Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Junior Titan

God it's good to see Webby getting a go in the 'Roos squad, lets hope he goes all the way.

Tim Smith is clearly selected with a view to the future, a little early imo, however it's not like he'll be running out in a Green and Gold jersey any time soon so it can't hurt.

Kimmorley imo wouldn't make a full strength squad, then again who will play 36d fiddle to Johns and Prince now given Gowers antics?

Orford? Well he's a bit of a nuffy imo so I wasn't greatly shocked by his omission. I don't think he'd even make a Kiwi's squad presently.
    I've got the schizzle if you've got the skizzle.

Default Stuart invites Immortals into camp

Quote Originally Posted by www.foxsports.com.au
    AUSTRALIA coach Ricky Stuart has invited four rugby league Immortals to a dinner tomorrow night to give his 44-man squad a history lesson.

John Raper, Reg Gasnier, Graeme Langlands and Arthur Beetson will attend the dinner at the squad's camp in Bondi.

Sydney Roosters coach Stuart told AAP today it was important that current players appreciated the deeds of their predecessors.

"I think it's important for players to know a little bit about the history of the game and to understand what these players have done before us," said Stuart.

"You've got players there who have been the best in their positions in the game and they're an elite bunch of people.

"These blokes have achieved the greatest honour in the game in becoming Immortals.

"We're very fortunate to be able to have them come along and share a barbecue with us."

Youngsters such as Greg Inglis, John Sutton and Tim Smith will be rubbing shoulders with the game's elite of yesteryear.

It's all part of Stuart's vow to instil pride and passion back into the Kangaroos jersey after succeeding Brisbane mentor Wayne Bennett as national coach.

"I want players who crave having the crest sitting over their heart," he said last month.

Stuart has just over three months to foster that spirit, with the one-off Anzac Test against Tri Nations champion New Zealand scheduled for May 5 in Brisbane.
    http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23214,00.html

John Raper, Reg Gasnier, Graeme Langlands and Arthur Beetson will attend the dinner at the squad's camp in Bondi.

Sydney Roosters coach Stuart told AAP today it was important that current players appreciated the deeds of their predecessors.
    Fantastic idea - what a way to reinstill a little of the pride back in the jumper.

Then the part about wanting to wear the crest is exactly what I want to hear. I would rather not have the ebst players if they dont want to be there. I would rather a team who are fanatically passionate about playing in the grren and gold. Look at NZ in the Tri-Nations. They had serious passion and our superioir skill couldnt match it.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Default Stuart hits back at Sheens claims

Quote Originally Posted by foxsports.com.au
    AUSTRALIA coach Ricky Stuart hit back at claims from Tim Sheens today that only one Wests Tigers player had been considered for the Kangaroos squad.

Premiership-winning coach Sheens slammed the Australian Rugby League for failing to let him know where his players stood on the representative scene.

Sheens told radio station Triple M he had heard a rumour that only one Tigers player was considered for the 44-man national squad which went into camp in Bondi this weekend.

"No one from the ARL has bothered to ring me and say we didn't name you but this bloke, this bloke and this bloke were considered," Sheens said.

"It would've been nice to have publicly known from my players' point of view just where they stood.

"It's interesting that Brisbane players weren't considered but were named. My quip was that there was only one (Tiger considered)."

While the ARL signalled out several players, including Andrew Johns and Darren Lockyer, who were excused from the camp because of prior commitments, it did not individually name Wests Tigers players who were pardoned.

Stuart said he thought he was doing the right thing by the Tigers, who played a trial match in the NSW town of Gunnedah on Friday night.

The Tigers fly out to England tonight to prepare for their World Club Challenge match against Bradford on Saturday morning (AEDT).

Stuart said ARL boss Geoff Carr had explained the situation to both Wests recruitment manager Warren McDonnell and chief executive Steve Noyce.

"There were Tigers players considered," Stuart retorted. "I don't know how many times Tim Sheens has to be told.

"He's obviously not being told by his staff but there were Tigers players considered and selected.

"I thought I was doing the right thing by not inviting them into camp because they had a trial match in Gunnedah on Friday night.

"I also wanted to give them the best opportunity to prepare for the World Club Challenge.

"I've been there and done it and you don't need any offside distractions in regards to their preparation for the challenge in England."

Meanwhile, Stuart said he was pleased that rugby league Immortals Reg Gasnier, Johnny Raper and Graeme Langlands had chattered informally to the Kangaroos at a barbecue last night

"They spoke about the enjoyment they had on tours, the enjoyment they had playing for their country," said the Sydney Roosters mentor.

"They spoke briefly about the tradition of the Australian jersey. Chook (Raper) was very good.

"He's a very passionate and emotional person, Johnny Raper, and it was nice to hear from him."

Stuart has previously stated he wants to instil pride and passion back into the Australian jersey.

"There's pride in any national jersey," he said today.

"It's just a matter of how much you've got and how much you respect your position.

"With the Immortals, I just think it's important that players know a little bit about the history of the game.

"They were extremely great players of their time so it was nice to have them in our company."
    http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23214,00.html

How easy is it for people to get crossed wires and fire uo over nothing. People should seek clarification before venting their anger.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....