Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
At the Fan Xmas Day he looked much slimmer, happier and fit for this stage of the off-season...a BIG improvement on this time last year.
Fingers and toes crossed he has uninterrupted pre-season with injury because he should be looking very sharp by Round 1.
Yeah, I had the pleasure of spending 2 minutes chatting with him while waiting for the chair-o-plane ride (my kids went on it, and then he went on it!) and he was a genuinely nice guy to talk too. I've given him a fair bit of criticism over the last season, and tbh, I think most of it is deserved for his actual performances, but it's when you actually meet these guys and you find out what they are really like and you can feel a bit embarressed.

Having said that, they get paid for their on-field performance, and that's what we look forward to seeing, so hopefully his recent surgery will be the asnwer to him finding some good form and fitess and being the explosive weapon we all know he is capable of being.

Good luck Jamal for 2013. I might even make you a banner to show there are no hard feelings.