enough they're a bigger drawcard than us, but with this crap constantly going on. How the hell is our team meant to grow?
    Last edited by Toads; 23-03-12 at 10:19 PM. Reason: add more ****ty opinion

OMG that leg injury to Yow Yeh was sickening. Poor kid. All the best for a speedy recovery.

And those Bunnies, they break my heart! And I'm not even a fan.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Bunnies were unlucky, Inglis again was good a FB, Yow Yeh couldnt care less as i dont like him anyway arrogant prick he is.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Broncos win despite horror Yow Yeh injury

Justin Chadwick AAP Fri, Mar 23, 2012 - 11:42 PM

The State of Origin hopes of Jharal Yow Yeh are hanging by a thread after the Brisbane winger suffered a serious ankle injury in Friday night's 20-12 NRL victory over South Sydney in Perth.

Yow Yeh was taken to Royal Perth hospital after landing awkwardly on his right leg after contesting a kick with Rabbitohs winger Dylan Farrell.

The 22-year-old Bronco was comforted by teammates Sam Thaiday and Justin Hodges as a team of medical staff placed him in a leg brace.

Yow Yeh was in severe pain as he was taken from the field on a stretcher, with later reports suggesting the severity of the injury caused his skin to split.

The Australian winger featured in all three Origin games for Queensland last year, but could miss the entire 2012 series if hospital tests confirm serious damage to his ankle.

Brisbane trailed 12-0 at the time of Yow Yeh's injury, but piled on four unanswered tries to surge to the win in front of 15,599 fans.

Substitute Matt Gillett and fullback Josh Hoffman started the comeback with tries either side of halftime.

And winger Gerard Beale added the finishing touches, crossing in the 70th and 74th minutes to stun the Rabbitohs.

Earlier, South Sydney star Greg Inglis continued his inspiring form at fullback as he set up his side's opening two tries.

Winger Andrew Everingham was the beneficiary on both occasions, with the highlight being Inglis' piercing run to set up the first try.

The Rabbitohs' defence was rock solid in the opening 35 minutes, but a fumble from Farrell opened the door for Brisbane to open their account in the 39th minute.

Farrell's spill of a high ball gifted Gillett an easy try, and when Hoffman crossed in the 53rd minute, the Rabbitohs were looking nervous.

Beale's double strike in the final 10 minutes proved to be the killer blow.

Peter Wallace's grubber kick set up Beale's first, and the winger was on hand again in the 74th minute when a quick series of passes allowed him to sneak across in the corner.

The Rabbitohs' third loss of the season leaves them behind the eight-ball early on, while Brisbane (3-1) are in a solid position.

Brisbane coach Anthony Griffin said Yow Yeh had suffered a suspected broken ankle.

Thaiday said he and Hodges tried to get the medical staff to give Yow Yeh pain relief as quickly as possible after the incident occurred.

"He's laying there with his bone sticking outside of his boot," Thaiday said.

"He was in a lot of pain there.

"Hodgo and I were just trying to encourage him as much as we could.

"The first thing that goes through your head when you get injured is your footy, and then your career and season.

"He was asking questions along the lines of those things.

"We were just reassuring him and making sure that he knew that we were there for him and supporting him."

South Sydney coach Michael Maguire rued his team's sloppy performance once they had established a 12-0 lead.

"I think in that first half we had control and unfortunately we went away from our plan ... and allowed the Broncos to get back into the game," Maguire said.

"An example of that was the try before the end of the half. Unfortunately there was an error and they got a try out of that."
    #itaintweaktospeak