Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 2011 NRL Grand Final: Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles vs New Zealand Warriors

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles vs New Zealand Warriors
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

It's always very special to make these threads.

Manly have during been impressive over the last several years, coming back from the death and becoming a jugganaut.

I'm backing the Warriors though, like I did in 2001. Hopefully the Warriors win the NRL and the All Blacks lose the union World Cup.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I'm backing the Warriors though, like I did in 2001.

2001 was the year Parramatta choked and my dad (a Parra supporter) sat in front of the TV in silence for 2 hours after the game

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post

2001 was the year Parramatta choked and my dad (a Parra supporter) sat in front of the TV in silence for 2 hours after the game
    Yep damn it sorry about that typo.

2001 was difficult, first night Grand Final, didnt much like either team but had to back Knights over Parra. Hated the night Grand Final timeslot.

It would have been very very painful for a Parra fan after such a great season.

2001 was difficult, first night Grand Final
    Bronco fans would have you believe that 1997 was the first night GF

Bronco fans would have you believe that 1997 was the first night GF
    Yea and that it was the first out of Sydney Grand Final and that they went back to back 1997-1998.

Like I said last night,

Come on NZ, come on you Cuzzy Bros'. Do it for Australia! Smash Manly!!

I just hope they didn't play their GF last night. I'm really excited about this match now. NZ showed they have the form, the structure and the ability to play the best and win in a tight, high pressure game, so now I just have to hope they have enough left to run over Manly in a week.

Junior Titan SunnyCoastTitanFan's Avatar

It's always very special to make these threads.

Manly have during been impressive over the last several years, coming back from the death and becoming a jugganaut.

I'm backing the Warriors though, like I did in 2001. Hopefully the Warriors win the NRL and the All Blacks lose the union World Cup.
    Next year lets hope you'll be putting this thread in the Titans games section

Anyway, although I'm going for the Warriors, I really can't see them winning this game, not against Manly in Sydney, they are the only team that has been able to beat Storm in Melbourne over the last few years, and have that mental advantage over them, but as was the case in 2008, when the Warriors got that last minute win over the Storm, they lost to Manly 2 weeks later 32-6, I think this year will be closer, I'm going to say Manly 26-16 Warriors as a guess, but then again I could be completely wrong, it has happened before

Here we go! Nearly kick off time!

I'm going for the warriors. Even dug up an old 1995 Auckland Warriors jersey to wear!

Really exciting team and I hope they can defeat the evil empire.

It'd be great for Rugby League. And that NYC Grand Final was amazing, sad to see the Cowboys defeated. But I was amazed to see the Warriors defend a title!

Bring back the Polynesian footy! 15 to go

Damn it..... we are gonna have to put up with Manly's arrogant fans for a year now... Noooooooooooooooo

Well at least Titan Pete and Teke and our other resident Manly fans will be happy. I'm happy about that.

Shame on the rest of us 15 clubs for letting it happen.

Warriors were noble in defeat. I really admire their business attitude but they proved their is a real place for polynesian footy in their game plan.

This is a worse feeling than when I was at Suncorp 2 weeks ago when Lockyer's boot was responsible for ending my team's season.

This is a worse feeling than when I was at Suncorp 2 weeks ago when Lockyer's boot was responsible for ending my team's season.
    Yea and even his season ended in dispair. It'd been a bit like that this year. No fairytales.

But.... the Warriors have set up the Kiwis for an amazing international season.

I hate it when a team I don't like wins.

OMG I cant wait for those Kiwis v Kangaroos v England games and throw in Wales too. It's all systems go for Test footy.

But.... the Warriors have set up the Kiwis for an amazing international season.
    I would love to see Benji in the 6 and Johnson in the 7 for the Kiwis... that would be amazing. Unfortunately you have to squeeze Foran in there somewhere. Put Manu and Nightingale on the wings (IMO the 2 best wingers in the game), Locke at fullback (his form at the moment is just about par with Slater IMO), and throw in a few from the Warriors forward pack (who have been tremendous in the last few weeks) and the Kiwis have an amazing side. Easily the best they have ever fielded. I just hope that injuries don't curse them yet again.

Yea it would be their best ever team. Maybe a backline that is better than the Kangaroos.

The Kiwis are spoilt with halves talent. Can Not Wait.