Default Luke Douglas Titans Player Blog

Luke Douglas
    8/03/2012 2:55:50 PM

Well my first game for the Gold Coast was a successful one. We came away with the two points and kept the Cowboys to zero.

I must admit, it felt quite weird pulling on the Titans playing kit. I?ve only ever ran out onto the field in a Sharks jersey so at first I kind of felt like a fish out of water. But it wasn?t too different to be honest - a little bit of yellow instead of the black and a lighter shade of blue - and I'm already used to it!

The transition of changing clubs over the pre season went quite smoothly. I?m a Yamba boy and it?s good to be close to home again. I?ve gone down there quite a bit actually and we had a bit of a getaway down to Ballina the other week for three days to catch up with mates and family, and I got a chance to go fishing and have a surf.

Family has always been a big part of my life. Mum and Dad moved back from Cronulla as well. They had been looking after about 6-8 junior reps in the ?Shark House? down there, and although they loved it, they are your typical country folks and they love being surrounded by the relaxed atmosphere again up here.

My first home game for the club is this Saturday against the Raiders and I?m hoping we can make it two wins from as many matches. I think every man and his dog from Yamba wants to come to the game so I?ll have to go on the hunt for a few more tickets. We only receive a certain amount from the club for home games, but I?m certain there will be almost a full bays' worth of people. I might have to persuade a few of the other guys to offload theirs or otherwise I?ll be putting my hand in my pocket to buy some more ? or better still, maybe those that want to come can put theirs in their own

Anyway, I?ve got to know Luke Bailey pretty well over the last few months or so. He doesn?t say too much really, he reminds me a lot of Paul Gallen. His actions speak louder than his words. He rips in at training, he does the extras and just seems to go about his business without a fuss. He and Nate Myles are unbelievably fit. We did a few time trials over the off-season and it was pretty tough keeping up. They both won pretty much all of the forwards challenges so it?s good to have them as benchmarks to measure yourself against. To achieve even half of what 'Bull' has in his career would be an awesome achievement.

One question I always seem to cop at the start of the season is about Origin? 'is making the NSW team a goal of yours?'

For any player, of course it is. But to be fair dinkum, it?s not actually at the forefront of my mind as much as it may have been in the past. I?m really just focused on knuckling down and playing consistently well for the Titans. I might be getting on a bit in terms of age when it comes to the representative scene, but I?d still love to have a crack, especially at Country Origin, but I?ve got to be playing well and the Titans will need to be winning games.

We have Canberra this weekend and their forward pack is a big one. It will be another great test for us and hopefully we can continue our great record against them at Skilled Park on the weekend.

Enjoy the season and I?ll see you at our first game on Saturday! Get pumped!

Dougie.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Have a great game Dougie...love the concept of the blog!

Good to read keep em coming,I am sure you will find the coast fans very welcoming as long as your in Titans colours so welcome to skilled park for saturday

Oh hell yea, what an awesome idea, where is it published?
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

he just seems like a quality young guy.

good luck dougie.

What a class act, i can sense the rebuild of the family friend zone titans and ive got to tell you..... Im excited about it

Bloody oath - a people's player.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.