Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cronk View Post
    dee13, you may have answered this before, but how did you get to become the mascot for the titans? did you know someone at the club..or was there a try-out sort of thing?
    No try outs. It all started when I was mucking around on the forum. I saw the thread which coerresponded with the first public appearance of Blade. Just joking I said, "If no-one wants to get in the suit, I will do it." From there I think Deegan said that the Titans don't have a full time person in the suit yet.

I went to alot of the Titans early training sessions and made myself known to the right people by showing them that I was a very keen and commited fan and by letting them know that I was interested. At the trial game in Lismore I met Michael Searle and spent all of the first half with him in the grandstand. At this stage I was taking photos to download for the forum. It was then that I asked him about Blade and his reply was "I will put in a good word for you."

I kept calling the Titans and asking/persisting, until I was called up for an interview with Titans management.

I got a call a few weeks later and the rest is history.

Evertime I take the Blade costume off, I can't wait for the next time I have to get back into it again.

I LOVE IT and I hope the fans are loving the persona I bring to Blade.

Titan CEO

Do you get to chill with the other team mascots at all? i mean out of suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cronk View Post
    Do you get to chill with the other team mascots at all? i mean out of suit.
    The mascot race at Suncorp was great.

10 people walk into a room with big bags I walk back out an absolute freak show. It was so funny in the change rooms watching each other transform into our alter egos.

For the records none of them wanted to be Blade and all of them were sympathetic. They couldn't believe the sheer mass and weight of Blade.

I got on really well with the original Buck. He was a really nice guy and I have kept in touch with him.