Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    QLD Cup Titan

I felt Gower was happy to cop the fine but was desperate to retain the captaincy of Penrith.Losing the captaincy may have swayed him to cut all ties with the Panthers.England most likely for him but Storm do have plenty of room in their salary cap.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    I cannot see Gower being released with Campbell going as well.

Who knows, Carty might get in his ear for a possible move north to combine with Preston in 2007?

DeeGan
    Doubt it, thats if they are serious about signing the person before the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingytek
    Doubt it, thats if they are serious about signing the person before the player.
    My post was 'tounge in cheek' Kingytek and yes we are serious about the 'person before the player' as Ian Buchanan has reinterated to myself (see Danny Ward thread).

Interesting news I have heard today from a Triple MMM Deadset Leagends caller who attended the wedding of Craig Gowers:

1. The caller claims that Gower was not given the chance to defend himself when fronting up to the NRL board. It is alleged that he was told to sit down and keep quiet as was his legal team. The appology from Gower was made on the advice of his legal time and he was told 'to let this just blowover and pay the $30,000'.

2. The reason Penrith players were not invited to the wedding is because they had a limited number who could attend (90 guests) and if he invited one player, he would have to invite all.

3. Gower has not been charged with groping Pearce's daughter.

4. Gower is dirty with the way he has been treated by Penrith in re: to the incident and the rumour floating around is true as Gower is "gutted" by the whole thing.

Hmmm...

DeeGan

Titan CEO

Altho gower is a good halfback, i dont want that scumbag at the storm. We already have one(walker) we dont need another pig who thinks he can blame all his problems on booze.

His asking price would prolly be way to much for the storm to match anyway, off to england with the other rejects gowie.

Default Unhappy Gower wants out

Quote Originally Posted by www.foxsports.com.au
    MELBOURNE Storm last night became the first club to express a genuine interest in signing disgruntled Panther Craig Gower.

Gower's future at Penrith is clouded amid talk he wants a release from his $2 million contract.

Penrith officials will desperately attempt to talk their champion halfback out of quitting the club in protest at being sacked as captain.

Gower remains furious at losing the captaincy and being fined $100,000 after a drunken weekend at a Jack Newton charity golf day on the Sunshine Coast late last year.

The Daily Telegraph has learned Gower's manager Greg Willett met Penrith officials yesterday morning.

Gower, 27, has another four years remaining on his current deal.

Melbourne is unable to make Gower an offer due to anti-tampering restrictions but Storm general manager of football operations, Peter O'Sullivan, said: "If he was released or given permission to negotiate, we'd be crazy not to talk to a player of his calibre."

Gower is currently honeymooning in Vietnam with new wife Amanda but will return for crisis talks next week with Penrith officials.

There are also suggestions three British clubs - including Castleford - may target Gower.

Penrith coach John Lang confirmed the meeting and admitted Willett raised personal issues involving Gower.
    http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23214,00.html

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander
    *sigh*

I wish we had the same mind set as the titans, sign the person before the player.

Titan First Grade Regular Titans#1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    *sigh*

I wish we had the same mind set as the titans, sign the person before the player.
    Before you get too upset, maybe you should read post #19 in this thread by DeeGan.

Frankly IMO.. and I am not trying to be mean or anything.. the Storm can have Craig Gower.. I wouldn't want him at the GC in 2007 anyway..

My reason for saying this is that whilst according to Lang he has been training the house down, he is still bitterly upset at losing the captaincy and doesn't think the penalty should be that harsh...

Now I can understand him being bitterly upset, but if he is leaving the club just because he can't be captain as I am getting the view he is, they as much as I like him as a player, he is just being a spolit brat. I mean he did something that was pretty bad and was punished for it, and he understands that, yet, he still is complaining that he was treated badly.. if you didn't want all this to occur, you shouldn't have done it in the first place...

If he leaves and goes to Melbourne.. I will lose a lot of respect for Craig Gower and IMO he is just a cop out, and spoilt, and I wouldn't want a player like that at the Titans in 2007, I mean what happens when we don't give him the captaincy here or another club doesn't give him what he wants, will he just up and leave and go to the next available club..

