Junior Titan

Default Build it already!

For the love of God, how many more seasons will we all have to trudge past the "Tavern approved" site and shuffle off to the buses?
    Why is there no club/pub/tavern of a Titans Leagues club? Are there massive restrictions on the site (re GCCC doing there thing!)??It's a no-brainer...there is a motza sitting there to be had.
    With pathetic home crowds, you have to ask why is there not something that will entice people to come before and after games for a meal, drink and a game.So close to transport and shops,it's a gold mine laying idle...why?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglerock View Post
    For the love of God, how many more seasons will we all have to trudge past the "Tavern approved" site and shuffle off to the buses?
    Why is there no club/pub/tavern of a Titans Leagues club? Are there massive restrictions on the site (re GCCC doing there thing!)??It's a no-brainer...there is a motza sitting there to be had.
    With pathetic home crowds, you have to ask why is there not something that will entice people to come before and after games for a meal, drink and a game.So close to transport and shops,it's a gold mine laying idle...why?
    Money!..........or lack of it!

....and if you are talking about free enterprise i.e An entrepreneur outside of Titans building a tavern (minimum) then it may only be a short term gain if Titans eventually build a Leagues Club.... Just my opinion.

A majority of us would love to have one, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out it wouldn't be viable near Skilled Stadium or CoE. As there'd only be 12-13 home games a year to cash in on. That among other things, would pose to much of a challenge to exist or survive long term.

Personally, Robina was stupid location to begin with to have our home grounds. As a good number of people that originally bought there were Melbournites. Our Home Ground should've been futher north on the Coast, in my opinion..
    Last edited by Toads; 25-02-12 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    A majority of us would love to have one, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out it wouldn't be viable near Skilled Stadium or CoE. As there'd only be 12-13 home games a year to cash in on. That among other things, would pose to much of a challenge to exist or survive long term.

Personally, Robina was stupid location to begin with to have our home grounds. As a good number of people that originally bought there were Melbournites. Our Home Ground should've been futher north on the Coast, in my opinion..
    Sorry to disagree Toads but I think it is an ideal location. It is central to everyone as the train line is right there and if you could bring up a 5 klm radius map of the region it covers quite an amount of area. I personally don't think it would be a seasonal thing. IMO it would be a popular watering hole 24/7/365...especially it if had a TAB!

P.S. When I say ideal, I mean for the Leagues Club...not the stadium for a lot of supporters. But as I only live up the road HELL YEAH....the stadium location is ideal!

Yeah it would be a good spot, robina needs a good pub/tavern that's decent, has to be better then going to Robina tavern and getting stabbed or shot lol
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Id love to see a Rugby League friendly tavern! If only we had the money ey, us fans!

But cant agree that our crowds are "Pathetic". If you are a Manly fan, their home crowds arent flash either.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

No worries, shamus. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Having the train station close to the Stadium and CoE is definately a huge positive. Hopefully in time, it will become viable to have something nearby, when more activity fires up around that part of Robina. Just might be a lil' while yet and when there's a bit more cash floating around than at present.

By the way, in my previous post. I meant to use the word 'silly' instead of 'stupid'.

EDIT: LOL Smakked

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Id love to see a Rugby League friendly tavern! If only we had the money ey, us fans!

But cant agree that our crowds are "Pathetic". If you are a Manly fan, their home crowds arent flash either.
    Titans are my second team, and yes I am a huge Manly fan. But this is not about opposition teams and there crowds. This is about having the Titans around ...financially sound...for a very long time.
    You look at something like Panthers...it is a gold mine and has been since the early 90's. Imagine a Panthers style entertainment centre with a motel. The transport infrastructure is already in place, massive shopping centre, hospital, the M1 five minutes away...it doesn't get any better IMO from a developers point of view. This is season six of the comatose shuffle towards buses and home. Can you imagine even a quarter of those people going into a club right next door and having a great night while helping the club to grow!
    It has actually become a bit of a joke when we are leaving the stadium now. As we pass the sports excellence centre we ask each other what we're having from the grill, maybe catch a show...stay the night!!
    It's right there waiting!

Junior Titan

Well things aren't looking to good on the financial front today. Searle said he'd sell the COE if he had to. Do It !... There's your new cash cow already built. Get the weights out of there and start moving in the bars!