Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tweed is a NSW team ... c'mon Seagulls ... work it out yourselves :-)
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Tweed is a NSW team ... c'mon Seagulls ... work it out yourselves :-)
    QUEENSLANDER!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Good luck to both Seagulls just hope the team with the Broncos players get smashed
    #itaintweaktospeak

Good close game. i wonder what the crowd is??

You'd think they'd put the fans on the side that the cameras are pointing at. it looks empty.

Up 10-0 with 10 seconds to go in the first half and I cannot believe Tweed weren't awake and let that grubber through! That turned the game....

oh....Wynnum 16-10

Great game of Footy
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Good close game. i wonder what the crowd is??

You'd think they'd put the fans on the side that the cameras are pointing at. it looks empty.
    If they did that we'd all melt in the sun. They'd need to move the cameras.

I think it is disappointing that there isn't more people at this game. It should at least get 15k and it is disappointing that NRL clubs sit on their hands and do little to promote it.

If you want an independent commission, it cuts both ways. Take responsibility for all Rugby League.

QCUP Grand Finals should be an event for all Rugby League fans, attended by all like the English Challenge Cup, no matter who you support.

It was a FANTASTIC game, as was the FOGs. So happy to see Wynnum win and their fantastic supporters be rewarded.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

One of the best times at the footy I've had all year.

I wore my custom Wynnum jersey with pride.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    It should at least get 15k and it is disappointing that NRL clubs sit on their hands and do little to promote it.
    NRL clubs won't bother promoting something they can't profit from. This is why the Broncos didn't heavily promote the game against the Dragons like they did the game against Manly as the profits for the game went to the NRL.

DH, that's the worst sketch of a Seagull (behind the sticky tape) that I've ever seen, in fact it looks more like a rodent.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    NRL clubs won't bother promoting something they can't profit from. This is why the Broncos didn't heavily promote the game against the Dragons like they did the game against Manly as the profits for the game went to the NRL.
    Thats right mate. And add to that Away games. Our club is guilty of it too... But that attitude probably does more damage in Sydney.

Our sport needs to stop following the $. Truth is, do what is best for Rugby League and the $ will be there anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    DH, that's the worst sketch of a Seagull (behind the sticky tape) that I've ever seen, in fact it looks more like a rodent.
    Thank you thank you.

Tweed Heads beaten by Wynnum in QCup

TWEED Heads' outstanding Queensland Cup season has come to an end with Wynnum-Manly winning the grand final 16-10 at Suncorp Stadium.

Tweed took a 10-6 lead into halftime but could not score in the second term, with Wynnum going on to win the battle of the Seagulls and claim their first silverware in the top grade since 1995.

Matt Seamark and Shea Moylan scored second-half tries to hand Wynnum their first Queensland Cup since the competition began in 1996.

Tweed was close in the second half but denied a try after Matt Hundy had the ball stripped as he attempted to cross the line.

Wynnum centre Shea Moylan, who grounded the loose ball in the in-goal to prevent a Tweed try, was the hero at both ends, scoring the winning try in the 73rd minute after Reece Blayney sliced through the Tweed defence.

Tweed was first on the board, crossing through hooker Tim Maccan, who pushed off four defenders to plant the ball in the corner.

The Coast side had marched its way down field after being awarded a penalty for Wynnum's second tackle on winger Tom Merritt.

Brad Davis was the architect of the second try, selling the dummy to the Wynnum defence and drawing the fullback before putting Cody Nelson over the line.

Desperate defence kept Wynnum out late in the half, with Tweed forcing the Seagulls into touch as they spread the ball wide to try and capitalise on what looked a scoring chance.

But after a near flawless half of football, Tweed made an error deep in their own territory, with Merritt knocking on a pass from Ryan Milligan less than a minute from the break to hand Wynnum the chance to score.

They took it gladly, with halfback Matt Seamark putting through an inch-perfect grubber for flying fullback Jake Granville to score under the posts and cut the deficit to 10-6 at the break.

It gave them a sniff and with Tweed undermanned after Rod Griffin and Ryan Simpkins left the field with injuries, they tired in the second half.

Wynnum, who have had a brilliant finals series after starting the season with six consecutive losses, finished full of running, although Tweed refused to give up, attacking on the final play of the game to try and force extra-time.

WYNNUM MANLY SEAGULLS 16 (Tries: Jake Granville, Matt Seamark, Shea Moylan; Cons: Seamark 2) bt TWEED HEADS SEAGULLS 10 (Tries: Tim Maccan, Cody Nelson; Cons: Davis).

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/

Even though my team isn't part of the Queensland Cup, the Diehards...

I'm really looking forward to going to more Queensland Cup. The tradition is there, I love suburban grounds, it's cheap and the quality of footy is great.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I'm really looking forward to going to more Queensland Cup. The tradition is there, I love suburban grounds, it's cheap and the quality of footy is great.
    Yep, and you can get beer in a can, nice and cold, and a hot meat pie with free sauce, all for about $6. It's the way footy should be.