Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast

I think Souths will get him.......

Quote Originally Posted by Princey's Titanz View Post
    These are the things that could occur when Carney comes to the Titans.

1. Carney will play 5/8 which will put Sezer into the QLD Cup. Maybe Sezer would wanna leave the Titans if he is forced into this situation.

2. Carney will play fullback which will put Zilly in the bench or out of the team. Zilly doesnt deserve this. Versatility shouldnt be punished.

3. Carney will get drunk and/or disobey club rules which will put Titans in the headlines for all the wrong reasons.

4. Carney could go onto his Dally M form and maybe guide Titans to a premiership.

Guys you can decide for yourselves if you want Carney at the Titans or not.
    Not picking on you, but
    1. Sezer is under contract, he will play wherever Carty wants him to play, he is unknown, and is yet to prove anything to anyone. If he gets a shot good luck to him, but he is a young player TRYING to make first grade, not guaranteed.
    2. Zillman can play a number of positions well, as i said above if we buy a Dally M 5./8 and play him at fullback we deserve another spoon, but ZILLY is also a footballer, and doesn't Deserve anything,and if he has to fight for a spot then that is a good thing.

The other 2 are valid points
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Not picking on you, but
    1. Sezer is under contract, he will play wherever Carty wants him to play, he is unknown, and is yet to prove anything to anyone. If he gets a shot good luck to him, but he is a young player TRYING to make first grade, not guaranteed.
    2. Zillman can play a number of positions well, as i said above if we buy a Dally M 5./8 and play him at fullback we deserve another spoon, but ZILLY is also a footballer, and doesn't Deserve anything,and if he has to fight for a spot then that is a good thing.

The other 2 are valid points
    But Sezer tried to get out of the Titans when we signed Beau Henry because he knew he would most likely wont be first preference 5/8 if Henry plays well for the rest of the season (which he didn't). We have a risk in losing Sezer to other clubs. And also if Carney did play fullback Sezer would most likely be 5/8 which will leave Zilly in no position.

Junior

But Sezer tried to get out of the Titans when we signed Beau Henry because he knew he would most likely wont be first preference 5/8 if Henry plays well for the rest of the season (which he didn't). We have a risk in losing Sezer to other clubs. And also if Carney did play fullback Sezer would most likely be 5/8 which will leave Zilly in no position.
    regardless.. I would prefer a dally M winner to an unproven under 20s graduate, who honestly never dominated in the NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    regardless.. I would prefer a dally M winner to an unproven under 20s graduate, who honestly never dominated in the NYC.
    do u have any footage of him playing?

Junior

Nah I have only seen him at a few games last year. He does look promising, but he definitely is no Carney

Carney may be a nong but he can play and we play the style he likes ... oops, at least we used to. Who wouldn't want to see our outside backs with some quality ball? Gives me a half a chocolate just thinking about it.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I know Seazer deserves a shot, and he will get it at some stage.

But (and its a big but) if we did sign Carney, you would play him at 5/8He is a Dally M and Grand Final playing 5/8, we have not had a decent 5/8 since inception, and if we bought this bloke who won 5/8 of the year last year and play him at fullback, i will dead set throw the towel in.
    Like we did with Presto?

I dont know what to make of this rumour. It really isn't a rumour because Michael has already thrown the door open, so it's on the table and isn't fantasy.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Banned

Gold Coast Titans have Tabled a 3 year offer to Todd Carney. it is an incentive based deal modelled on the one we did for Bird. Here is the link to the story.

http://www.zerotackle.com.au/titans-...d-carney-4284/

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Like we did with Presto?

I dont know what to make of this rumour. It really isn't a rumour because Michael has already thrown the door open, so it's on the table and isn't fantasy.
    I read somewhere that Carney wants more money when he's being offered $40 - 50k from the Titans(which is ridicolous considering how his career is in jeopardy). I like the prospect of Carney coming but Cowboys or Rabbitohs have the best chance. I think Carney wants to play for the Rabbitohs but they have strict drinking bans that might force him out of playing for the Rabbitohs. Cowboys desperately need a good 5/8 that can play alongside Thurston and with Willie Tonga leaving the club that wouldve cleared some money in the salary cap (maybe around 100K?) which could be given to Carney which he would easily accept.

I dont know if some of you guys have been thinking but dont you think we might be a bit over the cap? I dont think we are but in the back of my head sometimes i think abt it and maybe we are. Not by alot but just a bit.

Banned

I read somewhere that Carney wants more money when he's being offered $40 - 50k from the Titans(which is ridicolous considering how his career is in jeopardy). I like the prospect of Carney coming but Cowboys or Rabbitohs have the best chance. I think Carney wants to play for the Rabbitohs but they have strict drinking bans that might force him out of playing for the Rabbitohs. Cowboys desperately need a good 5/8 that can play alongside Thurston and with Willie Tonga leaving the club that wouldve cleared some money in the salary cap (maybe around 100K?) which could be given to Carney which he would easily accept.

I dont know if some of you guys have been thinking but dont you think we might be a bit over the cap? I dont think we are but in the back of my head sometimes i think abt it and maybe we are. Not by alot but just a bit.
    I Don't think we are over the cap. it is nearly impossible to be over the cap now because before the NRL register any new contract for a player the club has to show that they will be under the cap

I dont think Souths would roll the dice. Many players werent too happy with Sandow by reports in recent weeks.

Cowboys I believe have ruled it out.

Sharks are a chance and would have the cash, but probably not the best culture.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Well when I say Sharks would have the cash I mean under the cap, not so sure about under the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I dont think Souths would roll the dice. Many players werent too happy with Sandow by reports in recent weeks.

Cowboys I believe have ruled it out.

Sharks are a chance and would have the cash, but probably not the best culture.
    Souths would be desperate after losing Sandow (they were bad enough with him ), who is their back-up plan?
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

You'll probably find that carney (if he does sign with the titans)will probably be on a small deal for next year but a heavy backended deal like gasnier had and rely heavily on the 1.4billion tv deal.