View Poll Results: Do YOU want to see Carney at the Titans in 2012?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • No he will let us all down

5 16.13%
  • Yes he is great footballer

26 83.87%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    And our club would like a joke with Carney and Miles back together along with Bird.

No thanks.
    This.

I say sign him..

Give him a contract like birds, 1 yr options in the clubs favour..

Be straight with the sponsors, fans, media and carney.. We will give you a chance, if you stuff up your contract will be terminated.. you have the choice

And let the bloke still have a few beers here and there in moderation is fine.. the kid is in his 20's just wants to have some fun.

the concerns about him with bird and myles I can understand but Bird is also on 1 yr contract extensions in the clubs favour aswell.. and after seeing what has happened to carney I doubt he will want to dip his footy into that kind of media storm again.

Myles we just have to hope that he cleans up his act and plays some good footy..

As i said sign him up.. 1 yr options in the clubs favour with clauses stating they can easily turf him.

What we were missing in season 2011.... a natural ball player who can read the game well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztvhH...eature=related

that ability at a discount rate.. I say yes

Quote Originally Posted by MightyTitans View Post
    What we were missing in season 2011.... a natural ball player who can read the game well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztvhH...eature=related

that ability at a discount rate.. I say yes
    I agree with your statement and I also think Carney would be worth signing but I'm surprised how many tries he blows on that you tube link.
    In saying that...I've seen him single handedly beat teams.

Banned

I agree totally give him a contract exactly like Bird's and don't have restrictions on his drinking. Have the leadership group sit down and talk to him about it.

I think the Titans are the only club that would be able to help Todd to turn his life around. They have proved in the past with Walker and Bird that they can do it.

Junior Titan SunnyCoastTitanFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justin19 View Post
    I agree totally give him a contract exactly like Bird's and don't have restrictions on his drinking. Have the leadership group sit down and talk to him about it.

I think the Titans are the only club that would be able to help Todd to turn his life around. They have proved in the past with Walker and Bird that they can do it.
    Yeh I definitely agree with you there, the club is strong on morals, as shown by making Presto their first signing, I think that if Carney can't get it together at the Titans, than perhaps should explore the Super League.

Also welcome aboard the forum.

If we were to sign him (can't see it happening to be honest), I'd play him at 5/8 rather than fullback.
    Last edited by gotitans101; 09-09-11 at 06:28 PM.

I do like him as a player, but do we want to take on the risk? Out of interest, does Bird get in trouble anymore? (We don't get local gossip over here in NZ)

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101 View Post
    If we were to sign him (can't see it happening to be honest), I'd play him at 5/8 rather than fullback.
    I have a good feeling about Rankin @ 5/8 so it wouldnt worry me putting Carney back at number 1...Mead and Gordon would be fed well with mad ball every game

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I have a good feeling about Rankin @ 5/8 so it wouldnt worry me putting Carney back at number 1...Mead and Gordon would be fed well with mad ball every game
    That is true but just remember Carney led the Roosters to a GF while playing 5/8 beside Pearce.

Carney = short term success long term heart ache if not delt with the same respect as the rest of the players. A drinking ban will make him not drink as much but will when he does it will make him binge, respect and a casual drink is what a 20 year old should be receiving and hopefully we can change him

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Was it my imagination - did the old NYC firm of Srama/Rankin show itself from time to time around the ruck? This is could well be a local solution.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Limited options

TODD Carney keeps being linked to the Sharks. This column keeps hearing the Titans.

Gold Coast boss Michael Searle hardly dismissed it yesterday. "We've shown in the last five years that we're well suited to handle players facing some challenges, with the likes of Chris Walker and Greg Bird," Searle said. "Just because we're on the Gold Coast, it doesn't mean the players come here and engage in drunken orgies. What has happened with Todd in the past wouldn't count against him.

"David Riolo (Carney's manager) knows my number if he's interested. "While the Titans salary cap for next season is full, they could be a lifeline if Carney wants one.

He might need it. Catalans is evaporating as an option. Carney has had conversations on a personal level with coach Trent Robinson - a former assistant under Brian Smith at the Roosters - but our French connections say that's as far as it's gone.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nr...-1226139313042
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Limited options

TODD Carney keeps being linked to the Sharks. This column keeps hearing the Titans.

Gold Coast boss Michael Searle hardly dismissed it yesterday. "We've shown in the last five years that we're well suited to handle players facing some challenges, with the likes of Chris Walker and Greg Bird," Searle said. "Just because we're on the Gold Coast, it doesn't mean the players come here and engage in drunken orgies. What has happened with Todd in the past wouldn't count against him.

"David Riolo (Carney's manager) knows my number if he's interested. "While the Titans salary cap for next season is full, they could be a lifeline if Carney wants one.

He might need it. Catalans is evaporating as an option. Carney has had conversations on a personal level with coach Trent Robinson - a former assistant under Brian Smith at the Roosters - but our French connections say that's as far as it's gone.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nr...-1226139313042
    Sh!t....