Thumbs up Queensland Murri Cup

For those with NITV there is live coverage of the inaugural Queensland Murri Cup from the Gold Coast on now!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Murri Carnival hits the ground running

FORMER league international Tony Currie expects the Queensland Murri Carnival to grow "exponentially" after a successful inaugural tournament at Mudgeeraba.

Southeast Queensland's Southern Dingoes won the men's final, the presence of Wests Tigers halfback and former Gold Coast student Robert Lui helping them to a 44-24 victory against Purga Wagtails, who were bolstered by Penrith's Yileen Gordon and dual international Andrew Walker.

Parramatta-bound half Chris Sandow (Cherbourg) and Bronco Dane Gagai (Mackay) also took part in the carnival.

Townsville District Walkabouts beat FNQ Dodgers 44-24 in the under-15 final, while Highlanders won the women's division 16-4 against Brisbane Blacks.

Currie said the carnival had been a tremendous success, attracting teams from the Torres Strait to the Gold Coast.

Fifty teams took part in the three divisions -- men's, women's and under-15 competition -- with Currie predicting the success of the inaugural event would boost numbers by about 30 per cent next year.

"It was a terrific response. We had 12 hours of live coverage on NITV on Saturday and Sunday throughout Australia," he said. "I think it's going to have exponential growth."

The drug and alcohol-free event focused on league but also had health, employment and education initiatives.

Players in the under-15 division had to reach a certain attendance rate at school to be eligible for teams, while an employment expo and health checks were also run over the four-day event.

And in a boost for the region, Currie wants the carnival to stay on the Gold Coast.

"The Coast accommodates every aspect of what the carnival's about," he said.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I've marvelled at the Koori Knock Out for years in the NSW and finally Queensland has one to call its own!

And it was a great success and there was so much quality footy from the lads, the men and the ladies over the weekend.

I watched alot of it on NITV and I have to say that their coverage is first class and I can't praise them highly enough. Brad Cooke and Tony Currie are professionals and they have heart and always know what to say and how to say it.

I have the highest regard for Tony Currie and believe he is one of the finest men in Rugby League. And anyone out there in Rugby League land should pick up the phone and have a chat with Tony.

I loved it watched sat and Sunday.
    I kept tweeting @gctitans saying to get scouts there as there was about 6 instant 5/8's

Was a great comp with guys like Lui, Sandow, Yileen Gordon, Ian Lacey, Andrew Walker ect

My favorite matches was definitely the women's games, friggin awesome.
    Loved it and your right Brad about Brad and Tony best commentators I've heard in ages
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.