Thread: Titans finances

Default Titans finances

According to recent media reports the Titans are one of four clubs along with Manly, Cronulla and Dragons that are in big trouble if they don't get more funding from the NRL....

This is very concerning for fans, but all the more reason to become a Member and have a direct line of support for the club. It is traditionally hard for clubs without Leagues Club backing and particularly off the back off our huge committment in our Centre of Excellence.

A drop in crowds would have also taken a bite out of our revenue.

Hopefully we can hang tough and get past this difficulty in the next year when a commission and new broadcast deal comes in.

We aren't in any danger of falling. But get behind the Titans every way you can.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I guess it's to be expected for the poor old Sharkies, but when I read about clubs like St George and Manly being in financial trouble I wonder what sort of financial mismanagement is going on behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I guess it's to be expected for the poor old Sharkies, but when I read about clubs like St George and Manly being in financial trouble I wonder what sort of financial mismanagement is going on behind the scenes.
    It is bad for our sport when the two last Premiers are against the wall.

But thankfully the Dragons have recently made an investment in bringing back a NSW Cup team.

Manly are a maze of trouble with so much internal strife. Their fans are in revolt, which is disappointing right after winning a title.

Well it's good news that the Knights are no longer on life support and we can stop reading those particular headlines.

I agree we need more revenue for our clubs but it also comes down to mismanagment and battling waste. I also believe that the future NRL should take on more central responsibility with support and promotion.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Let's not forget to mention and a lot of people don't know this Is you don't have to pay a lot of money to be a club member only if you wish to go to games. Even then you can pay for a couple of games a year this was the kinda scheme back in 2008 russel Crowe pushed on to rabbitohs fans and now they are a club who makes profit. So the deal is if you love the gold coast titans you would fork out at least the bare minimum because every little bit helps the club.

The report suggested that the 4 clubs are counting on a increase in the salary cap of 320k which is the standard 6% increase due every year but these clubs have already spent it on players.

Standard practice

Also please post a source for this claim. As it not only feeds the vultures circling this forum, it is at this stage nothing but a rumor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Looks like its out of Paul Kent's rubbish article, which is typically based on speculation, taken out of context and has an unstated agenda.
    Dont forget who Kent works for and the massive conflict of interest in this article.....

NRL: Money hungry clubs in league of their own when it comes to stupidity

by: Paul Kent
    October 12, 2011 11:00PM

It was only yesterday, after all, when four clubs realised that by holding out until after their licence expires on November 1, which made them free agents and which they believed would be enough to force the NRL to bow to their demands for more money, that they risk going broke almost immediately.

Over to you, Moe: "Knuckleheads."

Once again rugby league is threatening to disenfranchise every fan it has fought hard to bring back in the 15 years since the Super League war, which still bleeds in some places.

Again all over money. Again with little thought to the consequences if it goes exactly to their plan, or how they will fare if it spins dangerously out of control. I'll get to that.

But first, understand that, under the current NRL licensing agreement, clubs receive $320,000 a month in NRL funding.

Yet as they were so quick to announce in their threats, that agreement ends on November 1.

In the clubs' eyes, that makes them free agents. You beauty.

The flipside is that with no agreement in place - with either the NRL Partnership Board or the yet-to-be- installed Independent Commission - that $320,000 in funding each month stops.

That's 17 days away.

This is particular bad news for Manly, St George Illawarra, Gold Coast and Cronulla.

Times are tough, and those four clubs have already asked for an advance on next month's funding - not realising that without any agreement, there is no money from the NRL. So how long can clubs survive with no funding - given the $3.4 million they already get isn't enough?

Such organised chaos is a classic Stooges routine.

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk!

Yesterday, some NRL clubs privately moved to distance themselves from published claims they were on the verge of setting up a rebel league.

The genesis of their threat goes back to a meeting with NRL boss David Gallop last week.

In that meeting was Ray Dib (Canterbury), Scott Penn (Manly), Nick Politis (Roosters), Ken Edwards (Newcastle), Dave Trodden (Wests Tigers), Peter Doust (St George Illawarra) and Nick Pappas (Souths).

While nobody specifically asked for more money next season, the last before the new television deal, that was the guts of their talk.

Gallop was less than accommodating, so the receipt came in Tuesday's demand for an extra $34 million funding next season. Where do they go if the NRL says no? I know that as reports surfaced yesterday of a rival rebel league that battle lines, out there in the public, will be quickly drawn along old Super League allegiances.

But to do this would require urgent television funding - after all, the clubs claim they are broke - and so they would need quick cash from somewhere.

Given the ticking clock of the money being turned off next month, the clubs would need to make their deal quickly, simply to ensure they all survive, which turns the TV deal (optimistically predicted to be as high as $1.4 billion) from a seller's market to a buyer's market.

In other words, considerably less than what they could get, and maybe even less than what they need to get.

Sounds like a plan.

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk!
    Last edited by Ryan; 13-10-11 at 08:01 PM.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Also please post a source for this claim. As it not only feeds the vultures circling this forum, it is at this stage nothing but a rumor.
    Could also change the mis-leading thread title?
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

I changed it to a more appealing title. Im sure once we get over the next year things will indeed start to click together with the new ARLC.

I know it's been hard but Im glad the club is brave enough to tackle big projects.