0 0%
  • Life savers

0 0%
  • Other

6 8.57%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Titans: Supporters Group Name Poll

Titans: Supporters Group Name Poll

The 2007 NRL season will be upon us before we know it and it is time to once again revisit the naming our official supporters group.

The following list is from a previous thread on the forum as posted by DIEHARD giving you examples of names from other NRL team supporters groups:

Quote Originally Posted by Courtesy of DIEHARD
    Cowboys - The Southern Stampede
    Roosters - The Chook Pen
    Souths - The Burrow
    Canberra - The Raiders Army and The Sydney Green Brigade
    Wests - The Wests Tigers Fanatics
    Cronulla - The Finatics
    Penrith - The Penriff Army
    Newcastle - The Knights Crusade
    Manly - The Eagle Rockers and The Silver Tails
    St George - The Dragon Army
    Melbourne - Stormtroopers?
    Parramatta - The Blue and Gold Army and Eels World Order
    Kangaroos - The Kangaroo Army unofficially "The Mob"
    The names listed in the poll are from an old thread posted on this forum, if you have another name that you deem a better fit for the team, vote other and post in this thread.

Please poll your vote here as the results displayed will go along way to gauging what our supporters want when it comes to naming the official supporter group.

I also ask all Gold Coast Titans fans to spread the word about this poll and get as many of our fans polling their vote. I will send all members and e-mail today as well.

Get voting, the journey has begun and the countdown is on!

DeeGan

The Legion

Simple, yet glorious. A very powerful, catchy and respectable name. Sure to catch on with rival fans and television commentators alike.

And a legion is what we will be. :box:
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

The Legion gets my vote.

Definition; a large military unit; ancient hist Roman army division: in ancient Rome, an army division of 3,000 to 6,000 soldiers, including cavalry
    The Gold Coast Titans supporters will make life hell for the visiting team just as the Southern Stampede did in the early years (and still do) of the Cowboys when they came into the competition.

Cheers

DeeGan

The Titans Supporter Group will be pioneering this type of support in Queensland rugby league, with both the Broncos and Cowboys not having armies based at home.

But both having unofficial southern based supporter groups in the shape of the Southern Stampede and Sydney Brisbane Broncos Supporter Group.

It is time this style of support came to Queensland.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

An email has been sent to all registered members.

Let's spread the word and get as many people as possible contributing to this poll

Thanks in advance for your help with this one

DeeGan

Keep in mind, with the supporters group, I am sure we will have our own section of the the ground where we will be chanting and simply making life hell for the visiting teams.

When we travel, I am sure we can look at setting up some deals with a local travel agency to make life on the road a little easier...the possibilities are endless ladies and gents!

DeeGan

The Legion gets my vote

and Diehard i think you would find that the Broncos do have a supporters group of sorts that started last year...the XXXX bitter black zone

If the titans could get their Legion of fans all in the same colour in the same area of the stadium (similar to the above picture) them Im sure they will have an impact on any of the teams that take on the titans.

I am sure we could look at some type of supporters shirt to rival that of the Brisbane Broncos

DeeGan

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    I am sure we could look at some type of supporters shirt to rival that of the Brisbane Broncos
    Im sure you can...bring it on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander
    Im sure you can...bring it on!!!
    Anyone else getting image from the movie TROY when Achilles played by Pitt calls out Erica Bana's character

DeeGan

The Legion gets my vote

and Diehard i think you would find that the Broncos do have a supporters group of sorts that started last year...the XXXX bitter black zone

OK good point. But that is more a corporate promotion not a fan group.

If the titans could get their Legion of fans all in the same colour in the same area of the stadium (similar to the above picture) them Im sure they will have an impact on any of the teams that take on the titans.
    With the Roo Crew we give out a supporter shirt that is dark green, to, as you said, give that unifying feel. We also encourage people to wear any Kangaroos merchandise on top of that. Which creates a superb visual look.

Maybe a similar thing could be done with the supporter group, especially if people purchase a season ticket. Regular season ticket holders from NRL clubs get hats and scarves and such anyway. It would just require some twigging.

You'd have a base colour of every fan, say light blue, then you can add every other sort of Titans merchandise on top of that.

It is strange but no other NRL club has ever produced a supporter shirt for their supporter group to my knowledge. But of course most supporter groups aren't affiliated with their parent club. A shame. :hmm:

'The Legion of Doom'

We could all dress up in our Sunday best looking like the above - a few haricuts may be in order

DeeGan

Titan CEO

For me its between the legion and the armory. Both pretty good names. I voted for the legion.

My second choice would be Spartan Army, but that implies we have to wear red.

The Titans Army, is always good, but it's generic. Even if we would be the Legion, we'd still be The Titans Army. It'd be silly to miss the opportunity to have an invidualistic, intriguing and symbolic name.

That is how I see it anyway.

The Legion, The Armory and The Titans Army are all winners IMO.

I am thinking big picture visualising how we can use the name when decorating the allocated bay for example - visually, the above three would be outstanding as supporters gimmick. Merchandise would be a case of 'what do we leave out?' and not 'how can we merchandise this?'

The NFL fans do it quite well, check some of the team websites and you will see some great ideas.

DeeGan