Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 1: North Queensland Cowboys vs Gold Coast Titans

North Queensland Cowboys vs Gold Coast Titans
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Sure is weird not playing at home in Round 1. But it is a Queensland Derby and the Cowboys deserve a go at hosting such an event. It'll be tough.

Not sure if I'll make it up or not. Depends on finance really.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

QLD Cup Titan

So great to come in and see the thread up already. I know we still have a little while to go but it makes it seem so much closer. Am very happy as I am heading away for this one and can't wait!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
    So great to come in and see the thread up already. I know we still have a little while to go but it makes it seem so much closer. Am very happy as I am heading away for this one and can't wait!!!!!
    Northern Legion!

My birthday was yesterday and one of the gifts was 2 aeroplane tickets to townsville

Quote Originally Posted by The Gladiator View Post
    My birthday was yesterday and one of the gifts was 2 aeroplane tickets to townsville
    Brilliant. Happy Birthday mate. Hope you had a great day. Looking forward to catching up in Section 30 soon!

Not sure if I'll make it up. Need to sit down and look at the draw. I'm a chance though.

Don't forget that if you are an Away Legion Member, you can use your Membership for tickets to this match. If you are going, consider becoming an Away Legion Member for just $60.00 and receive a full range of Members merchandise.

Buy online at http://www.titans.com.au/default.aspx?s=membership

Every Titans fan should consider an Away Legion and all Legion Members should consider doubling up. Away Legion is even eligible for games against the Broncos at Lang Park!

North Queensland $1.47
    Gold Coast $2.65

http://www.tab.com.au

I think this price is fair at the moment but may come in during the trials. If you think we can sneak one over the Cowboys might be an idea to get it while it's hot!

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Just searching around the JetStar website and I believe there is no direct flights to Townsville from the Gold Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Just searching around the JetStar website and I believe there is no direct flights to Townsville from the Gold Coast.
    They don't fly direct from the Goldy they all go via Sydney so it's much quicker & cheaper from Brisbane , I booked tickets just before Xmas & got $69 tickets
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    They don't fly direct from the Goldy they all go via Sydney so it's much quicker & cheaper from Brisbane , I booked tickets just before Xmas & got $69 tickets
    Oh well done mate. That is a fantastic price.

QLD Cup Titan

Good price there Titan Pete - we got $99 tickets so happy with that. Can't wait!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
    Good price there Titan Pete - we got $99 tickets so happy with that. Can't wait!!!
    Yea I agree, that is a good price too. Should be a BIG Titans following up there to go along with our strong levels of support up north.

Cowboys signing Robert Lui admits he's running out of chances

ROBERT Lui was the most controversial off-season signing in the NRL when the troubled young halfback linked with the North Queensland Cowboys.

There is no doubting the 21-year-old's terrific on-field talents and the word out of Townsville is he will almost certainly start at halfback in round 1 with Johnathan Thurston at five-eighth against the Gold Coast.

However, Lui comes with a bad-boy image and will face a court hearing in March on criminal charges alleging he assaulted his partner after the Wests Tigers' "Mad Monday" celebrations last September. A guilty verdict could threaten Lui's career and the NRL says it will monitor the situation closely.

While some have been critical of Lui's signing, the Cowboys insist he deserves a chance and has an extensive network of family support in north Queensland, including his parents and seven siblings.

While Lui cannot comment on the pending court case, he bares his soul in his first big interview since joining the Cowboys, speaking openly to The Sunday Mail about his hopes, fears and aspirations.

http://www.couriermail.com.au