I decided last minute to go to the GCU/Brisbane Roar game last night. What a diabolical stuff up! I got on line in the arvo and saw that there was no option for Ezy tickets so I decided to purchase at the gate. REALLY REALLY big mistake! Queues were massive! I lined up at 6:15 (kick off 6:30) got to the window at 7:10 and was told there were no more 'Special offer' tickets of $22. Being a few minutes short of half time I wasn't going to pay top dollar so I asked for other options...(i.e. I am pretty sure Home and Away Bay is also $22?) I was told the next price range was $29!.......Me and my mate were not paying $29 each to see half a game of football...I argued my point that you were about to lose a few hundred people from going to the game if you didn't offer anymore $22 tickets and was told it was not up to them...........Probably wasn't, but this will need to be addressed for future games. I think Clive would rather have 7 or 800 extra bums on seats at $22 rather than no bums at all. So someone behind the Ticketek window should be able to have the authority to make a decision that 1/ if approaching half time and people are still queued to be able to offer discount pricing. 2/ If 'special offer' seating is exhausted and you still have a thousand people asking for them well GIVE IT TO THEM!. I can guarantee that my comment above on 7 or 800 that walked away is a conserative number.

This is not GCU's fault. But it certainly doesn't help their cause and this is another reason why crowd numbers are down. I can guarantee you that a thousand people walked away. There were still around 300 lined up at half time. Nobody wants to pay maximum money for half a game of football. I just got off the GCU Forum and evidently it was worse inside the stadium. Queues were 60 deep trying to get beer and food as most 'stalls' were closed. Evidently they only expected a crowd of 2000. Idiots! Brisbane Roar supporters travel, so minimum crowd just for them would be 4K.

Anyways.........They have lost me again. I won't be going back anytime soon. I was an inaugural season member in year 1. Went to a few games in season 2 and have slowly gone to less and less games. I think that may have been my last........Until they make the finals then I become a 'bandwagoner' and their number 1 supporter..