Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Manly implodes. Hasler stood down, moves to Bulldogs

Des Hasler has been stood down by Manly & looks certain to be heading to the Dogs 12 months earlier than expected
    #itaintweaktospeak

Manly have no ****in clue what they are doing LOL

Finally something interesting happening in the RL world again!

There seems to be a whisper emerging that because he is being sacked for breach of contract, Manly players cannot exercise their "get-out" clauses in their contracts to leave if Des leaves. This sounds like the best reason I have heard yet as to why they are sacking him. The word is he was trying to take players with him, and this ruling (apparently) will stop players using this clause in their contracts.

Anyone else heard about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    Manly have no ****in clue what they are doing LOL
    Indeed

It's an amazing game, our NRL. Where a Premiership winning coach can get the flick, and the Wooden Spoon coach retains their job.

In saying that, don't misconstrued my remarks as me calling for the sacking of Carty, as it's not the case at all. I'm just pointing out the how distant the two different scenario's are apart.

Default Manly implodes

Manly are imploding and only weeks after winning a title. And I feel sorry for them in some respects, but they must be the messiest club in the league these days.

Des is going to the Dogs but Manly have stood him down and looks set to get the flick.

Dogs have also poached their assistant coach, social media manager, recruiter and also their development officier.

It's savage. But will make those Bulldogs v Manly games blood thirsty.

I feel sorry for Manly fans, very harsh. Especially after the elation of winning a title.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Historically isn't this type of behaviour what Manly were famous for doing to other clubs...just highlights to me that despite the good and the bad times you need stability and sensibility at the top of a rugby league organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Historically isn't this type of behaviour what Manly were famous for doing to other clubs....
    No........Not at all. I am not going to get into a discussion as it will get ugly and I am a pacifist (and Manly supporter).

On a side note you Footy historians will love this piece from Roy Masters.

http://www.la84foundation.org/Sports...ckLecture7.pdf

Roy still goes on about Manly in the SMH on a Parra/Manly game in 1989...WTF!

Geez, a half a dozen clubs have done what Manly did but people seem to only remember Manly....Onya Roy!

Hasler has been terminated.

I can't believe this turn of events. It is stunning. And while I don't mind drama in Rugby League, it adds to the theatre. I am very concerned for Manly, a club that struggles for support and finances.

I also believe that the Bulldogs would be very eager to establish Des as first grade coach as soon as possible.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Statement by Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Chairman, Scott Penn.

?The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Board served a breach notice on Des Hasler during a Board meeting on Wednesday night, regarding his involvement in enticing football staff to join the Bulldogs.

?We gave Des the opportunity to come back to the Board to explain his involvement and he has denied all allegations.

?The Board met this morning to discuss Des?s response and have concluded that there is strong evidence to the contrary and that his actions were in clear breach of his contract.

?We therefore had no alternative but to terminate his contract.

?The Board is disappointed that we were obliged to take this action.

?We would like to acknowledge the success Des has helped the Sea Eagles achieve during his tenure with the club.

?But the time has come for a fresh start.

?Geoff Toovey has been appointed Head Coach, effective immediately and he has full support from our players, staff, the club, the Board and our supporters.

?We now begin a new era in Sea Eagles history with Geoff Toovey leading the way as we attempt to go back-to-back in 2012.?

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/

You know I love investigating.

I notice that Des Hasley isnt featured or mentioned in the 2012 Membership brochure, unless they have changed it in the last few days.

Instead they have Paul Vautin. I cant remember a Members brochure that didn't feature a coach. Especially a successful one.

Toovey has alot of work to do picking up the pieces. Won't shock me if a few players follow Des in 2013.

Still ... Fatty does cut a dashing figure ... unchanged since his Wests Panthers days ... love handles and all.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Still ... Fatty does cut a dashing figure ... unchanged since his Wests Panthers days ... love handles and all.
    Yes......He even started out as their goalkicker.......albeit not for very long.

At least we finally get Toovey off the field!

Hasler dons blue and white

Des Hasler has donned the blue and white of Canterbury and declared his only goal is making the NRL club competitive in 2012.

Hasler started work at the Bulldogs this morning after his contract was brought forward a year following his sacking from premiers Manly on Friday.

Asked if he had set any goals, Hasler said: "It's to be competitive, that's all it is. You can't paint expectations. It's just to be competitive."

Hasler will be at the Bulldogs for the next four seasons, his deal finishing at the end of 2015.

The two-time premiership-winning mentor met Canterbury players and staff before fronting a media conference where his trademark style was unchanged.

He told one reporter he was asking too many questions and castigated another for arriving late.

"It was probably like starting a first day at school at a new place," he said.

"One of the scariest things for humans is change but I got over here this morning and I've also got to give (interim coach) Jimmy Dymock a wrap because he was most welcoming and, with that change, it wasn't as bad.

"Just being with Jim this morning for half an hour it's been great and that change isn't half as scary."

Relegated to an assistant role following Hasler's early arrival, Dymock admitted he was "definitely disappointed" not to make his debut as a head coach next season but accepted the change was in the club's best interest.

Hasler said the month and a half since Manly claimed the NRL competition title had been difficult.

"Let"s be honest, it's been difficult for all parties, it's been a bit unfortunate," he said.

"It was unexpected, the circumstances, but that's part and parcel of rugby league.

"Now it's best left as it is and everyone just gets on with it and everybody moves forward."

Hasler said he was happy with the club's playing roster and there were no plans to lure Manly stars to Belmore.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/