Default Season Preview 2012

Gains: Jamal Idris (Bulldogs), Luke Douglas (Sharks), Beau Champion (Storm), Nate Myles (Roosters), Beau Henry (Knights) ? Mid Season, Beau Falloon (Rabbitohs), Adam Sezer (Bulldogs), Phil Graham (Roosters).
    Losses: Nathan Friend (Warriors), Anthony Laffranchi (St Helens), Brad Meyers (Retirement), Esi Tonga (Eels), Sam Tagataese (Sharks) ? Mid Season, Joseph Tomane (Rugby Union), Will Matthews (Dragons), Mat Rogers (Retirement), Luke Capewell (Broncos), Clinton Toopi (Retirement), Shannon Walker (Rugby Union), Preston Campbell (Retirement).
    Re-signed: Luke Bailey, Matt Srama, Jordan Rankin, Ashley Harrison.
    2012 Coach: John Cartwright
    First 5 Rounds: Cowboys (A), Raiders (H), Storm (H), Warriors (A), Bulldogs (H)

The Gold Coast Titans certainly did not live up to their expectations in 2011. This year the Titans will be planning to turn all that around. 2011 can be put down to missed opportunities on the football field. The Titans? attack and defensive stats ranked among the worst in the NRL and is why they saw themselves finish in 16th position. They ranked last in the competition for points scored, line-breaks, errors and points conceded and second last for tries scored, metres gained and tackle-breaks. These are unwanted stats for all teams in the competition. It seems as though 2011 was just not the year for the Gold Coast.

John Cartwright who has signed a long term contract with the club will be looking to turn around his teams performances in 2012. If he is unable to do this he will certainly be in for a very long year and many sleepless nights. If the Titans do not get off to a good start to the year, Cartwright will definitely be in the firing line. The Titans do not have an overly tough first five rounds and should be aiming to pick up at least two or three wins from the opening five matches. The Titans should fancy their chances against the Cowboys and Raiders while the other matches should present to be more difficult. If the Titans do not get off to a quick start they will once again find themselves playing from behind for the entire season.

full preview: http://www.nrlweekly.com/preview-201...-coast-titans/

I am really excited about today. The first game of the season for the Titans.

When i watch the Titans videos on the Titans website I see that the team looks to be working on try scoring plays which is making me excited.

My prediction for todays game 24 - 16 Titans way. Mead will score first.
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

I am gonna do a break down of each player in the team who plays in the backs/halves

1. William ZILLMAN <----- Hasnt been strong for the last 2 games. Phil Graham/Javarn White are waiting for their turn.

2. Steve MICHAELS <----- An ideal replacement for Flash. Flash will be back though.

3. Jamal IDRIS <----- Certainly hard to contain for the opposition. A bit under used but works well with Srama

4. Beau CHAMPION <---- A holerunner. Could add spark to the attack. A bit of firepower maybe? We will see how he goes against the Storm.

5. Dominique PEYROUX <----- I really liked him in the centres and if Champion doesnt play well then Champion gotta make way for Peyroux.

6. Jordan RANKIN <----- Certainly the future prospect for us. Fitler said that he will play for Australia. He needs to get more ball. Looking good atm. Needs to stick around for a while.

7. Scott PRINCE <----- Dropping Ricky Ponting from the ODI team was a bold decision, will this one be the same? I love Prince but i dont know what happened to him. Is his confidence down? Has he just lost it? I hope i gets going this season. Sezer and Beau Henry are waiting...

Other players in the halves/backs who should be considered.

*David MEAD - He is injured at the moment so i didnt include him in the team. Most under utilised player in the team. I have no idea what they do in training. Its common sense to get the ball out to him so he can make a linebreak or score a try. Dissapointed with Carty for not thinking this through.

*Aidan SEZER - Prince is not doing good so lets try out this youngster? I would love for him to be in the team but there is a risk of dropping Prince from the team. The team would lose an experienced campaigner. The spine of the team would be too young as well IMO.

*Kevin GORDON - Speed machine. At his best he is deadly. We will see how he goes.

*Phil GRAHAM - Might add a different dimension to our attack. Maybe something we have missed sorely?

*Javarn WHITE - Havent watched him play but shows promise i guess.

We easily have the fastest backline in the comp. Why arent we utilising this? Pls feel free to comment because it seems like our halves/backs are the problem NOT our forward pack.
    Last edited by Princey's Titanz; 13-03-12 at 09:20 PM.
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

Young spine???

worked fine for manly

i think what you mean is, youthful, fast, creative and innovative spin.
    Get people together who like playing with eachother.

LETS MAKE SOME COMBINATIONSS!!!!

we need to play like the tigers..... fast and and strong

get us to run the forwards to first 2, then spread wide for 3rd, then forward on 4th then on the fifth .... UNLEASH HELL

We got the best second rowers in the comp. Fastest backs and some descent props. Get some halves that will make these plays and do it efficiently.

Team chemistry is more important than individual quality i can tell you right now!

I look at Cronulla's woeful centre-pairing of Pomeroy and Best, then I think how much better they look with some quality ball and room to move.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.