View Poll Results: Who Is Your Titans Forum Five Eight for 2012?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • BIRD Greg

1 3.45%
  • DOWLING Jamie

0 0%
  • FALLOON Beau

0 0%
  • HENRY Beau

5 17.24%
  • PRINCE Scott

2 6.90%
  • RANKIN Jordan

1 3.45%
  • SEZER Aidan

20 68.97%
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Talking Titans Forum Five Eight - 2012

Your Titans Forum Five Eight ? 2012

Make a selection in the poll above for your Titans Five Eight in 2012. Make sure you get your votes in as the poll will expire after a week.

Mother thread: http://forum.titans.com.au/showthread.php?t=20421

Team so far:
    1. ZILLMAN William
    2. GORDON Kevin
    3. IDRIS Jamal
    4. CHAMPION Beau
    5. MEAD David

Discuss.

It's hard to vote if you haven't seen them play...Birds a lock and Prince will play half back.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    It's hard to vote if you haven't seen them play...Birds a lock and Prince will play half back.
    It's all pre-season banter. Of course the guy who is going the best in the pre-season will get first crack. I guess at the moment its more, do we give the new guy a crack or give the heir a crack.

Prince and Bird are capable of playing five-eight, however unlikely.

Has to be Henry to start, if all options have a handy go at the pre-season. Although sezer will be the fans favourite.

I've been a big advocate of Prince playing five-eighth for a while. I think it would take a lot of the pressure off him and allow him to do what he does best and allow one of the young halfbacks just to marshal the forwards around and execute the game plan in attack. I haven't seen Sezer play but I'm keen as to see him after seeing a picture of him in action. If I stand Sezer and Henry side-by-side I know which one looks like a footballer and an athlete. The article on Dowling sounds promising too. With the side as it is at the moment I'd go with Rankin at halfback and Prince in the 6.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Never heard of Dowling till this morning, anyone seen him play?

Junior Titan

I have gone for Bird to start at 6 for Rnd 1.
    I picked Bird so we can start off with some tight defence and he will not have so much pressure to create as we will have better players outside of him than what we had. And lets not forget Bird has played #6 for Australia and won MOM.

Although any of the options of Rankin, Henry & Sezer would be exciting.
    All 3 do not have much NRL experience and I just think we could give them time in the QCUP against bigger bodies. Im all for moving Bird into the pack once one of the 3 mentioned can step up and hold there own in the top level.

Sezer is leading the poll and he has not had an NRL game yet, thats pretty optimistic. Rankin, Henry or Sezer to be in the 6 by RND 3-4 and it should be a battle to see who is most suitable until then.

Lawton off the bench.

easily the hardest position to fill, and we are just messing around on a forum. Carty has to get it right for the interests of a multi million dollar business, good luck to him.

i think that it will be out of sezer and henry, and we should discount henrys efforts last year as he moved mid season after being injured and had to play with a brand new bunch of guys. give him a fresh slate imo.

i have selected sezer for the polls tho. he could be this years CDE or Hodkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    I've been a big advocate of Prince playing five-eighth for a while. I think it would take a lot of the pressure off him and allow him to do what he does best and allow one of the young halfbacks just to marshal the forwards around and execute the game plan in attack. I haven't seen Sezer play but I'm keen as to see him after seeing a picture of him in action. If I stand Sezer and Henry side-by-side I know which one looks like a footballer and an athlete. The article on Dowling sounds promising too. With the side as it is at the moment I'd go with Rankin at halfback and Prince in the 6.
    I went for Prince to 5/8 as well. I think that it's time that we start succession planing in 2012/13. Play Sezer in the half back with Prince to help Sezer around as well. This will give Prince more time to pick plays and to when to run. Also more time to set plays up. This will then allow Sezer to play on instinct behind a big pack. Maybe time for Prince to hand over. Prince looked like he lacked time this year so putting him at 5/8 will give him time to plan and set plays up. Locky has been great at doing this over the past two years so I can't see why Prince can't.

Banned

I think we just need to have 1 person there all year and not change it all the time

Interesting to see that Rankin has not polled yet, was not expecting that.

Went with Sezer but can't forget that birds a man of the match five eighth at origin level. Though he's been ordinary of late he still oozes with talent and I would give him as many shots as possible, however I just want to see Sezer in action as early as possible even if he doesn't play every game in the halves.

Quote Originally Posted by Burleigh bear View Post
    Went with Sezer but can't forget that birds a man of the match five eighth at origin level. Though he's been ordinary of late he still oozes with talent and I would give him as many shots as possible, however I just want to see Sezer in action as early as possible even if he doesn't play every game in the halves.
    Birds a tough player that suits the middle...there's a difference between having a good game at origin with a basic pattern...and setting up your backline for a whole season.

Coaches will be watching videos of your attacking play and you can't just do the same thing every week and expect to break the line.

I'd expect our 5/8 to be going into each game with about 3 pet plays he's been rehearsing during the week....I'd expect Idris to be hitting at least one of them.
    I don't see Bird conducting this type of play.

Why would u put Bird at 5/8? He has been doing well this yr at second row/lock so dont tamper with the forward pack. And with the likes of Nate Myles and Luke Douglas being added to the forward packs it will lift Bird's game. If Bird does get shifted to 5/8 he won't put pressure off Prince because he wont create plays. He will take pressure off Prince in defensive but not in attack. I would let Beau Henry develop more at QLD before playing first grade so he can get over his injury and be used to playing footy. Ranko isn't a bad option but Sezer is my pick.

Why would you wanna shift Prince to 5/8? Do you want to shift the best halfback of 2010 to 5/8? Do you want to put Sezer who plays 5/8 to halfback? Why are you trying to make things complicated? Sezer is meant to put pressure of Prince NOT Prince putting pressure off Sezer. What is going on here? Experience should never be discouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Birds a tough player that suits the middle...there's a difference between having a good game at origin with a basic pattern...and setting up your backline for a whole season.

Coaches will be watching videos of your attacking play and you can't just do the same thing every week and expect to break the line.

I'd expect our 5/8 to be going into each game with about 3 pet plays he's been rehearsing during the week....I'd expect Idris to be hitting at least one of them.
    I don't see Bird conducting this type of play.
    Very good post.

3 plays is plenty as long as they are well timed and have a specific purpose.

look at st.george and the left hand play they crapped on everyone one with for a year and half/ exactly the same each time time, you KNOW its coming, but you gotta stop it still.

3 plays executed well is better than 8 plays done terribly which is how we looked last year when we tried to run a set play.