Mark Minichiello Out Of World Cup Qualifiers
By STEVE MASCORD

THE big Minichiello family reunion set down for October in Europe is officially off.

Gold Coast second rower Mark Minichiello has revealed he will not be able to play under brother Anthony as Italy attempt to grab a 2013 World Cup berth with qualifiers in Padova and Belgrade.

?I think I might need an operation so I unfortunately won?t be able to go over there and play,? Mark Minichiello tells RLW.

?I?ve got simple little hip (injury), I?ve got to clean up a bit of cartilage in there. I?m getting through it. The first running session (each week), it gives me a bit of pain.

?But other than that, I?m getting through the week pretty well. I?ve just got to take advantage of the time off and get it cleaned up and get it right for next year.?

Italy plays Russia in Padova, near Venice, on October 15, Serbia in Belgrade on October 22 and Lebanon in Belgrade on October 29.

The Minichiello brothers have rarely played together over the years.

But for Mark, his focus is on finishing the season well at Robina and sending out Preston Campbell the right way.

?It would be great to finish the season with three wins,? said Minichiello. ?We haven?t put back-to-back wins together all year.

?It?s never good to look at the table and you?re at the bottom. We haven?t really spoken about it.

?It?s just (been) very frustrating. We?ve tried hard and things haven?t come off.

?We all know how great Preston?s been, not just for the Titans but for rugby league. I?m going to savour the last two games with him and hopefully send him out on a winning note.?

Filed for: RUGBY LEAGUE WEEK