View Poll Results: Do YOU want to see Carney at the Titans in 2012?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • No he will let us all down

5 16.13%
  • Yes he is great footballer

26 83.87%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Junior

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Not as bad as glassing someone and asking your mate to take the fall.
    ouch.. some people wont like that comment :P

I see nothing wrong with a bloke wanting a drink, as long as (if he were to sign) he doesnt drink when he isnt supposed to.

The best things always comes at a price.

carney is wat we need, its wat we have needed since we joined the comp... a 5/8... someone to take pressure of prince and puts pressure on him to preform cause we then can drop him cause we would still have one decent half.
    i am worried about the drinking but i just look at bird and chris walker, they both turned it around.

Play with fire often enough and eventually get burnt, but we'll see.

So much potential (as he showed last year - brilliant) but jesus it's a tough call when you consider the issues he has off-field.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    What is there to get excited about?? This can only possibly end one way - badly for the Gold Coast Titans. He has only ever damaged the reputation of clubs he has been at.

This talk about the Titans having strong values and leadership etc is rubbish in my opinion. If we had those things we wouldn't have fallen apart like a rusty wheelbarrow when a few players signed contracts elsewhere this year. It also didn't help Matt White who blew a high range DUI earlier this year.

This is bad, bad, bad...
    Matt White copped a club fine of $25k, find another club who has taken to an issue as harsh as that. And how many player behavior problems has the club had since 2007, including the preceding "NRL token piss-head" to Carney - Chris Walker???
    Not a bad record considering such a young club is parked on the 'Glitter Strip', which is just as notorious as Kings Cross for trouble....
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

I want to win footy games, pure and simple.
    I don't care if they lock him in a cage, because I want to win footy games.

This kid can play, and would help us win

Fans showed this year they don't care about how nice the team is, they want to follow a winning team

We need to win a GF and soon
    Sign him up and let's go
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Matt White copped a club fine of $25k, find another club who has taken to an issue as harsh as that. And how many player behavior problems has the club had since 2007, including the preceding "NRL token piss-head" to Carney - Chris Walker???
    Not a bad record considering such a young club is parked on the 'Glitter Strip', which is just as notorious as Kings Cross for trouble....
    That was management reacting to an incident that has already occurred. Past tense. If Carney does the same thing, with his rap sheet, it will be a complete PR disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    That was management reacting to an incident that has already occurred. Past tense. If Carney does the same thing, with his rap sheet, it will be a complete PR disaster.
    Especially if Nate Myles is somewhere in the vicinity.
    A lot of people will be waiting for this train wreck.

Maybe the Titans can turn Carney around and get the potential out of him. High risk=high reward I guess. Except when it ends in disaster...

Junior Titan

Default Michael Searle confirms Gold Coast Titans' three-year deal offered to Dally M medalli

When it comes to unlikely NRL comebacks, no one does it better than Gold Coast Titans.

Yet Titans boss Michael Searle still raised eyebrows when he confirmed on Friday he had offered a three-year deal to wayward star Todd Carney.

Especially with Carney's Sydney Roosters drinking buddy Nate Myles set to arrive at the glitter strip.

But Searle has every faith in his club turning Carney's NRL career around.

The Titans boss was the first to admit their second tier offer of up to $70,000-a-year would be dwarfed by rivals.

However, Searle said the Titans were offering more than money.

Just ask Gold Coast's other rejuvenated stars - Chris Walker, Greg Bird and Mat Rogers.

"We don't hold great hope in getting him - if it is about the money, he probably won't come to our club," Searle told AAP.

"But what we are offering is an opportunity to get his life back on track.

"I think that is one thing our club has done really well - dealing with players who have had challenges.

"I think that shows not that we are doing things better than anyone else, we just do it a bit differently."

Carney - the 2010 Dally M medallist - was eventually cut loose by the Roosters after infamously being caught drinking in the early hours with Myles and Roosters teammate Frank-Paul Nu'uausala in August.

Myles was also released following the same incident, capping a Roosters career chequered by off-field behavioural issues.

"We are not the Roosters and environment is something that affects a lot of things," Searle said.

"And I think that the one thing that our club has is a community that has a lot of faith.

"We have a great level of understanding."

foxsports.com.au

just when things couldnt get lower, trying to buy a premiership like melbourne, what happened to local talent and juniors and people from your own state. you are no good searle and co

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I want to win footy games, pure and simple.
    Yep I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Yep I agree.
    We can all agree on that , sign him & or chase Lui as well
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior Titan

Young Mr Carney is a v v talented footballer, but really, is this a footy club or a bloody wayside chapel. I dig Mr Searle's comments that we have a great 'program' or whatever at the club for getting people back on track - but is that our job?? Surely that's for Carney et al (yes, Mr Myles, that includes you) to sort out themselves. The Titans are BEGGING for trouble with these two dopes up here. No wonder we're losing games - ditch Nathan Friend and sign these two drunks - great idea!!!!!!

After the Hasler news we should throw everything at Foran for 2013 who has a get out clause if Hasler leaves which has been announced officially today ..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by wemmyh View Post
    Young Mr Carney is a v v talented footballer, but really, is this a footy club or a bloody wayside chapel. I dig Mr Searle's comments that we have a great 'program' or whatever at the club for getting people back on track - but is that our job?? Surely that's for Carney et al (yes, Mr Myles, that includes you) to sort out themselves. The Titans are BEGGING for trouble with these two dopes up here. No wonder we're losing games - ditch Nathan Friend and sign these two drunks - great idea!!!!!!
    He made a piss-ant $70k second tier offer to a recent Dally M player, who so happens to excel at the position the team most lacks.
    Just like we got Bird (who was good enough to walk straight back into Roos & Blues) for a bargin price, who has the mongrel which the team previously lacked.

With that sort of value on offer, Searle would have been stupid not to throw a line in. On the plus side we get some of the best players in the game for a bargin price, with the negative side being we just have to keep their behavior in check and wash off the mud that the media throws at us regardless. The club has a good record for being able to do that, so why not throw a line in?

As sad as it is, Friend is gone, but Srama is better. Get over it and embrace our new recruits, the clubs future is bright!
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....