Default Bulldogs vs Titans possible for Belmore in future?

Bulldogs flag some NRL games at Belmore

Canterbury chief executive Todd Greenberg believes the Bulldogs can play NRL games at Belmore Sports Ground within the next five years.

Greenberg couldn't hide his pleasure as a sell-out crowd of more than 10,000 crammed into the spiritual home of the club on Sunday to watch a trial match against the Sydney Roosters.

And while he admits it is not feasible for the ground to host games in the immediate future, he said the club was confident of it becoming possible with some more government funding.

As it stands, after their most recent upgrades of which $8.4 million came from state and federal governments, Belmore has 7000 seats and cannot accommodate more than 10,000 at the ground.

And with the Bulldogs anticipating 16,000 members in 2012, Greenberg argues they would require more seating to make the ground a viable option.

"Down the track, absolutely (regular season games could be played at Belmore)," Greenberg said.

"There are obvious restrictions but, if we can get some additional investment from the government to put a little bit more into the ground, then we could play one or two games a year here.

"And that is exactly what our plan would be."

Part of that plan would be to move matches against lower-drawing clubs, such as North Queensland and Gold Coast, for the Belmore fixtures.

"We're not going to play Parramatta, St George or the Wests Tigers here but you might play one of those clubs who you don't draw those bigger numbers (against)," Greenberg said.

But Greenberg said there was no chance the Bulldogs would make a permanent move to Belmore.

"I'm not ever suggesting we'll play all our games here," he said.

"We are very accommodating to ANZ (Stadium), but one or two premiership games a year here would be great.

"(But) we can't do that at the moment."

http://www.nrl.com/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Im delighted to see the Bulldogs back at Belmore in this fashion. Maybe the Titans will play an NRL game there, but for now the Double Header is the best result for us.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Pity the Dogs cant draw a crowd - they would have nothing after our 10,000 were in.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I bet they end up filling the Belmore ground against the lower drawing clubs and making them think more about upgrading and moving more games there.

Homebush has no atmosphere!

I can't see any games at Belmore being good for us if we draw the fixture. Geez... how fired up would the Dogs be for a game there!! Would definitely be something to visit though.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I can't see any games at Belmore being good for us if we draw the fixture. Geez... how fired up would the Dogs be for a game there!! Would definitely be something to visit though.
    I live about 20mins away from Belmore and my mate told me that the Bulldogs trial matches were sold out. Im confused right now.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    It is a terrifying thought!

Roosters actually got up over the Dogs today. Would have been a painful loss.

Thank god we won our first games at Carrara and Skilled Park.

I would have thought our boys would get up a lot easier in front of small, enthusiastic boutique crowd rather than playing to empty stands.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Been to many a game there & the crowd is right on the players shoulders & could be very intimidating for players & supporters alike , I wouldn't be keen on going to a game there if it was a Friday or Saturday night the place is not the friendliest suburbs ....
    #itaintweaktospeak

i love the games going back to the fans. belmore, kogarah, leichardt etc is good for the game. it brings back the memories and loyalty that has been lacking recently. yeah belmore and kogarah are hostile places but that is part of the atmosphere at the local ground. homeground advantage rarely applies anymore unless teams have a spiritual home.