View Poll Results: Do YOU want to see Carney at the Titans in 2012?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • No he will let us all down

5 16.13%
  • Yes he is great footballer

26 83.87%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

off topic much

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Quote Originally Posted by thelwall View Post
    off topic much
    Yeah...I think we were sick of talking about Carney

hahaha yer dont blame you , i just thought id stop you two arguing before we had a forum riot

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Just before this comes to a complete stop.....I have had a fair bit of injuries due to playing footy example leg reconstruction . That being said injuries happen in every aspect of football 10th grade to first grade, now if your good enough to make nrl you take it running whether your 16 or 21 who cares, your not gonna be noticed in second division if you have a injury not to also mention the pay packet is noway near enough to support you if you do get injured and then if your injured and a 18 year old takes your place in the nrl before hes "supposedly" ready and plays 10 man of the match games your not gonna make it . I think there's more examples of younger players making it then players learning there craft in second grade to first grade. After all this is said and done if the second grade had as much nurturing as the NYC then we wouldn't have to worry about kids making the step up thats probably the real issue, because if you didn't make the nrl by 21 there is still a very good second grade division you could go to.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    You are assuming he needs 1 year in Q Cup, not all kids coming up need this route. Some do some dont. Carty and Co will determine this...if they determine he is ready then throw him in
    I'm not assuming anything. I'm using current players situations to determine what is best for Sezer. Along with seeing Sezer play a number of games as well as seeing those other players before they made the NRL.

Of course Carty and his support staff will get the final say, nobody said other then this but as far as I'm aware they aren't on this site. So any discussion about the player will have to be made between the fans for now. i.e. you and me.

Burleigh Bear, Could you please type in paragraphs in future? It is just a lot easier to read and follow your post, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Burleigh bear View Post
    Just before this comes to a complete stop.....I have had a fair bit of injuries due to playing footy example leg reconstruction . That being said injuries happen in every aspect of football 10th grade to first grade, now if your good enough to make nrl you take it running whether your 16 or 21 who cares, your not gonna be noticed in second division if you have a injury not to also mention the pay packet is noway near enough to support you
    My point is about preventing injury, the players listed that were held back for one of two years have never had a serious injury *touch wood* in either the NRL or the extra few years in the reserve grades.

if you do get injured and then if your injured and a 18 year old takes your place in the nrl before hes "supposedly" ready and plays 10 man of the match games your not gonna make it . I think there's more examples of younger players making it then players learning there craft in second grade to first grade.
    Those examples are great ones but more often then not did not become full time players until 3rd or 4th years in NRL due to serious injuries.

After all this is said and done if the second grade had as much nurturing as the NYC then we wouldn't have to worry about kids making the step up thats probably the real issue, because if you didn't make the nrl by 21 there is still a very good second grade division you could go to.
    Very good point.

After all this is said and done if the second grade had as much nurturing as the NYC then we wouldn't have to worry about kids making the step up thats probably the real issue, because if you didn't make the nrl by 21 there is still a very good second grade division you could go to.
    I was dissapointed when the NRL took away the second grade...it's a massive step from 20's into the NRL.

I do feel some players that mature later in age don't get looked at from most of todays coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by GC_Titans_Fan View Post
    I'm not assuming anything. I'm using current players situations to determine what is best for Sezer. Along with seeing Sezer play a number of games as well as seeing those other players before they made the NRL.
    Ok you're not assuming you have just determined Sezer could use a year in lower grade hopefully get his body ready for NRL

With the extra moollah from the tv deal, I say bring back Reserve Grade!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Ok you're not assuming you have just determined Sezer could use a year in lower grade hopefully get his body ready for NRL
    Perhaps a taste of first grade here and there throughout the season would also do good for his development. Around Origin time and so on.

Wayyyyyyy off topic but loving it!

A mod needs to capture and paste the last few pages into another thread and give it a different title.

Kudos to both GC_Titans_Fan and Chaos....no name calling or derogatory comments. Just good old fashioned debating. At last, some mature posters!

Agreed it's very interesting to read conflicting views on when a player is ready and I'm sure the professionals who make these decisions have also the same trouble making this decision.