Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default William Zillman - Discussion Thread

William Zillman - 2012 Discussion Thread

General discussion on match performances, position, injuries, contracts, and anything else.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior Titan

Zillman signed for five more years. He didn't even shop around. He'll probably end up as captain. What do you think?

He'll need to start realising his potential - hopefully today
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

He looked a bit shaky yesterday
    ''Unfortunately my dad is not around anymore, but I know he'll be watching down on me and I just want to make him proud." - Jordan Rankin

Junior Titan

Default Rankin to fullback

I think Carty should play Rankin at fullback because he's more creative and have Zillman on the bench as a utility.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFreak View Post
    I think Carty should play Rankin at fullback because he's more creative and have Zillman on the bench as a utility.
    No,
    I hope Carty does not go down the Rankin at FB path again.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFreak View Post
    I think Zillman is way better. Give him a chance!

I think we need to give Graham another go and Zillman to left centre.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Graham deserves a go for sure. we have given Zillman at least a year, and there has hardly been a glimpse of something to be excited about.

Rankin would be next up, unless we go for zillman fullback, idris centre then rankin on bench, then in second half, bring rankin on to FB for spark, zill to centre and idris to second row, but that seems a bit convoluted. If you are placing someone there for spark, they should prolly start there and give the spark for 80 minutes.

Jury is definitely still out on zillman, but on the bright side, we have 4.5 years to find his best position!

Switch Zillman to left centre, put Idris on the right and put someone like Phil Graham or Rankin at fullback. This will help the team. Idris will be more comfortable and Zillman will be a bigger threat at centre then he is at fullback.

He dont know when to chime in at fullback. At centre his gameplan will be much simplier. He will always be in an attacking position.

This will also make it easier for Sezer to look for Zillman to run through holes.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

I'm not sure if your taking the piss, ur finding ways to get sezer mentioned in Nathan friend and zillman threads.

I get your a fan or probably a friend, but this last comment in particular seems very tenuously linked and thrown in purely to mention his name.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I'm not sure if your taking the piss, ur finding ways to get sezer mentioned in Nathan friend and zillman threads.

I get your a fan or probably a friend, but this last comment in particular seems very tenuously linked and thrown in purely to mention his name.
    Zillman would be better off at centre. Doesnt seem to be finding spark at fullback. So my suggestion is to put Zillman at centre and give a chance to Graham at fb.

Its about team combination.

LOL @ Julius Sezer.
    Last edited by Princey's Titanz; 12-05-12 at 02:08 PM.
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

Sezer plays on the left side of the field. It doesnt seem to work if Idris is there. He would be better of working with someone like Zillman on the left side of the field. There would be more linebreaks.

Prince would benefit from Idris so Idris should play right centre.

Sezer is going to do wonders for the club.

2013 - Sezer's breakout year

I may seem like a harsh critic of Zillys but I assure you i do care.
    Zilly needs to change just 2% to become a superstar, but until he is coached correctly he is going to be extremely average.

This is obviously not all his fault, the decision to play him in the halves yesterday is borderline comical, and most likely pushed his development back months.

Carty is trying to model Zilly with Lockyer, and pushing Lockys long carrera into just months with Will. This is just a recipe for disaster. 5 year contract and co-captain just amazes me. Watch Zilly in this press conference press conference watch his eyes while Carty is talking,
    Watch his body language, the way he is holding his shoulders, he is looking down and too the right.
    Carty is destroying this kid un-intentionally, by trying to create a player Carty wants.

If he should be modelling after anyone, it should be Anthony minochello type player.
    Someone who made fullback his own for a long while, by becoming a fantastic hole runner, and breaker of tackles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

I can't fault what you mentioned there, Coaster. Infact i think you might've pretty well summed it up.