View Poll Results: Titans: Whats your preference, collar or no collar for the jersey?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - we need a collar

28 68.29%
  • No - we don't need a collar

7 17.07%
  • Not bothered - it's a jersey that has the Titan logo, good enough for me

6 14.63%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Titan

I reckon a jersey with a collar looks smarter - but I am not phased either way. If the Titans decide to go with no collar, than being a biased Parra fan, I would like to see the Titans don a collar for Parra games only. :emp:

Why you ask???? :]

Well, I will never forget the sight of Big Gordie Tallis dragging poor little Brett Hodgson by the collar over the sideline in a Game 2 of the 2002 S.O.O. Match., and although the Titans will be my second team, I would love to see Wade McKinnon repeating the event against Sideshow Bob or Luke O'Dwyer in the 2007 season!!! :] :afro:

Parra Petty.

Titan First Grade Regular Titans#1's Avatar

I still like the idea of the home jersey with a collar and the away jersey without the collar... A bit like formal and informal shirts.....

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    Broncos and Melbourne.
    I stand corrected then, do you have any pic's diehard, to make this an informed debate.
    I've got the schizzle if you've got the skizzle.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Titans#1
    I still like the idea of the home jersey with a collar and the away jersey without the collar... A bit like formal and informal shirts.....
    Now that's an idea worth considering, especially as you need two different kits anyway. Best of both worlds really and keeps everyone happy.

Brisbane, Melbourne and now for 2006, the Dragons, all have collarless jerseys (*cough* T-shirts *cough*)

Is it possible you go to the wrong kind of clubs? Though I guess that means you don't have to change your ripped jeans or romper stomper boots either which must be convenient.
    El Chino Fatman
    romper stomper boot...nooooo double plugers mate

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    Brisbane, Melbourne and now for 2006, the Dragons, all have collarless jerseys
    Pah, if they've all got colourless jerseys then we should give them a wide berth, don't want to look like we are following the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragons
    romper stomper boot...nooooo double plugers mate
    double plugers? Haven't had the pleasure yet mate, are they for your more 'well to do bogan'?
    Last edited by El Chino Fatman; 26-01-06 at 05:25 PM.

Junior Titan

And now the Warriors too!!!!! and damn is that one ugly jersey.

http://warriors.sitesuite.ws/page/pl...unch_2006.html

That's it I retract my vote, bring back the collar.

I hear some clubs are going to bring in bike pants next season. :rotflmao:
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior Titan

OMG not again, have we learnt nothing from the mistakes of the past? I remember when they were all the rage at Saints in the '90s, big red padded things. No wonder they kept failing in the finals series. I remember Tony Priddle running round with giant red thighs the size of Meninga's LOL.

Default What about a supporters Jersey?

I voted for a collar simply because it has a certain class that allows it to be worn on more occasions where a collarless top wouldn't. Maybe a supporters jersey could be produced? Limited edition innaugral season supporters jersey? That would be a nice little collectable!

Junior Titan

Why not an all in one lycra number a la Matt Shirvington?

We could really see who the big men are then! :hi:

Junior Titan

DEFINATELY collars.I have allways disliked the look of collarless jerseys.Broncos and Storm look untidy and damn right daggy.The Mighty Titans will be paraded on the world stage very soon so lets put a collar on our awesome new jersey.Lets look smart and professional and show the world that we are here to play serious footy. We don't want to look like a team that has just rocked up for a run in our daggy training jerseys.From a marketing point of view collared jerseys are definately more appealing for both male and female fans to purchase.

As a fan I want to wear a collared jersey cause the whole neck tight thing really ticks me off.

But for the players, no collar is the way to go in the future, its alot harder for the opposition to collar grab you meaning they have to tackle you to bring you down, no easy way out. Its more effective, but I think the fans should have the option of buying a collared jersey, leave the no collars on the field!!!
    2007: The Centenary of the Mighty Roosters & the Birth of the Mighty Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Brycey
    As a fan I want to wear a collared jersey cause the whole neck tight thing really ticks me off.

But for the players, no collar is the way to go in the future, its alot harder for the opposition to collar grab you meaning they have to tackle you to bring you down, no easy way out. Its more effective, but I think the fans should have the option of buying a collared jersey, leave the no collars on the field!!!
    Good post.

The players I have spoken with in rugby league (and from experience myself) prefer the no collar on a rugby league jersey in the modern game. If that is the general concensus out there amongst players, we do need to look at the no collar option whether or not the fans prefer it.

As for a producing a no collar jersey for the players and a collared jersey (as well as a no collar for the fan like I who wants exact replicas) - financially not viable IMO. Well we could do it but it is not a sound way to make money IMO. I think you will see the Titans reproducing the jersey the players will be wearing and that is it as we as fans WILL buy it. If we catered for every Titans fan there could be some three or four jerseys put on the market.

I think it becomes a little 'give and take' on both parties. We as fans got the chance to vote for our jersey and now the marketing team will come up with the best jersey both for the club, player and fan.

DeeGan