Default Falloon makes clear his first-grade goals

Falloon makes clear his first-grade goals

Jayden Trappet, 10, gets some help from Titan Beau Falloon at Mudgeeraba Creek State School yesterday. Pic: Inga Williams

TITANS recruit Beau Falloon is determined to make his mark on the Gold Coast, saying he did not move from Sydney just to play reserve grade.

A workaholic dummy-half, Falloon received limited opportunities behind Kiwi international Issac Luke at Souths last season, failing to add to his 25 NRL games.

Frustrated at a lack of opportunity, Falloon jumped at the opportunity to link with the Titans, where he joins Matt Srama and Kayne Lawton in the contest for the No.9 jersey.

While Srama had a breakout season in 2011 and is the heir apparent to the departed Nathan Friend, Falloon still sees plenty of opportunity on the Coast.

"I watched Matty (Srama) play last year, he went unbelievably well," said Falloon, who headed back to the classroom with Cody Nelson, Beau Henry and Ben Ridge to help Year 3 and 4 students at Mudgeeraba Creek State School yesterday.

"My goal is just to get in the 17, just to play first grade each week. What I came up here for was the opportunity and hopefully I can get that."

Falloon admitted the lack of opportunity at Souths had been frustrating, although he had learnt plenty from Luke.

"Playing behind Issac was bad in a way but also good because I got to learn a lot from him," he said. "Issac played 80 minutes, he's an international, so I can't really complain."

But he did not move interstate to sit on the sidelines.

"I didn't come up here to play reserve grade, that's for sure," Falloon said. "I came up here to play NRL."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Jetstar Titans busy on the field and in community

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have hit the ground running both on and off the field to start the 2012 pre-season, with a group of new and existing players paying a special visit to students at the Titans Learning Centre (TLC) today.

New recruit Beau Falloon (Souths), returning former junior Titan Cody Nelson (Tweed Heads Seagulls) and familiar faces Beau Henry and Ben Ridge took time out in between training sessions to help year 3 and 4 students with their studies at the Mudgeeraba Creek State School classroom.

Now in its fourth year of operation, the TLC is a Titans-themed classroom which aims to assist students from different schools who have been identified by their classroom teacher as being at risk of disengaging from learning.

Jetstar Titans players visit the TLC weekly throughout each of the four school terms, sharing the visits with different players throughout the year.

Having joined the club from the South Sydney Rabbitohs, new recruit Falloon said he was only too happy to be getting involved with the community work that the Jetstar Titans have become renowned for since the birth of the club in 2007.

?It?s good coming out here. The Titans are really big on that (community work), so it?s good coming out and giving the kids a bit of a boost for the day,?? said Falloon.

Although five-eighth Henry joined the club last year in a mid-season transfer from Newcastle, today?s visit also marked his first time with the students at the TLC.

?It?s very good to meet the kids. It?s the first time I?ve been out here helping the kids get through some of the stuff they are doing,?? said Henry.

?Hopefully they learn a little bit from us being here and each time they come to the classroom.??

After being hindered by an ankle injury at the end of the last season, Henry said he had been given the all-clear to commence regular running duties on the field after recovering from off-season surgery.

?It?s good. I spoke to the doctor last week and he reckons I?m all good to start running,?? said Henry.

?I?ve had two running sessions and it?s feeling good so I?m pretty happy with where I?m at, at the moment.

Falloon, who is a crafty ball playing hooker who will compete with the likes of Matt Srama and Kayne Lawton for the Jetstar Titans No.9 in 2012, said he was also entering the pre-season in a positive frame of mind.

?I?ve come up here with a fresh attitude,?? he said.

?I just want to find a spot in that 17. I?ve come from Sydney for an opportunity after playing behind Isaac (Luke) so getting a spot in the NRL squad every week is my goal.??

http://www.titans.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I think Beau may just be the spark thats needed off the bench & i'd like to see him get a crack as a utility bench player ahead of others who have been tried there
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I think Beau may just be the spark thats needed off the bench & i'd like to see him get a crack as a utility bench player ahead of others who have been tried there
    If you play Henry from the bench who is he going to replace when he comes on? You have only 1 option and that is in the halves. Is Prince going to come off? NO. So you will replace him whith whoever is playing 6 which is usually an 80 minute position.
    If Henry can start making tackles and effectivly he may end up a very good lock, in the mould of an Anasta type. He has some size about him.

Bench Utility for me is a two horse race between Lawton & Falloon.
    Both can play halves if needed, effective from half and can slot in at 12 or 13.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers6 View Post
    If you play Henry from the bench who is he going to replace when he comes on? You have only 1 option and that is in the halves. Is Prince going to come off? NO. So you will replace him whith whoever is playing 6 which is usually an 80 minute position.
    If Henry can start making tackles and effectivly he may end up a very good lock, in the mould of an Anasta type. He has some size about him.

Bench Utility for me is a two horse race between Lawton & Falloon.
    Both can play halves if needed, effective from half and can slot in at 12 or 13.
    I assumed it was Henry but you may be talking Falloon, my bad.
    If your talking about Falloon which i guesss we are on the same page

I assumed it was Henry but you may be talking Falloon, my bad.
    If your talking about Falloon which i guesss we are on the same page
    The thread was talking about Falloon , at the moment the other Beau will be playing for Burleigh as there's no chance he'll ever play lock with the Titans
    #itaintweaktospeak

Good to see he has ambition, hope he steps up as i hope all step up and we win 20 games this year

Junior Titan

The thread was talking about Falloon , at the moment the other Beau will be playing for Burleigh as there's no chance he'll ever play lock with the Titans
    Really no chance he will ever play lock.
    why not you think? size would not be a problem.....defence could be.

im not saying this year or next........im talking when he is 25, 26, 27.

And you say Beau Henry will be playing for Burleigh...I think he will get a crack over Sezer for Rnd 1.

i dont know alot about falloon, but he might be unhappy this year if he came to play first grade.

as far as i can tell he is a squad player who will be needed if we cop injuries.

That being said, the titans arent strangers to debilitating injury tolls, so maybe we will need him

Really no chance he will ever play lock.
    why not you think? size would not be a problem.....defence could be.

im not saying this year or next........im talking when he is 25, 26, 27.

And you say Beau Henry will be playing for Burleigh...I think he will get a crack over Sezer for Rnd 1.
    Like most halves Defence is optional

I think we'll need to some trial form before we find out who will wear the 6 but i think Zillman is in front of the rest at the moment ..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Like most halves Defence is optional

I think we'll need to some trial form before we find out who will wear the 6 but i think Zillman is in front of the rest at the moment ..
    No way is Zillman the front man for the no. 6 jersey. Its either Beau Henry, Aiden Sezer or Rankin. Titans would want Zillman to play his natural position which is fullback because Zillman is a try scoring machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Princey's Titanz View Post
    No way is Zillman the front man for the no. 6 jersey. Its either Beau Henry, Aiden Sezer or Rankin. Titans would want Zillman to play his natural position which is fullback because Zillman is a try scoring machine.
    I did say we need to see trial form 1st,,,, many people said Lockyer would never make it at 6 ,,, not comparing anybody with DL so don't go there
    #itaintweaktospeak

I think Falloon will be the man for us Im betting we will be hearing a lot more of him, I doubt the coaching team got him up here to play in the Queensland cup
    Huge wraps on Falloon from everwhere Carty didnt say he will surprise a lot of people for nothing

Yeah i have a feeling that he will for shore be in the 17 next season.