Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yep, just when he was starting to get some confidence behind a functional halves pairing, mind you that only occurred through a litany of injuries, he is again put into the spotlight for all the wrong reasons.

However, if he was that unhappy about it he could have done something about it ages ago ... let's not forget this whole scenario was rolled out in pre-season.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Ive been saying Zillman to centre for a couple years. But his form has been top shelf at fullback.

Well done.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

The Titans' total package

Maria Tsialis Big League Fri, Aug 03, 2012 - 8:18 AM

Commitment is a funny thing. It makes some people swoon while others run for the hills. It creates all sorts of anxiety for those whose blood runs slightly cold at the thought of the scary, distant ?future?.

If a rugby league contract were a loving relationship, William Zillman?s commitment to the Titans would be equivalent to agreeing to ?have and to hold, ?til death do us part?.

He moved to the Gold Coast in 2007 initially on a four-year deal and, after signing with the club again this March for a further five years, he will likely set a record as the longest-serving member of the Titans.

When pondering this predicament, we couldn?t help asking ourselves (and him) whether the thought of exchanging vows with one club for the rest of his career filled him with some sense of trepidation.

?No, not at all,? Zillman answers quickly, and with ease. ?For me it really was an easy decision. I initially signed a four-year deal with the club and at the time I thought that was a really long one.

?But I?ve had a fantastic time up on the Gold Coast, surrounded by a great bunch of guys on and off the field. I?m really enjoying my football at the moment, enjoying living where I?m living. I was more than happy to extend for that period.?

At the time of the signing, his coach John Cartwright called Zillman future leadership material, and it?s easy to see why. The well-spoken 25-year-old has a calm and friendly demeanour that shows why he fits in so well with the typically laid-back Gold Coast lifestyle.

Having started his career in Canberra after finishing high school in Queensland, Zillman took the opportunity to be a foundation member of the Titans and move back closer to his family. There were a million reasons to stay on the Gold Coast but there was one that stuck out most.

?I think for me it?s important to have that off‑field lifestyle in check as well,? says Zillman on the eve of game number 111. ?It?s good to get away from football and be able to catch up with your friends and family. Sometimes you need that.

?Initially I went straight from high school down to Canberra. I didn?t know anyone but the Raiders were really good in inviting me into the club and it very quickly became my home. But in the end moving closer to home was what I felt like doing.?

Much like the Titans? season so far, Zillman?s form this year had been admittedly slow to get firing. Up until his round 19 blitz of the Raiders, he hadn?t scored a try in 2012.

Three weeks later and his tally stands at four, and with Aidan Sezer permanently filling the No.6 jersey he can concentrate on getting things right at the back.

?I guess it?s good for me just having that consistency every week, knowing what I?m playing and working on my game,? Zillman says of the move back to fullback after he flirted with playing five-eighth. ?I?ve got two halves in Sezer and Prince who are really starting to gel well together. It definitely makes it a lot easier for me.

?The whole team, we?ve been trying our hearts out since round one and it?s all starting to come to fruition now. I think it?s the same for myself; I?ve been lucky enough to score a few points of late, but we?ve got to keep it going and keep improving each week so we can be there come finals time.?

Aside from all his qualities on the football field, he?s also got an academic side, currently working his way through a business degree via correspondence.

?It?s something I always wanted to do,? he says, ?something away from football. I think we?ve got a good opportunity to do things like that because I can chip away at it and I don?t need it at the moment. I can just take my time with it and hopefully it might come in handy later on.?

To his team-mates, Zillman is known as ?TP? ? the total package. But as he navigates his way through his career, there is one part of the Gold Coast life that he just can?t get his head around.

?I?ve tried surfing. I definitely wouldn?t consider myself a surfer,? he admits. ?I think everyone who lives on the Gold Coast gives it a go. We?ve got a few guys who are pretty handy on a board,? he adds, stopping for a beat, ?but not me.?
    #itaintweaktospeak

The forwards should call him TP for Time to Pack another scrum
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    The forwards should call him TP for Time to Pack another scrum
    That's not fair on him I guess, but he does drop the ball a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

I think that hammering he got in the second minute must have shaken him up or something

Shackles off for zippy Zillman

It's a welcomed sight for all Titans fans – a fully fit William Zillman striding out at 100 per cent with a month to go before the club's opening trial match of 2014.

After overcoming a frustrating battle with osteitis pubis, the club’s Vice-Captain is now back to full fitness as he looks to regain the form that saw him make a scintillating start to the 2013 season.

Zillman’s standing as one of the senior members of the Titans’ squad has been emphasised this pre-season, with many of the club’s other senior player such as Co-Captains Nate Myles and Greg Bird experiencing late starts to the pre-season following their extended Rugby League World Cup campaigns.

But it’s a factor that he believes has had a positive effect on many of the younger Titans squad members.

Click on the play button to hear the latest from Zillman.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Sorry for the repost in the main forum. Feel free to merge threads.

Quote Originally Posted by kickit2gordon View Post
    Sorry for the repost in the main forum. Feel free to merge threads.
    All good mate, focus is on getting it read.

I think if we just let things get posted in main and then we can always move them over into the player discussions. Gets read more then I reckon.

The positive to game 1 was seeing TP getting more involved, and certainly injecting himself more into the plays. I am putting this down to the fact that the whole back line seems to be getting more ball and moving it around, probably due to Neil Henry being involved.

The downside to this is TP seems to be so unaccustomed to being injected into so many plays that he is batting about 50% on completion, and 50% completion of a play in every second set adds up to a lot of wasted opportunity.

One minute he puts a nice kick and chase in behind the line or takes a screamer off a kick, the next minute he is dropping ball, passing to no one or over-running plays.

I will say that I was more impressed with his involvement than i have been for quite some time, and hopefully he will get used to getting the ball back in his hands and understanding the new plays the back line is putting on. He is running strong, which is a good sign, just not running good lines. His timing is erratic.

I see a lot of room for improvement, but I can see TP being everything he has always had the potential to be with the Titans this season, and I just hope it comes sooner rather than later.