Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

a bird in the hand is worth two in bush
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

He still doesn't seem to have all his speed back. He made that break yesterday and had no one in front of him and 3 Dragon's got to him including a second rower running him down from behind. I hope he gets back to full strength and speed soon as we need him and Mead at full tilt to finish moved like that off.

mmmm kev had a good n bad game 2day... him backing away/chasing tackling is horrid... he just trys to grab their shirt to pull them down... dive at the legs... they cant run without leg, if u cant complete the tackle, at least u will trip em over with a ankle tap.. alot better then reaching for the shirt which one u miss ur grab, u loose ur speed.

TITANS fan favourite Kevin Gordon says he wants to lock up his future on the Gold Coast as soon as possible before helping the Philippines qualify for the next World Cup.

Gordon will play water boy for the Philippine Tamaraws when they face off against the Latin Heat at Runaway Bay on January 18.

He and Titans hooker Matt Srama's club commitments have prevented them from representing their country on the Gold Coast but Gordon is desperate to drum up big support for the friendly encounter.

"The coach (Clayton Watene) messaged me the other day asking me to be a water boy. I'm trying to promote the game. The more people the better," he said.

"It's something a bit different playing against a Latin team.

"We're hoping to step up and play at the next World Cup.

"The Philippines has to take it step-by-step to try and qualify. The next game will probably be against one of the better known sides.

"I talked to the Filipino guys and our main goal is to make the next World Cup."

The lightning winger, who has scored 50 tries in 94 games for the Titans, will then turn his focus to the club's pre-season trials and Auckland Nines.

He has returned to pre-season training in career-best shape, having completely overcome a knee reconstruction in 2011.

And the 24-year-old said he was keen to extend his tenure on the Gold Coast ahead of the final season of his current contract.

"I'd like to sort it out at the start of next year," he said.

"I haven't really thought about it yet. I'll focus on the footy, hopefully I have a good year and we can talk some business.

"I haven't had any injuries. I'm going to get a full pre-season under my belt. I've never felt better."

Gordon has been training at fullback as well as the wing and said he was excited about the roaming role he is likely to be given at the Nines.

"I wouldn't mind playing a bit of fullback but I like it on the wing as well. You get a few more tries out there," he said.

"I want to get the body fully fit for the first game and the Nines.

"I can't wait. It's going to be good to be able to run around and play a bit of footy.

"We're going to have a good crack at it and put a lot of the top guys in. It should be all right."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1226790761280

I have to admire Kevin and Matt for this type of committment. Im sure all of us will help the progress of Phillipines RL when we are called upon.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Gee, with nothing else on, any game of footy has to be an attraction ... is the Latin team called the Salsas or perhaps the Guacamole Dips?

Todd Balym tweeting that Kev has been added to the NSW Country team in place of Michael Gordon.

Origin bolter?!

Crazy selection, but good on him. Hopefully he finds some form with his first rep jumper.

Congrats KG.

Junior

Congrats to kevvy!

This will do wonders for his confidence, its been a while since I have seen him pin the ears back and backed himself 1-on-1, hopefully getting picked for country is going to leave him buzzing to play well the rest of the season.

Bolter doesn't nearly describe it but good on him.

And good on him for making a fair fist of his first rep jersey ... that was an honest wingers try and he had a decent dig ... excellent.

Does anyone know what the pre-season run times were across the team?

Kev doesn't look anywhere near as fast as he used to be, and I haven't seen any "explosiveness" for a looonnggg time.
    Tighe**edit** seems to be leaving him behind, and Kev is slow to react to a lot of things that happen around him.

I wonder if the goal kicking thing is just a reason to try and make himself more valuable to the team, because we appear to have faster players inside him, and there are much better defensive options. He doesn't contest attacking bombs like he used to, seems to stand and wait more often than not, and I cringe every time he creeps up and in, leaves us really exposed, and he doesn't seem to have the turn and chase that he used to.

I'd give him a rest, try Roberts for a few weeks and see what Kevvie chooses to do about it.
    Last edited by C-Whiz; 10-06-14 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Tighe.

Is not a Fullback & never should be considered one
    #itaintweaktospeak

Titans won’t stand in Gordon’s way as English Super League speculation mounts
    TERRY WILSON GOLD COAST BULLETIN JULY 01, 2015 12:00AM

THE Gold Coast Titans will not stand in the way of Kevin Gordon if the flying winger asks for a release from the club he has played at since 2008.

As a move to the English Super League looms closer and closer, Gordon and the Titans have been in serious discussions about his future even though he is contracted to the club until the end of 2017.

Only 25 and having joined the Titans as an under-20 *play-er from Sawtell in 2008, Gordon has had an injury-plagued season.

Whether or not the speedster is capable of another tough NRL preseason seems to be *behind the conjecture over the 116-game flanker’s *future.

Yesterday Titans coach Neil Henry certainly did not go as far as to say Gordon is a must to be retained.

“We’ve been talking to him about his future,” Henry said.

“He has a contract here for a couple of years but he’s looking at his options as well – and so are we.”

Titans sign David Shillington, former Test and Origin prop

When asked if Gordon was a required player Henry said: “He’s a great player and at his best he’s one of the best finishers in the game.

“He has been here a long time and has been a regular part of the first-grade make-up but we’ve seen some other players come up.

“Anthony Don has stepped up and played regular footy, we’ve been rotating (David) Mead and (Josh) Hoffman and Zilly (William Zillman).

“I think we have fair depth in those positions at the moment – and we’ve recruited Neme Macdonald. And we have young Leva Li.”

Gordon has been battling injuries for some time and could be tested with Burleigh in an Intrust Super Cup match this weekend when most of his Titans clubmates will have a weekend off.

Henry said for Gordon to stay in the NRL system he has to be prepared for a lengthy term of modified training, then get through a demanding preseason campaign for 2016.

“We’ll have to see if he can get through a preseason, that’s the key in all this,” Henry said.

“He really needs to be able to get the volume of work you have to sustain to be in the NRL. That volume of work is not there in the Super League and also with the softer pitches over there that may suit him

“He’s exploring every opportunity over there but he is contracted here and if he has to be on a modified program, well ... he’ll be on a modified program.

“He knows the standards to play NRL are pretty tough ...”

The Titans have the bye this weekend before fronting up to Manly.

As a young kid, Kevvie was my favourite Titan to watch on gameday. His character off the field will be missed i reckon, and part of me will follow him on to whichever club he ends up at next. For his sake, and our club's - I hope he goes and kills it in the supereague before waiting for his titans contract to expire.

Good luck to Flash I wish him all the best in his future , i'm sure Super League will suit his game & he will become a cult figure once again..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Sounds like he's off soon, goodluck Flash.
    Last edited by teke; 02-07-15 at 02:44 AM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]