EDIT: OK I have read what Deegan wrote in post 19.. and although I agree that was wrong if it is true.. I was listening to Whistle and Hooters this morning and watching WCC.. LOL.. .... I would still reckon he should take what he gets, regardless of whether he was charged or not.. he still admitted that the incident occured and there are many to prove it.. therefore having the done the crime.. even if not charged.. he must take what he gets.. :cop:

That's just my opinion though, happy to hear what you have to say..
    Last edited by Titanium_BD1103; 04-02-06 at 11:50 AM.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Titans#1
    Before you get too upset, maybe you should read post #19 in this thread by DeeGan.
    I read it. Did i miss something?

Titan First Grade Regular Titans#1's Avatar

I read it. Did i miss something?

Just that in my head it's still not proven that he's done anything wrong apart from have a few drinks.

I personally think that he's not a bad guy.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Titans#1
    Just that in my head it's still not proven that he's done anything wrong apart from have a few drinks.

I personally think that he's not a bad guy.
    Im not judging him soley on what allegedly happen with the groping incident. I have witnessed him doing some things with my very own eyes, at the panthers leagues club, which has lead me to feel the way i do about him. Also lets not forget his incident in 1999 exposing himself to a lady while on tour. He might not have been charged with groping....but from what i understand he was charged with more then just "having a few drinks"...its one thing to have a few drinks and another thing to throw knives and harrass other people, which there were many witnesses who saw him doing that.

Not calling the guy that rang up a liar, but should we believe everyone that rings up a radio station and makes such comments?

Not calling the guy that rang up a liar, but should we believe everyone that rings up a radio station and makes such comments?
    Good point though the NRL tended to believe those attending the function before hearing Craig Gower's version of events if I remember correctly as did the media. There is more to this story I feel - not calling anyone a liar, though this 'hearsay' 'shesay' tells me more is to come.

To be honest, I wish this whole story would disappear - yet another season with our game being dragged through the mud. Let's not hide from the problems out there amongst the players culture, though it get's tiring to read these sort of stories each pre-season.

DeeGan

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Good point though the NRL tended to believe those attending the function before hearing Craig Gower's version of events if I remember correctly as did the media. There is more to this story I feel - not calling anyone a liar, though this 'hearsay' 'shesay' tells me more is to come.

To be honest, I wish this whole story would disappear - yet another season with our game being dragged through the mud. Let's not hide from the problems out there amongst the players culture, though it get's tiring to read these sort of stories each pre-season.

DeeGan
    I dont know that they(the NRL) believed the people attending the function, it was more they took the complaints/accusations very seriously and wanted something done about it. The media...in a way did jump onto the gower is guilty bandwagon, but i also feel alot of media outlets were just reporting what witnesses had said. Also what i find appalling is alot of people have been quick to call pearce's daughter a liar, straight off the bat panther fans and other people in the league community were saying she was doing it to get publicity and to get some money out of it, when in fact she never once went to the media...she wanted, alledgedly to just let it blow over and she didnt want to bear the embarassment of the incident.

I would also like thise headlines and incidents to disappear...but ild much see these sorts of players dissapear from our competition.

I dont know that they(the NRL) believed the people attending the function, it was more they took the complaints/accusations very seriously and wanted something done about it. The media...in a way did jump onto the gower is guilty bandwagon, but i also feel alot of media outlets were just reporting what witnesses had said. Also what i find appalling is alot of people have been quick to call pearce's daughter a liar, straight off the bat panther fans and other people in the league community were saying she was doing it to get publicity and to get some money out of it, when in fact she never once went to the media...she wanted, alledgedly to just let it blow over and she didnt want to bear the embarassment of the incident.

I would also like thise headlines and incidents to disappear...but ild much see these sorts of players dissapear from our competition.
    If we go off this most recent report than the 'kangaroo court' was in session before Gower headed back to defend himself when discussing the NRL though I am sure this allegation will be denied. Again, it will be a she say hear say story - choose who you want to believe.

I for one wouldn't call her (Pearce's daughter) a liar though would like to know where the charges are for the alleged groping? Even if not from the Pearce family, what about Penrith?

Some loose ends that won't go away in a hurry.

DeeGan