Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Lightbulb 24hr Fundrasier For Bronson

Hi all Titans and NRL fans..

In conjunction with Hav?a?Feed Community Relief P/L we are continuing our Fundraising efforts in support of the family of Bronson Simpson who was orphaned at the age of 2.

You may have heard about the tragedy that occurred to Bronson?s family in May of this year, when his mother and sister were taken away from him suddenly in a triple murder suicide in Robina. He is now being raised by his loving grandparents.

In order to raise funds for his future, we have 2 strapping young gentleman who are willing to give up 24 hours of their lives to bowl their heart out for Bronson. LEGION Brothers Doug Kirby and Dave Kirby are generously donating their time to show their support for Bronson.Doug?s daughter was friends with Bronson?s sister Kyla, so he has been indirectly affected by such a tragic loss.

With the help of Duncan Plastow, Bank Manager / Owner of the Bank of Queensland Ashmore, and Narelle Myers , Bronson?s kindergarten teacher, a fundraiser is planned for Saturday 19th November at the AMF Bowling Centre at Robina Town Centre, starting at 6am and finishing on Sunday 20th at 6am. We would like to thank AMF Bowling Centre Robina who has agreed to jump on board to support the fundraiser.

You can either sponsor them per hour or make a donation for their participation in this event. Or, if you want to take a chance on how good they will bowl, you could pledge a price per strike that will be tallied at the end of the event. so please dig deep and help us help a little man who has had his life turned upside down

The media will be present through Gold Coast local news, the radio station - Sea FM & the Gold Coast Bulletin newspaper. The event is to be held for a 24 hour bowling session. Sporting identities are lined up to appear throughout the event, we?re having a children's magician, local photographer, and raffles of donated goods & services. Jet Star Gold Coast Titans will be there on the day as well as players from Blaze,GCU & the Suns, and you could have the chance to bowl with them.

Your support is all we need for this event to be a success and to give Bronson a great start to his life, adjusting without his immediate family.
    If you would like a pledge form please let me know and I can get one to you and you can send it back to our office via fax 55938950, email it to littlebronson@hotmail.com or call us on 55251968 (after hours).

You can also find us at www.facebook.com/littlebronson where all details can be found as well as the pledge form.

We thank you for your support in advance and know that you will be making a great impact on a little life.

Regards
    Doug Kirby

Well done Dave and Doug on helping put together an impressive fundraiser for a very important cause.

I enourage everyone to get on board.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I'll be donating mate. Just gotta wait til pay day.

Good work fellas.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Hi everyone.

We have a signed 2011 Titans jersey framed..

And also kindly donated from Ash Harrison

SOO 2011 game 2 ANZ staduim jersey worn by Ash and signed by Ash.

They are both up for raffle $5ea or 5 tickets for $20

The boys are bowling now & after 13 hours they are still bowling down strikes like they have just started.... Dave had hit the 10000 pins knocked down mark just ahead of Dougy in the 13th hour but Doug currently has the highest score so far today at 279

Plenty of money is being raised by the guys for a great cause for young Bronson .

I'm heading back down at 6am to see how the boys finish up.
    #itaintweaktospeak

I called in to congratulate the boys on their Surpreme Effort of bowling for 24 Hours straight & they are both as u would expect Very Shattered & Emotional but they have done a brilliant job raising a lot of money for young Bronson..

The final figure could be much more than expected after Quade Cooper tweeted the pledge details to more than 80000 people around the world, he even bowled on crutches !!
    #itaintweaktospeak

DaveyK bowled 410 strikes with Doug on 384 .... Awesome
    #itaintweaktospeak

Im absolutely amazed by their effort and the generousity of everyone. I wish I could have visited.

One of the best things is while Bronson has to deal with the shadow of evil in his life at least he will also be reminded about the force of good within people from all sections of society. I think he will always feel embraced and at home on the Gold Coast. At least he will know a world with kindness and good. I think that is even worth more than money in many ways.

Well done!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

QLD Cup Titan

Fantastic effort by both of the guys and of course everyone else involved.
    Very well said Brad! Hope you are both catching up on some much needed rest as I type here!

thanks guys
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Banned

how much was raised

i can let you all know that we raised very close too

$20,000

for Bronson's future.

The Gold Coast and over areas of the Country really dug deep and have helped make a difference.

Stayed tuned for another fundraiser in either February or March
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

QLD Cup Titan

Great effort guys - this forum really needs a "like" button :-)