Default LNP Policy: $16 million boost for family sports fees announced

$16 million boost for family sports fees announced in LNP policy

STRUGGLING families will receive help to pay their child's sporting fees under a $16 million LNP policy announced this morning.

Under the Get in the Game policy $8 million will go towards improving community sporting facilities, $2 million towards equipment and the expansion of sporting services and $6 million towards helping families pay their child's sporting fees.

LNP leader Campbell Newman said a voucher system would provide families who cannot afford the fees with up to $150 per child.

Mr Newman said the voucher system would be means tested with 40,000 club membership subsidies to be handed out over the policy's three-year life.

Clubs will have to chip in 20 per cent of the total project cost to be eligible for the one-off $100,000 grants for facility development and upgrades.

Two hours later Premier Anna Bligh unveiled a new Volunteering Queensland smartphone application to streamline the organising of future mud armies.

She then joined former Prime Minister Kevin Rudd at a sausage sizzle in Orleigh Park.

The Premier refused to speculate further following her comments regarding the possibility of a March election but promised the March 31 council elections would not be moved.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226244665960
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I'm a Labor man but this is a good policy. Sport and recreation needs more funding and parents need help to keep their children involved.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Bit bloody late now......All my kids are grown up and gone!

Thinking about coming out of baseball retirement...........Wonder if I am covered

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Bit bloody late now......All my kids are grown up and gone!

Thinking about coming out of baseball retirement...........Wonder if I am covered
    Masters here we come
    #itaintweaktospeak