Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i had rankin in our top 4 or so players in the first 2 games.

out of 5 tries weve scored, he has one himself and the assist for another.

He needs time, hes played 2 NRL games at 5/8th and u want to punt him?

He has outplayed Corey Norman each week too imo, why the rush when the next option isnt even fully fit yet
    Spot on mate. Some of his touches he had on the footy were really good. It just a matter of him getting used a situation and getting more consistent overtime. I would say he is our long term choice for 5/8 but i would also want to see Sezer given a go.

Prince needs to lift his game. The club and the supporters will be beside Prince but he needs to spark or we wont be scoring too many tries this year.
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

Quote Originally Posted by Princey's Titanz View Post
    Spot on mate. Some of his touches he had on the footy were really good. It just a matter of him getting used a situation and getting more consistent overtime. I would say he is our long term choice for 5/8 but i would also want to see Sezer given a go.

Prince needs to lift his game. The club and the supporters will be beside Prince but he needs to spark or we wont be scoring too many tries this year.
    yeah manly didnt bring through DCE and Foran in one year. This is Rankins year to have a crack. Sezer should get as much time as possible from bench or injury and hopefully he has 10 or so games under him before next year.

also, a few of Rankins nice passes went straight to Luke Page who was in the backline where it should have been going to Bodene or champion.

Rankin is a different footballer to the skinny Fullback who got a few games last year. He has bulked up and manned up alot more and looks ready to take on the defense and be a major part of our team.

Im right behind him, and hope he continues to improve this week.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i had rankin in our top 4 or so players in the first 2 games.

out of 5 tries weve scored, he has one himself and the assist for another.

He needs time, hes played 2 NRL games at 5/8th and u want to punt him?

He has outplayed Corey Norman each week too imo, why the rush when the next option isnt even fully fit yet
    He has 2 try assists & scored one , right now he's the right choice for the 6 but we need to be scoring 20-30 points against every team to be competitive, I think we score them against the Warriors but can we hold them to less
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    He has 2 try assists & scored one , right now he's the right choice for the 6 but we need to be scoring 20-30 points against every team to be competitive, I think we score them against the Warriors but can we hold them to less

Junior

Well, we got our free tickets much to our regret! I agree that Jordan Rankin be given more opportunities, it's hard to look good in a losing side. With a finite number of players in the rosta I dont understand this idea that you can discard and introduce players willy nilly round in and round out and expect a team to gel successfully. Perhaps we have to accept that post 2010, the rebuilding will take two not one season.
    From Saturday's game there was really only one glaring issue for me....the kicking game. Am I nuts or did SP (my 10 year old's hero, Ok mine too) kick terribly. I even thought his confidence kicking penalties into touch was shot and he was only making ten metres.

PS. We'd upgraded to Gold tickets to secure free tickets and ended up sitting in the bleeches in Steel to escape the rain. Lol. Should have gone for a surf at The Pass. Actually, I dont mean that. It was great to be at that wonderful stadium again. 20K or 11k it's still great and you Gold Coasters shouldn't forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by ByronTitan View Post
    Well, we got our free tickets much to our regret! I agree that Jordan Rankin be given more opportunities, it's hard to look good in a losing side. With a finite number of players in the rosta I dont understand this idea that you can discard and introduce players willy nilly round in and round out and expect a team to gel successfully. Perhaps we have to accept that post 2010, the rebuilding will take two not one season.
    From Saturday's game there was really only one glaring issue for me....the kicking game. Am I nuts or did SP (my 10 year old's hero, Ok mine too) kick terribly. I even thought his confidence kicking penalties into touch was shot and he was only making ten metres.

PS. We'd upgraded to Gold tickets to secure free tickets and ended up sitting in the bleeches in Steel to escape the rain. Lol. Should have gone for a surf at The Pass. Actually, I dont mean that. It was great to be at that wonderful stadium again. 20K or 11k it's still great and you Gold Coasters shouldn't forget that.
    Mate i had a ball as well, good game and i enjoyed it, rain or no rain.

Princes kicking game wasnt great, but it WAS better than previous weeks. not only did we get a couple of repeat sets, but i remember standing and clapping once when a long kick hit the deck and rolled to a corner in between slater and duffie, thinking finally we kicked properly to end a set.

see you in ROUND 5

i am loosing faith in princey :S every game he shows signs of coming back to life, but it always leads to nothing... if he was someone like Jeff Robson or Brad davis, he would of been dropped last year with the young guys given a shot.
    but main thing is i wanna see gordon back! get some excitement back!

If Zillman swept in from Fullback and took as little as one or two hit ups per half off Bird (on the left) and Harro (on the right) the attack would a little bit more threatening.

The linebreakers need to get their @#$^n hands on the ball.

No good supporting Harrison - hes one of the chief ball stranglers.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

1 William Zillman
    2 Steve Michaels
    3 Bodene Thompson
    4 Beau Champion
    5 Dominique Peyroux
    6 Jordan Rankin
    7 Scott Prince (c)
    8 Luke Bailey
    9 Matt Srama
    10 Nate Myles
    11 Greg Bird
    12 Mark Minichiello
    13 Ashley Harrison
    Interchange
    14 Luke Douglas
    15 Matthew White
    16 Ben Ridge
    17 Kayne Lawton
    18 Brenton Lawrence
    Coach: John Cartwright

http://www.titans.com.au/default.asp...secutive-match

Pretty disappointed with the copy/paste job.

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    1 William Zillman
    2 Steve Michaels
    3 Bodene Thompson
    4 Beau Champion
    5 Dominique Peyroux
    6 Jordan Rankin
    7 Scott Prince (c)
    8 Luke Bailey
    9 Matt Srama
    10 Nate Myles
    11 Greg Bird
    12 Mark Minichiello
    13 Ashley Harrison
    Interchange
    14 Luke Douglas
    15 Matthew White
    16 Ben Ridge
    17 Kayne Lawton
    18 Brenton Lawrence
    Coach: John Cartwright

http://www.titans.com.au/default.asp...secutive-match
    Cartwright you're a deadset joke.

Its not a popularity contest.. this clubs future is at stake and crowds are only going to dwindle if you keep this crap up

Looking more like a Q Cup side every week

This team stuck it to the competition benchmark for over a half of football. If Carty can load them up with a couple of trick shots we'll beat a lot of teams. If we can go second man to Zillman sweeping to the left or right as Teke has said we'll go alright. Hurrell V Thompson worth the price of admission - but where's Idris?

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Luke Douglas for his 150th! What a machine!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER