Default SBW possible return to Canterbury. WTF?

Fox sports reports Canterbury are putting out "feelers" for the return of SBW to the club, and the NRL. I cannot think of anything more spineless and insulting to the club and the games fans than even considering bringing this traitor back into the game...... :boo:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/n...-1226155674282

Can a mod fix the thread title please. And then remove this post. Cheers.

I'll get it out there right now: I friggn' hate SBW for what he did to Canterbury, the NRL and the code of Rugby League.

There are some things that aren't just "forgiven", and time does not heal all wounds. The game of Rugby League did not disintegrate with his leaving, and a life ban would show all players that a contract is a contract and that reneging on it mid-season is not an option.

Just the mere thought that he can even be considered to return to the NRL, that there is even that possibility is demeaning to the game. He made his choice, he was given the options, and he was told of the consequences.

No person, no player, is that important that in any code that they can trample over contracts, teams, the fans and the codes and then expect it will all be forgotten and forgiven when they change their minds.

F*$% U SBW! U suck the big one and if the NRL allows this guy back, I will be severely disappointed, to the point where I would seriously have to reconsider my commitment to the NRL.
    Last edited by C-Whiz; 02-10-11 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Clearing up the grammatical errors made while ranting through the red mist...

After the way Canterbury was treated by this man, why on earth would they even consider welcoming him back into their roster?

I agree with you C Whiz, it's a disgrace.

And I can understand why some clubs would sell their souls for a player and I bet some would pursue his signature.

But Canterbury.... no way. It can't be true. They did the right thing and held the moral ground. They got rid of alot of deadwood and turned their club culture around.

If that club didn't treat Kevin Moore so unprofessionally and if their board didn't leak like an old boat, I'd say they are probably the best run club in many categories. But if they do this.... hhhmmmm....

The guy is a friggin idiot and his attitude hasn't changed. He continues to disrespect rugby union, the All Blacks and the RU World Cup with his comments about his future over the last few weeks.

Run Rugby League, RUN!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    if the NRL allows this guy back, I will be severely disappointed, to the point where I would seriously have to reconsider my commitment to the NRL.
    Well I understand mate, support like ours rages like a fire but it has passion at it's heart. And the well can be poisoned.

And yea I hold a grudge against SBW but his recent and continued behaviour reassures my grudge that it is well placed.

Our games wings have spread, we can afford to take it or leave it with many things. And we are also defined by what we don't have.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

He will be back with in 2 years i say, but not sure where. He is a good player and has talent, but i Dont like him, never have.