Default What team did you follow before Titans

Well what team was it?

For me it was Panthers, had been following them since about 88'.
    Was a hard decision but since I live here now and close to the ground made it alot easier.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

The Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Tube Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    The Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Tube Men.
    That was one of the Super League sides wasnt it?

Technically I was a Broncos fan. But when Super League struck. I seriously went to as many Broncos, Crushers and Chargers games as I could. Chargers I really grew to love. I was shattered and bitter when they were booted out.

I officially had enough of the Broncos at the end of 1999 and never looked back.

Subsequent years saw me being a RUGBY LEAGUE fan. And I had interests in teams such as Storm and Souths and really cheered for what ever was best for Rugby League.

During this period my love for international football greatly increased and I founded the official Kangaroos supporter group The Roo Crew in 2005.

I was all for a Gold Coast team ever since their removal. And when the bid surfaced I was on board straight away. I even own a GOLD COAST DOLPHINS jersey.

I started moderating and then administrating the Titans Forum from mid 2005 and begun campaigning for a supporters group not long after. Now The Legion is a fully blown TITANS MEMBERSHIP and actually its two with the brand new AWAY LEGION.

So Im totally delghted to be following the amazing GOLD COAST TITANS and chatting and talking about this on our own official forum. I'm living the dream!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Also was a VALLEYS DIEHARDS BRL supporter and while they no longer exist, I still count them.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

As a young child I was a Parramatta Eels supporter with my favourite player being Brett Kenny but as I played some adult footy and the Super League War broke out I became dis-interested in being parochial for football. Now with a family the Titans came along and it is all back...the love of footy!
    And I am a Wests Panthers supporter in Brisbane...it will be a great day when they are back in the QCup.

i am a scotty prince supporter so i supported the Tigers. When Prince moved to the coast i started to support Titans.

Now i am a Titans supporter for life. The other clubs dont really appeal to me and i feel like the Titans is THE club.
    Last edited by Princey's Titanz; 19-02-12 at 09:03 AM.

QLD Cup

I was a 1970's Wests Panthers supporter. Then went overseas and missed the start up of State of origin, still have mental scars from the days NSW would smash our semi professional team. Followed Joe Montana and the San Francisco 49ers to the super bowl. Moved to New York and followed Eric Sims and LT with the Giants and became a Mets baseball fan and saw them win the World Series. Moved back to Brisbane and followed the Broncos. Moved to the Goldy and real happy that the Titans were being started, specially with them getting Scotty who I had followed from his Cowboy days. What kept me with the Titans was the heart and effort shown from the beginning. Even though they didn't know how to put the opposition away and let them back into the game, they always hung in there, until last year. In my way of looking at things, getting beaten is not a problem if you are outplayed but play to your potential, but if you beat yourself with errors there is no excuse. This year is looking really promising and I can't wait for the season to start.

Wow we have ALOT of Wests Panthers supporters who are Titans fans!

I hope to see them back in the Queensland Cup some day soon!

Western Suburbs Magpies. I bled Black and White. Raudonikis was my hero as a teen.
    Through the war I lost a lot of interest. Then came the merger. I tried to follow the new side but could see the Maggies getting swallowed. I then tried switching to the bunnies but my heart was never in it there either.

I was barely even a league fan any more, until the Titans joined. Still don't have the feeling for the club that 30yrs of following can bring, but it will come.

The Super League war really did alot of damage, not just losing fans but fans losing passion.

And actually the NRL period of "rationalisation" was far more bloody and terrible.

Burleigh junior, Wests Panthers (there was quite a group of us at UQ including Valley's Jerry Fitzpatrick, South's John Grant and the late Max Williamson) supported Manly and later when no coast team vaguely a Bronco until they all but ruined rugby league.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

i went for the roosters, solely because they wore the same colour as my team haha. but was always a huge preston campbell fan, and an ipswich jets fan so i said if the gold coast come back in, ill follow them, and then preston joined up straight away so i just had to haha, and i havent and never will look back from this great club.