Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    It was a good paper plane comp from around the 60 minute mark in the Eastern stand, seeing who could make the best one 'n try and get it the furthest onto the paddock.

Infact, it was as if everyone gave up on the footy 'n was more involved with the paper planes, lol.
    Ah! I was wondering what all the cheering was over that way.

Anyway, I drove 4 hrs each way for two reasons. To watch Marmin Barba play, and to see the Titans put in a good effort.
    0 for 2.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    To all you guys who are on here week in week out, whatever your feelings are about whatever is topical on any given day, at this end point of our season I have several things I would like to put out there:

1. Positive, negative or neutral opinions are everybody's right ... like it or lump it.
    2. The vast majority if not 100% on here are Titans fans, so taking shots at anyone here is really counter productive and not in the spirit of the forum.
    3. Debating issues is exactly what the forum is about, imho. For it to be one great love-in without robust debate would not serve the best interests of the club.
    4. The club has had arguably the worst season ever by a Queensland club. There can be no excuses as history will remember 2011 for what it is and no glossing over poor execution, eclectic selections and elementary playing patterens with injuries, player movements and warm/fuzzy next year will be great chest-beatings will erase the reality of the wooden spoon.

Finally, thanks to you all for making this one very distant but committed Titans supporter feel a part of it all ... you are all worth your weight in titanium.

Ps. can't we find a goddamned 5/8, please?
    this. everything you said is correct see you next year mate

I just had to laugh at Michaels tonight, poor fella looked like he was skating on ice when the eels went over for their first try and then in the 2nd half he went for a slips catch but missed it by a good 4 mtrs, goodness gracious

As Whiz said I was walking out the door 20 minutes in but I stayed till I was kicked out of the stadium due to the respect that the departing "Fab 4" deserved ... It has been an Brilliant to watch these guys play over the 5 years.

On the game all I'll say is Presto played his guts out & I'm excited about how good Rankin & Srama will be next season...

I was also "Lucky Enough" to get King Presto to sign my Wooden Spoon
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I was also "Lucky Enough" to get King Presto to sign my Wooden Spoon
    You have one too? LOL great idea. Presto really took the edge off it with his "Ill use my wooden spoon to stir my podridge" comment.

Greg and I got some wooden spoons from Woolies and they were in my bag till fulltime cause Im supersitous. But damn, they were supposed to be for Parra. But oh well, a momento for a hard 2011...

It's been a tough year, losing key players early and it just kept coming. The amount of players we have out and their ability is heartbreaking. Then with the players we did have, we moved them around. I think Preston should have always been playing 5/8th since 2007.

It was our worst game of the season and it is hard to argue that we deserve it when we couldnt beat Parramatta on any of the two occasions that we played them.

Time to mourn and lick our wounds. Go and do what fuels your soul and recharge your batteries. Players, supporters and officials all included. Then we meet back for pre-season and put this all behind us.

The spoon at least puts us under the radar for 2012 and we can ambush alot of teams, hopefully the Broncos.

I'll miss Laffranchi, Meyers, Friendy so much. They were the heart and soul of our club and brought so many different things to the table.

I'd like to thank all the loyal supporters out there who stayed true and cheered on the team and didnt get much in reward.

To tell the truth most of the warmth and memories for me this season comes from the supporters. You have made 2011 very much worth it.

Now lets remember how this feels how much it pains. Because when we reach the heights we must never ever lose the prospective. I actually believe that clubs such as the Broncos are lesser because they have never known something like this.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans worst team of the comp of 2011. The 3 things that made Titans the worst team is because...

1. No respect for the footy. The Titans do not handle the footy well and most of the time an error occurs of a break or when momentum shifts towards the Titans. Also we give away worthless penalties.

2. Attacking play. No attacking play means no tries. Its as simple as tht. Titans have NO creativity when attacking and most of the time we really on poor old David Mead for something to happen. When we are in the oppositions 10 we seem so lifeless and to add to it we just take hit ups until its last and then Presto or Princey kicks and we hope Micheals, Mead or Zilly leap up and score.

