Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

“He really needs to be able to get the volume of work you have to sustain to be in the NRL. That volume of work is not there in the Super League and also with the softer pitches over there that may suit him."
    That's a pleasant way of putting it..

I think I mentioned what I am about to type in another thread ages ago (it may have been after 10pm) so here goes.........Shoot me down people.

I am not going to go into details, someone else can sit down and spend the time doing it but what about a 'loan' system. Similar (not the same) to English and European Football (soccer)

I will use Kevvie as an example...sure we can keep him in Qld Cup and he if he hits top form again (gets his speed back) and our current wingers are still doing a fine job well, who is gunna notice aside from those around him? But what if we loan him to an NRL club (they pay or at least subsidise..so Salary Cap comes into it) that is struggling for form wingers (oh, Kevvie is a bad example....there are a thousand wingers out there...but I started with Kevin so I will finish with him...but you get the idea)....we loan him out for 6 months..or a season and if he really is on the outer with our club some other club may see some benefits from him and offer to buy him. The other thing is if we are suddenly down on wingers we have the option to take him back. We also need to look at the other side (us as the borrowers)...we could have used a hooker and a halfback for the past 2 weeks.......just my thoughts, probably a lot of negatives there someone that I have not thought of but I am sure you guys will find them...