Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Titan One Clubman

Could always make the mascot female

Goldy the Titanette

Dakink! Excuse me but Wally Lewis was one of the best footballers you and/or myself will ever see in our lifetimes. Besides Joey Johns there is still no other footballer in the comp that could ever compare to Wally Lewis. Old hack eh! I liked to see how old you are.LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Schifty
    Could always make the mascot female

Goldy the Titanette
    Or The Tit****s. Now that would be a great mascot.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Des
    Dakink! Excuse me but Wally Lewis was one of the best footballers you and/or myself will ever see in our lifetimes. Besides Joey Johns there is still no other footballer in the comp that could ever compare to Wally Lewis. Old hack eh! I liked to see how old you are.LOL!
    LOL Here fishy fishy fish......

One mans medicine is anothers poison....

You wont get many NSW fans supporting a Wally mascot ;-)

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Default You would if it had a Joey head!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    LOL Here fishy fishy fish......

One mans medicine is anothers poison....

You wont get many NSW fans supporting a Wally mascot ;-)
    If the mascot had the toughness, brains, brawn & guts of Wally Lewis and the SEMI likeness and fitness of Joey Johns.The titans would have one hell of a fantastic mascot. HAHAHA! Bring back the Wally doll. Where did he go?LOL :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: Wally! Wally! Wally!

QLD Cup Titan

Dakink says The Gold Coast Titans won't get many fans with the Mascot named Wally ,after Qld's greatest titan of Rugby League.

My answer to that - who gives a squat. Whilst we up here admit Joey Johns is terrific the Southeners or the other hand never gave Lewis the credit he deserved. More's the shame.

But as Tweed Heads is on the border and is also part of the Gold Coast,I'm sure The Titans will have a few fans in NSW!!!Even with Wally the mascot!

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

People, please. It is suicide naming your mascot after a living person. I imagine that a great many people from northern NSW will support the Titans and may not like the mascot being named Wally. Wally Lewis was one of the greatest players ever IMO (and I do support NSW), but it is not worth naming a mascot after him. I honestly would prefer Coaster's Cyclops idea over this one. Let's be reasonable and take an ancient Greco-Roman name like Spartacus or Maximus.
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

QLD Cup Titan

GOOD- now that we all decided on Wally as the name (except for the Southeners who's views don't count!) we can get on with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Diehard
    GOOD- now that we all decided on Wally as the name (except for the Southeners who's views don't count!) we can get on with it!!!
    Idjit ;-)

QLD Cup Titan

Thanks Kinky - use spell check next time.
    Question daKinky - how much footy did you play and when and who against.
    Otherwise Kid, and I suspect you are all of 25 years of age at the most ,are you involved with any Rugby League Club- junior level or any!!!!
    Ijit!!!!!
    Common Coffs habour or where ever you come from use the dakinky's talent.
    HE"S A CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by Old Diehard
    Thanks Kinky - use spell check next time.
    Question daKinky - how much footy did you play and when and who against.
    Otherwise Kid, and I suspect you are all of 25 years of age at the most ,are you involved with any Rugby League Club- junior level or any!!!!
    Ijit!!!!!
    Common Coffs habour or where ever you come from use the dakinky's talent.
    HE"S A CHAMPION
    Sorry there Forum Cop. - I used Idjit deliberately - Is Idiot better for you. I remove myself from this argument about now as I have no interest in becoming embroiled in a slanging match with someone as self righteous as yourself.

Yup Im under 25 (My Birthday is listed on Titans, actually turn 30 in a couple of months), never played the game in my life and I suggest you go back over some posts before deciding to preach your "QLD centric" brand of support. I verbally joust with a lot of QLD supporters here and have got as good as I have given. If you cant see the fun in some of the posts here then perhaps you should take some deep breathes and think of calm blue oceans. Perfect example;

Quote Originally Posted by Des
    If the mascot had the toughness, brains, brawn & guts of Wally Lewis and the SEMI likeness and fitness of Joey Johns.The titans would have one hell of a fantastic mascot. HAHAHA! Bring back the Wally doll. Where did he go?LOL Wally! Wally! Wally!
    nothing insulting there, just a little fun stirring a Blue!

Just curious what has someones footy level, age or current involvement in a club have to do with this thread? Is there a point behind your vitriolic diatribe?

Have you actually read any of the older threads? Particularly between myself and QLd'er or HodgoBerro, all in good fun, and no one getting serious or insulting....They defend theirs as do I, and take our jousts in the manner it was intended

I apologise if Idjit was taken as an insult, it was meant in the right manner - though perhaps a slightly thicker skin is needed...

Anyway as I have said, This is the last bite you will get out of me unless it is to debate something intelligently that is posted on these forums.

Have fun.
    Last edited by Dakink; 30-04-06 at 07:05 PM.

QLD Cup Titan

Love ya da kinky - Wally's da Titan!!!!

QLD Cup Titan

Default Wally as the name of the Titan

If that mob from down South don't like it they can bugger off.

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

^
    Bugger off yourself. You don't own the club. (I am assuming here you are not joking.)

And please don't repeat posts. Use the edit function instead.
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

I agree.. as much as Wally is a huge part of the Gold Coast... I would rather prefer NOT TO SEE his name in the Mascot for the Titans.. I think he would have no relevance to the kids who are coming up, who sadly, don't know who Wally is... and therefore I reckon naming the mascot after past players of the GC fame (Not just Wally) is completely out of the question.

As for me.. I like King Titan or Titanius... something simple that will make a good looking mascot and kids and adults a like can enjoy and be a part of..

Finally Old Diehard.. there is a poll in the social thread.. use the search button to find it that will state that the majority of members on the Titanium Forums are 25 or Over in age... I am actually a minority.. but I am only 4 years behind that cut off point.. too young.. but never too determined..