Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default titans re-sign zillman till 2017

titans have re-signed zilly till the end of 2017

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

A 5 year contract is huge. Zilly is the fullback for the foreseeable future.

Hope they got him cheap! he is a good player but seriously 5 years is a long time..

Look how great prince has done since his 5 yr deal..

I just hope cartwright hasnt locked him in for our 5/8 or halfback for the next 5 yrs

Zillman re-signs on five year contract

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have secured another coup for the future after today re-signing backline utility William Zillman to a new five-year contract.

In a major boost for the club ahead of Saturday night's first home game for 2012 against Zillman's former club the Canberra Raiders, the Jetstar Titans have secured the services of the versatile 25-year-old until the end of the 2017 season.

Since joining the club from the Canberra Raiders in 2009, Zillman has played 69 NRL matches for the Jetstar Titans, scoring 23 tries in that time.

His new deal will see him play nine seasons as a Titan. Zillman joins new recruits Jamal Idris (end of 2016) and Nate Myles (end of 2015) as the club’s long-term signings.

Jetstar Titans Managing Director Michael Searle said the re-signing of Zillman was significant for the future of the club.

“On and off the field, Will has proven to be a true professional,’’ said Searle.

“He’s a great person, has a faultless attitude and is one of the hardest workers in the team. It’s exciting to think what he might be able to achieve at this club over the next five years.’’

Zillman is regarded as the fittest player at the club and Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright said it was a boost to have him commit to the Titans on a long-term basis.

“Zilly has proved how valuable he is to the team over the past three years and we see him as being one of the future leaders at the club,’’ said Cartwright.

“He came to us after having two serious knee injuries and he has worked really hard to get back to the player that he is today. He ticks all the boxes so it’s great for the club to be able to sign him to such a lengthy deal.’’

Zillman said the new contract would allow him to focus on his development as a player.

“I’m really happy here at the Titans and I’m excited about what’s in store for the future of the club,’’ said Zillman, a Rochedale Brothers junior.

“It’s nice to have my future all wrapped up so I can focus on my football and what we’re trying to achieve here on the Gold Coast.’’

http://www.titans.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

That's a long ass contract.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    That's a long ass contract.
    We need to make sure that Zillman sticks with us. He is a great footballer that could maybe lead us to a premiership. He needs to get hmore hands on the footy to make an big impact on the team.
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

Quote Originally Posted by Princey's Titanz View Post
    We need to make sure that Zillman sticks with us. He is a great footballer that could maybe lead us to a premiership. He needs to get hmore hands on the footy to make an big impact on the team.
    no doubt we need to keep him, i love Zillman as much as the next bloke, his awkward ball playing aside, but 5 years just seems unneccasarily long. not saying its terrible or even bad, just unneccasary.

i can understand it with Prince, who is our franchise player, and Idris, who we needed to lure from another club to be our next franchise or marquee player.

but Zillman seems a good guy, and he would know how highly Carty thinks of him, just offer him 3 with an option for 4 and thats heaps.

again i dont really care, i love Zillman hope he captains us to titles one day, just seems long.

p.s. if we are handing out 5 year contracts, hope Srama is next, and rankin if he guns it this year. lets lock our spine down.

no doubt we need to keep him, i love Zillman as much as the next bloke, his awkward ball playing aside, but 5 years just seems unneccasarily long. not saying its terrible or even bad, just unneccasary.

i can understand it with Prince, who is our franchise player, and Idris, who we needed to lure from another club to be our next franchise or marquee player.

but Zillman seems a good guy, and he would know how highly Carty thinks of him, just offer him 3 with an option for 4 and thats heaps.

again i dont really care, i love Zillman hope he captains us to titles one day, just seems long.

p.s. if we are handing out 5 year contracts, hope Srama is next, and rankin if he guns it this year. lets lock our spine down.
    agree with locking the spine down!
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

I just hope he will attack the ball in defence.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Zilly a 5 year contract without an increase clause means he has great confidence in tthe club and where it's going and not to mention the type of team player Zillman is.

I know it sounds like he's lock in long term. But I reckon you'll find as with most contracts these days, that there'd be a 'get out' clause that both Zilly and the Titans can exercise, if they so choose to do so. Both parties would be silly not to have it written in.

But back to the topic at hand. I think it's great news..

best news in a while. honestly more excited about that then idris and douglas joining the titans. i think zillman (if left at fullback) will end up giving slater a run for the origin spot. he is a quality player, but the poor fella gets shifted around so much he wouldnt know where he is half the time. leave him at the back where his 5 yr contract deserves to be, and will do us all as titans fans proud i say lol

Quote Originally Posted by MightyTitans View Post
    Hope they got him cheap! he is a good player but seriously 5 years is a long time..

Look how great prince has done since his 5 yr deal..

I just hope cartwright hasnt locked him in for our 5/8 or halfback for the next 5 yrs
    Zillman has signed a 5 year contract at the age of 25 which is a lot better than signing one at 30
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt_Beno View Post
    best news in a while. honestly more excited about that then idris and douglas joining the titans. i think zillman (if left at fullback) will end up giving slater a run for the origin spot. he is a quality player, but the poor fella gets shifted around so much he wouldnt know where he is half the time. leave him at the back where his 5 yr contract deserves to be, and will do us all as titans fans proud i say lol
    This is my first post, and don't take it the wrong way. I am a foundation Gold Member and have stuck with the Titans through thick and thin. But you've got to be kidding when you say Zillman will challenge Billy Slater for the QLD fullback position. I am extremely disappointed with the Titan's for signing him for another 5 years. When we first picked him up, there was all this hype and talk he was the best buy of the season, supposedly a "speech machine". In the 3 years he has been with us, he hasn't proved himself at all. He caught one high ball on the weekend, and left the rest to bounce. He can't catch, can't pass, can't tackle and just flat out can't play. If you compare him to other fullbacks such as Slater, Dugan, Barba, and Stewart, Zillman doesn't even compare. Send him back to Canberra, IMO he is a utility reserve at best.

Welcome Chuckles..........get ready for some flak...