Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Have to disagree sorry..

I think its down to cartwrights loyalty.. similar story with zillman to 5/8, in the end he made the right decision with rankin.

If we were going to be bashing up the middle, Brenton Lawrence would have been picked over ridge..

Don't be too suprised we get owned in the middle until douglas comes onto the field.. Myles and Bailey aren't the biggest props.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Mini has played on that edge his entire career, and for the last 5 yrs both Mini and the Titans have benefited from his form there. He hasn't forced anyone anywhere, he has simply (and rightfully) retained his position of 5yrs. As far as I know it is only arm chair coaches on this forum who had relegated him to the bench during the off season.

Nate Myles has probably played as much of his career in the middle as he has on the edges - including some of those Origin games. And again, it was only people on this forum who penciled him into the second row - He has been publicized as a front row recruit since his signing.

For the last few years this forum has been screaming for a top level front rower to partner Bailey - Searle & Carty went out and bought two. For years this forum has been whinging about not having specialized centers - Searle & Carty went out and bought two. And for years the forum has been screaming about a young specialized 5/8 - Searle & Carty went out and bought two, and promoted another from u20's.
    NOW WHAT THE **** ARE YOU ALL WHINGING ABOUT?

Our most promising season to date is yet to kick off, and we already have fans bagging the coach over round 1 selections
    Pull ya heads in and stop complaining - worst case scenario we have an origin prop and two origin back rowers in the starting side, a 'likely' Origin prop on the bench, and a 'possible' third origin back rower in the starting side
    Nice history lesson but there's not one Titans player from 2012 who 'rightfully' has hold over any position. Our best 13 should be starting and named to start.

Mini is not in our best 13.

Douglas is.

Simple.

**** guys, its round 1. Relax.

We will beat the Cows.

Its just frustrating boofhead.. might be jumping the gun.. but hey who cares if we get the side wrong for the first few rounds, whats the worst that could happen...

chasing wins to catch up hmm.. brings back some memories..

I would rather we start with the best we have got.

i am not thrilled, but id rather he made this error than the Zillman 5/8th one...

that line of thought was fundamentally flawed, his skill set and experience werent in line with the job required.

Mini/Douglas, at least they in the same ballpark,we really just talking about who starts and the choice can be attributed to game plan and what carty wants.

i still think sometime soon douglas will start and mini will be benchie, but maybe Carty has his reasons for beginning this way. we can only wait and see.

I think I can read your mind anyway.....
    Maybe you can ... and if you could you would be remembering the left side weaknesses in defence and the dropped balls of last season on one hand and on the other the tireless efforts of the new bloke ... I said I will not dwell on the negativity and I won't because I am like you Ryan hoping that we have got it right.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Not 100% certain but didn't Mini star for us in the trials? Mini is great when he is switched on and I reckon he will be for most of the year with his contract up for grabs and many players gunning for his spot. Interesting that Bodene has been overlooked but congrats to Ridge who has not put a foot wrong. I'm surprised Douglas isn't starting but I guess he will come on after 15-20 minutes and play the rest of the game. Will be interesting to see how Carty works his rotations, with the minutes both Douglas and Bailey play, surely Myles will spend some time at lock and Harrison/Bird is going to get a rest. Sad again that we have had some injuries early but we're in better shape than last season. I really though Lawrence was going to get the nod over White who will play 20 minutes max and is warming James' seat. I wonder how close this will be to the side we have at the end of the season on Grand Final day?

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    **** guys, its round 1. Relax.

We will beat the Cows.
    I regret writing my last few posts - I have to cool my jets...

No posts from me until we have our first win for 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Excellent post.

The assumption about Mini comes about because his selection has forced a SOO backrower up to prop.
    Yep that's why I said Bailey could go Bench cause he isnt a 80min prop anymore.

Ole Tekster went and had a peep at...

http://www.cowboysstampede.com.au/sh...cussions/page4

and some posts really stood out especially this one

"When you look at the match ups. it appears too me a one sided contest. Almost , player for player we have got them beat. Possibly only a few of the Titans might be better then ours but then again it depends on how the game pans out" - who here agrees?

We should all register a Username at every other clubs fan forum so we can do a hostile takeover in the week leading up to Match.

"Linnett to run rungs around Jamal"

The rings he will be seeing are the stars orbiting his head

[
    Cowboys have the best pack in the comp...I was hoping we would be attacking the Cowboys halves to limit their scoring potential.

I think you will find we have the best pack in the business now.

Mini has played on that edge his entire career, and for the last 5 yrs both Mini and the Titans have benefited from his form there. He hasn't forced anyone anywhere, he has simply (and rightfully) retained his position of 5yrs. As far as I know it is only arm chair coaches on this forum who had relegated him to the bench during the off season.

Nate Myles has probably played as much of his career in the middle as he has on the edges - including some of those Origin games. And again, it was only people on this forum who penciled him into the second row - He has been publicized as a front row recruit since his signing.

For the last few years this forum has been screaming for a top level front rower to partner Bailey - Searle & Carty went out and bought two. For years this forum has been whinging about not having specialized centers - Searle & Carty went out and bought two. And for years the forum has been screaming about a young specialized 5/8 - Searle & Carty went out and bought two, and promoted another from u20's.
    NOW WHAT THE **** ARE YOU ALL WHINGING ABOUT?

Our most promising season to date is yet to kick off, and we already have fans bagging the coach over round 1 selections
    Pull ya heads in and stop complaining - worst case scenario we have an origin prop and two origin back rowers in the starting side, a 'likely' Origin prop on the bench, and a 'possible' third origin back rower in the starting side
    Great post RYAN, totally agree with you on this we are in for a good few years.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    "Linnett to run rungs around Jamal"

The rings he will be seeing are the stars orbiting his head
    There is another post which may be a bit more sensible...

"I don't think Tate should play as his rib issue could mean he is a liability and if he isn't right and Idris puts a good shot on him it won't be just ribs that will be of concern"

#itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by MightyTitans View Post
    I seriously could not believe the lineup when I saw it..

Its a disgrace that Douglas is on the bench..

Mini, you're a good guy but your place is on the bench.

I dont understand why Brenton Lawrence wasnt picked and ridge was..

Mini is enough of a backup 2ndrower/impact on the bench..

Seriously after all the stupid decisions coming from cartwright last season/this season I hope that they move him on if the team doesnt perform..
    I don't understand why Brenton Lawrence wasn't named on the side this week either ..... he did so well in the trial games and has worked so damn hard ......... what is that coach thinking