Default Nate Myles - 2012 Discussion Thread

Nate Myles - 2012 Discussion Thread

General discussion on match performances, position, injuries, contracts, and anything else.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Gold Coast Titans recruit Nate Myles hoping to reverse club's fortunes in 2012 from front row

Nate Myles knows the plan because he has been in this position before.

He is starting fresh at a new club. Gold Coast Titans are coming off a wooden spoon. And he isn't happy with the way his own season ended the previous year.

But what Myles also knows, better than most in the NRL, is what it takes to turn everything around completely and quickly.

He was at the Sydney Roosters when they went from 2009 wooden spooners to 2010 grand finalists. And in that same year he went from Queensland Origin outcast to Australian Test debutant.

His 2011 NRL season ended without a Test jumper and a sudden departure from the Roosters, but he knows 2012 is another opportunity to fulfil his potential.

But to reach the pinnacle again, he first must gain the respect of new teammates.

"I'm feeling the competition at the Gold Coast here at the moment," Myles said.

"I think Origin is what everyone wants to play but I've got things to prove here first. The thing I want to prove the most out of everything is I want to get the respect of my teammates and that starts with the training in pre-season."

Myles said his 2010 season at the Roosters, when the club fell just short against St George Illawarra Dragons in the grand final, taught him how little separates success and failure in the NRL.

"The year before we were in a grand final we had the wooden spoon, so I don't think there is too much difference between getting it right and getting it wrong in the NRL," he said. "We just have to work hard and control what we can."

As a high-profile recruit on a four-year deal, Myles knows the pressure and expectation that follows him from his time at one of the most scrutinised clubs.

Myles didn't train at this time last year as he was a member of Australia's Four Nations squad, so getting flogged for six weeks before Christmas is only going to benefit his fitness ahead of the season.

With Greg Bird, Ashley Harrison and Mark Minichiello likely back-row starters next year, Myles is expected to make the transition to the front row - not that it will change his philosophy on football.

"I sort of went back and forth a bit last year. Wearing the number 13 last year threw a few people off. They thought I was actually playing in the back row," he said.

"To me the difference between lock and front row is probably where you stand at kick-off."

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    "To me the difference between lock and front row is probably where you stand at kick-off."
    Definitely prop material
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Signing of the year.

I'll put my hand up. Never doubted his ability, but he has taken it to new levels. But he has a great attitude, just what you want from a forwards warhorse.

It is a huge come back for Myles, from Roosters scrapeheap to top of the tree an Origin series.