Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Dad View Post
    [
    Cowboys have the best pack in the comp...I was hoping we would be attacking the Cowboys halves to limit their scoring potential.

I think you will find we have the best pack in the business now.
    It will be a great battle in the middle and if we get on top of this pack, we will be in for a good year.
    Still...we don't have a Mat Scott for this game

but we will gain a James down the track

I see Micheals got the call for the other wing, Thoughts?

Is anyone else getting more nervous closer to game day or is it just me???
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Junior

Moreso Excited. I just want to see some footy! Tonight should be a good taster. Too bad it isn't live into the smart state.

Live in China ... can't wait ... first Titans bbq this Saturday and temperature is 2 degrees ... no fridge required.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    I see Micheals got the call for the other wing, Thoughts?

Is anyone else getting more nervous closer to game day or is it just me???
    personally, i prefer michaels in the centres. but with gordan out, i think he is a good choice on the wing.

so glad zillman got the number 1. in my eyes he is one of the best fullbacks around, and we dont have another fullback that comes close to him. although id love to see gordon have a run back there if god forbid zillman is sidelined.

was shocked to see douglas on the bench, but i do believe in loyalty, and the lads on the field ahead of him, deserve there spot. and he will be a great asset wether he runs on at kick off or 20 mins in.

all in all, im pretty happy with the team, which will only get stronger in weeks to come

Very wet up here in Townsville & the rain doesn't look like easing anytime soon ...
    #itaintweaktospeak

Rain gone yet? Can't wait.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

c'mon boys lets start off with a win

So excited for this, let's see the Titans smash the Cowboys. Great way to start the season. Hope the rain stays away and good luck to our Titans fans in Townsville, who I believe will be in record numbers on the ground.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Robert Lui could be late inclusion for North Queensland Cowboys in clash with Gold Coast Titans

Key recruit Robert Lui could be an 11th-hour inclusion for North Queensland Cowboys' derby clash against Gold Coast Titans on Saturday night after being cleared of a knee injury.

Lui, winger Ashley Graham (groin), lock Dallas Johnson (back) and prop James Tamou (ankle) have all been given the green light to face the Titans at Dairy Farmers Stadium.

An off-season purchase from Wests Tigers, Lui was not originally named in the Cowboys' 17-man squad, but he may yet appear alongside Test star Johnathan Thurston, who has been paired with rookie Ray Thompson.

Star centre Brent Tate is down to start but a knock to the ribs could rule him out.

http://www.foxsports.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Luke Bailey says Titans must muscle up for clash with Cowboys and Matt Scott

WITH a forward pack featuring 52 Origins, 11 Tests and 917 NRL games, Gold Coast prop Luke Bailey has no doubt where the Titans should be looking for leadership against North Queensland tomorrow night.

The Titans have made no secret of their desire to muscle up this season and Bailey knows it will be his fellow starters Nate Myles, Ashley Harrison, Mark Minichiello and Greg Bird who need to set the standard immediately.

Myles, with just 129 NRL games, is the least experienced of the pack but has played more representative football, with three Tests for Australia and 17 Origins.

The former Rooster and Bulldog will pack down with Bailey in the front-row, and with ex-Shark Luke Douglas (146 games) coming off the bench, the Gold Coast has the toughest forward formation since they joined the competition in 2007.

"There is fantastic experience but also a good push for selection," Bailey said.

He said the pack faced a true test first up, with the world's best prop, Matt Scott, set to lead a strong Cowboys outfit who have not lost to the Gold Coast.

"I always get excited playing against the best, and Matt Scott is one of the best," he said.

"It's a good personal battle for me but more importantly it's a challenge for the team."

While the Titans pack has experience, two key players are relative rookies with five-eighth Jordan Rankin (nine games) and hooker Kayne Lawton (three) thrust into vital roles.

"Jordan Rankin has matured over the last couple of years and I'm excited to see how he goes," Bailey said.

"He finally believes that he deserves to be here, and that can make a big difference."

Courier Mail

Dam. It's like waiting for Christmas. Bloody nervous TBH. Jersey on, Foxtel remote and beer in hand. I think I'm ready. Maybe I should warm up?

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    Dam. It's like waiting for Christmas. Bloody nervous TBH. Jersey on, Foxtel remote and beer in hand. I think I'm ready. Maybe I should warm up?
    I hear ya buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Can somebody cut Prince foot off so he bloody stop kicking. Hands on the ball.