Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Queensland Cup Grand Final: Tweed Heads Seagulls vs Wynnum-Manly Seagulls

Tweed Heads Seagulls vs Wynnum-Manly Seagulls
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Gates open: 10am
    FOGS Colts: 10:10am
    FOGS Cup: 12pm
    Intrust Super Cup Grand Final: 2pm

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I'll be cheering for Wynnum. Got alot more in common with them than Tweed.

Wynnum havent ever been in a Queensland Cup Grand Final. Last Final was 1995 before the foundation of the QCUP.

Under 18s are free and concession is just $12.00

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post

Wynnum havent ever been in a Queensland Cup Grand Final. Last Final was 1995 before the foundation of the QCUP.
    Do Wynnum have half of their squad signed up for the Titans too
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Do Wynnum have half of their squad signed up for the Titans too
    Nope but Tweed Heads are a club and a club that I have little attachment too.

Nope but Tweed Heads are a club and a club that I have little attachment too.
    Unless they are wearing their Titans Jerseys
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Unless they are wearing their Titans Jerseys
    Ah you know how it is, rugby league loyalty is a complex business, especially over the last couple of decades with the rise of the Broncos, fall of the BRL and Super League. Not straight forward. And it's a matter of the heart.

It's not like I don't cheer for Tweed Heads on nearly every occasion during the year. It's just that they are shaded in this match up.

But I'll be delighted if Tweed Heads win as well.

Tweed Heads Seagulls v Wynnum Manly Seagulls
    Suncorp Stadium on Sunday, September 25 - 2pm*

Tweed Heads Seagulls
    1. Ryan Milligan 2. Nathanael Barnes 3. James Wood 4. Matt Hundy 5. Tom Merritt 6. Matt King 7. Brad Davis (c) 8. Aaron Cannings 9. Tim Maccan 10. Josh Starling 11. Ryan Simpkins 12. Selasi Berdie 13. Cody Nelson 14. Tom Kingston 15. Rod Griffin 16. Jake Leary 17. Brock Hunter
    Coach: Ben Anderson

Wynnum Manly Seagulls
    1. Jake Granville 2. Jason Moon 3. Shea Moylan 4. Matt Grieve 5. Sam Te?o 6. Reece Blayney 7. Matt Seamark 8. Dane Carlaw 9. John Te Reo 10. Mitchell Dodds 11. Tim Natusch 12. Kurtis Lingwoodock 13. Luke Dalziel-Don (c) 14. Charlie Gubb 15. Ben Shea 16.Jon Grieve 17. Chris Birch
    Coach: Paul Green

Confirmed, public transport is included with match ticket.

GRAND FINALS: Sunday, September 25 @ Suncorp Stadium

Intrust Super Cup
    2pm Tweed Heads Seagulls v Wynnum Manly Seagulls

FOGS Cup
    12noon Norths Devils v Redcliffe Dolphins

FOGS Colts
    10.10am Norths Devils v Tweed Heads

Intrust Super Cup Grand Final Preview

WYNNUM Manly coach Paul Green admits he?s astonished by the fanfare and support for the club as the Seagulls prepare for their first tilt at an Intrust Super Cup grand final.

The club?s famous colours are everywhere you look on the bayside.

?It?s huge ... they?re selling red and green sausages at the butcher shop and red and green bread at the bakery,? Green said.

But come 2pm on Sunday, Green?s focus will be on shutting down the men wearing black and white ? the minor premiership-winning Tweed Heads Seagulls.

?We expect them to go up a cog,? Green said of the Tweed outfit.

?They?ve been the best team all year, they deserve to be favourites for it.?

Green, a former Queensland Origin representative, doesn?t need any reminding about the importance of shutting down Tweed skipper Brad Davis.

?He?s a fantastic player, he?s certainly their go-to player, but they?ve got good players right across the paddock. Nat Barnes is very dangerous for them.?

In a stunning achievement, Green?s team qualified for the premiership decider despite losing their opening six matches of the Intrust Super Cup season.

The club?s fans, regarded by many as the most passionate in the competition, will turn up in huge numbers on Sunday, with 15 buses already booked for the trip to Suncorp Stadium.

Green has been forced to make just one change, with utility Chris Birch coming into the side for the injured Will Scanlan (shoulder).

?One thing about Birchy is he?s a great competitor,? Green said.

?He?ll give you everything he?s got, especially in a big game like this.?

Tweed coach Ben Anderson said his charges had trained strongly this week following their impressive preliminary final victory over the Northern Pride.

?It?s been good, the boys have enjoyed it,? said Anderson, who was named Coach of the Year on Monday night at the QRL awards dinner.

?We had Matt Geyer come and talk to the boys on Tuesday about how to handle the pressure and preparing for the game.?

Tweed?s main injury concern is Ryan Simpkins, who ran last night for the first time after hamstring tightness last week.

?He wasn?t 100 per cent but he got through, running at about three quarter speed. He?s confident and we think he?ll be fine.?

The Tweed players will have dinner with the club?s Colts team on Friday and will relax with their families at Currumbin beach on Saturday to round off preparations before the bus trip to Brisbane on Sunday morning.

http://www.qrl.com.au

I was there in 1982, my Dad was from Wynuum. We'd done the drive to Brissy for most games during the year. I remember my Dad driving us all to Brissy, green and red streamers flying from the Kingswood, cheering from the stands at Lang Park! Good times!!

One of the great moments of Rugby league, one of the greatest club teams assembled. I'm not sure how happy you were about WM poaching the great one from Valleys, but wasn't it a team of Champions!

I'm with you Brad, I have more in common with WM than Tweed, and I'll be cheering for them tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I was there in 1982, my Dad was from Wynuum. We'd done the drive to Brissy for most games during the year. I remember my Dad driving us all to Brissy, green and red streamers flying from the Kingswood, cheering from the stands at Lang Park! Good times!!

One of the great moments of Rugby league, one of the greatest club teams assembled. I'm not sure how happy you were about WM poaching the great one from Valleys, but wasn't it a team of Champions!

I'm with you Brad, I have more in common with WM than Tweed, and I'll be cheering for them tomorrow.
    Wow mate, I really loved hearing that story, it conjures up some great pictures.

Yea still spewing about Lewis going to Wynnum.