Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GC_Titans_Fan View Post
    So the Stupid Bloody Wanker is back. Good thing it'll only be for one season.
    Agreed, but will he even see out a full season?

Good on him, i am one of the few who has nothing against him. Hope he does well.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Yes, people should be allowed to skip the country to get out of whatever legal binding agreements they have without warning or so much as a "see you later" and later compensate whatever organisation they do it with money that doesn't come close as to the loss of those actions. That is the type of perspon I think all young people in this country should aspire to be. Who cares about responsibilities. That doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by GC_Titans_Fan View Post
    Yes, people should be allowed to skip the country to get out of whatever legal binding agreements they have without warning or so much as a "see you later" and later compensate whatever organisation they do it with money that doesn't come close as to the loss of those actions. That is the type of perspon I think all young people in this country should aspire to be. Who cares about responsibilities. That doesn't matter.
    Not a big deal , but we let known Women bashers keep playing...... which would you prefer?

Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Carefull boys

This thread is now being watched closely.
    No slander please
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

So..... the Roosters will be taking up a big chunk of their salary cap with a human tampon. He'll be in for one week and out for three...
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    Not a big deal , but we let known Women bashers keep playing...... which would you prefer?
    Nice deflection.

LOL
    Anyway i cant see him doing well with a 1 year contract. I wonder how much they paid him for that year? Any speculation on what it cost the roosters?

Quietly hoping to play the Roosters for SBW first match for the Roosters!

Roosters are playing Rabbitohs in round 1. SBW will play then.

Good it will be to see inglis run at him

Couldn't really give a toss except that unfortunately SBW would bust Inglis in two ... one thing for sure the idiot certainly can play.
    Last edited by Titanic; 14-11-12 at 12:08 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I havent seen the presser but read quotes. Doesnt look like he has matured.

Seems like playing RL is a hastle because he is an honourable man over this handshake agreement. Seems like rewriting history to me.

He wont play World Cup for the Kiwis, will only have one season in the NRL and we will suffer speculation around June about where he will be in 2014, maybe earlier.

But hey... Im happy for the Roosters to do this, cant see how it'll work out.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Williams gives NRL a $1m boost without raising a sweat

SONNY BILL WILLIAMS'S $550,000 contract with Sydney Roosters has already earned the NRL double that amount, with the New Zealand television rights now worth an extra $1 million.

While some within the game are unhappy about Williams's return after walking out on a five-year contract with Canterbury in 2008, the efforts of Roosters chairman Nick Politis to bring him back are set to benefit not only the Bondi club but the entire competition.

Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg may have negotiated a clause prohibiting Williams from playing for a rival club before 2013, as well as a $750,000 release fee, but he wrote to the NRL in February when the 27-year-old superstar's return was just a rumour seeking to host the Roosters in round one.

Sonny Bill Williams in a cafe for breakfast prior to his press conference today, where he will be signing a one year deal with the Sydney Roosters to play NRL in the 2013 rugby league season. Photo: Brendan Esposito

The Bulldogs even offered to split the gate at ANZ Stadium with the Roosters, but Politis refused to move the match and is hoping for a full house at Allianz Stadium when this year's 13th-placed team kicks off the NRL season against South Sydney on March 7.

However, rival clubs will get their chance to cash in when they play home games against the Roosters - starting with the Warriors in round two. The Auckland-based club has already made arrangements to move the clash from Mt Smart Stadium to the 50,000 capacity Eden Park.

After being a member of the All Blacks' 2011 World Cup-winning team and developing this year into arguably the biggest star in world rugby, Williams is as big if not bigger in New Zealand than he is in Australia and his presence will boost NRL ratings across the Tasman.

With the NRL still negotiating a New Zealand broadcast deal, Fairfax has been told that representatives of Sky TV have been asking for confirmation of Williams signing with the Roosters as his return increases the value of the rights by $1m.

However, Williams will only receive about half that amount from his contract with the Roosters, which runs from the time he begins his commitments with the club in February until October 31.

Before then, the New Zealand heavyweight boxing champion plans to fight South Africa's Francois Botha in Brisbane after being forced to postpone their November 24 bout due to surgery for a torn pectoral muscle. He has also not given up hope of finishing his commitments with Japanese rugby powerhouse Panasonic Wild Knights and out of respect to the franchise he did not wear any Roosters gear at Tuesday's press conference.

With his Wild Knights contract worth $1.2m for a 12-match stint, Williams bristles at suggestions he is returning to the NRL because of the new $1 billion television deal as French club Toulon offered him four times what the Roosters are paying the dual international.

In contrast, it is the NRL which will cash in on his return and possibly the international game, with Williams asked at Tuesday's press conference about his availability for the Kiwis in the end-of-season World Cup.

His profile in Britain, Ireland, France, South Africa and Japan, as well as Australia and New Zealand, would be a massive boost for the tournament but Williams's first priority is performing for the Roosters.

''This is going to be one of the biggest challenges of my career,'' Williams said of his comeback to a code he hasn't played for more than four years. ''A lot of people will be writing me off. Every time I step on that field there will probably be a target on me.''

Inevitably, Williams was asked about the way he departed the Bulldogs and whether he would offer another apology - having done so in an interview with Fairfax when he returned to Sydney in 2009 after his first season with Toulon. But after deciding before the press conference that he was only going to focus on his future with the Roosters, Williams palmed off the questions the way he has so many opponents.

''Today is about me signing with the Roosters and that's what I'm going to stick to,'' Williams said.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    So..... the Roosters will be taking up a big chunk of their salary cap with a human tampon. He'll be in for one week and out for three...

You're all class Ryan..