We have no passing play and we barely run decoys or try to create overlaps. If we tried to create overlaps and have a good passing play then there will be a time where Srama will be successful in making the opposition think that he will pass to Princey but instead darts from dummy half to score.

3. Poor Defence. Bad defence leads to losing games. We have shocking defence because we dont put pressure on the other team. It looks like a stoll in the park when the opposition team scores. We always seem to get clustered around the ruck and also it seems easy for the opposition to create an overlap.

These 3 things are the most vital parts in footy. If these 3 things are executed well then footy teams are competitive. If you dont then your certainly going to win the wooden spoon. That is wat the Titans did.

The thing that puts a feeling of sadness in my stomach is that how are they going to fix these 3 vital components in footy over the off season? Can 7 new players fix this problem? Im scared to think abt Titans playing as bad as this next yr. Just hope and pray it will happen.
    Last edited by Princey's Titanz; 04-09-11 at 01:09 PM.

A recent review conducted into the Australian cricket team stated that they were deficient in 3 key areas:
    Batting
    Bowling
    Fielding

If we had a review into our performance any even minded individual would have to conclude that we were deficient in:
    Attack
    Defense
    Discipline

Only blind optimism could lead anybody to believe that an offseason with the same coaching staff will rectify these problems.

You're living in the past Ryan. Cartwright has well and truly expended any credit he gained in the 2009/10 campaigns. To say Bennet or Bellamy woukd not have done any better is ridiculous. His job is obviously safe but he needs to be put under pressure. He needs to know that if he can't have us up and running soon that he will be shown the door. That should start with the signing if an assistant coach like Ben Anderson from Tweed who can step straight in if we don't.

We are the worst team in the comp. We will start next year long odds to make the 8 and among the 2 or 3 favorites to win the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    To say Bennet or Bellamy woukd not have done any better is ridiculous.
    Strongly disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Strongly disagree.
    That's fair enough. This is entirely hypothetical obviously. I just can't imagine a team coached by them having such a disgraceful attacking structure and such disgraceful attention to detail.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    That's fair enough. This is entirely hypothetical obviously. I just can't imagine a team coached by them having such a disgraceful attacking structure and such disgraceful attention to detail.
    If you were referring to last night then not even god almighty would have done anything to help the Titans. In regards to the year savaged by injury and whatnot the coaches in question wouldnt have got this squad near the semis, possibly a few more pts but you have to compare this team to the ones playing in the 8. Night and Day difference.

As you say it's all hypothetical and I hope you are NOT right about the Coaches cause if you are 2012 will not be a nice one.

I hope our next signing is a halfs coach. Successful halves=Successful Team.
    Look at Manly, they have an average team with only a few big names but their halves are so skilled they manage to handle everything thrown at them. Broncs, Storm, Tigers and Cowboys it is all the same. It will determine a teams slickness and unpredictability. That is why we need a halves coach

Quote Originally Posted by The Gladiator View Post
    I hope our next signing is a halfs coach. Successful halves=Successful Team.
    Look at Manly, they have an average team with only a few big names but their halves are so skilled they manage to handle everything thrown at them. Broncs, Storm, Tigers and Cowboys it is all the same. It will determine a teams slickness and unpredictability. That is why we need a halves coach
    Whoa whoa whoa, Manly has an average team?

Matai, Watmough, Stewarts, Hoppa, King, Robertson...should I keep going on

Halves coach! Halves coach! Halves coach!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Manly are so bloody spoilt having two amazing young halves. One Kiwi and one Queenslander. Maybe we should cast our nets further and keep more of an eye on young Queensland talent, because it's coming through and we are well placed to take over from the Storm to sign young Queenslanders in the future.

Halves/backs coach and STABILITY in the halves!
    We'd need a calculator to figure out how many 5/8ths we've tried this year.

The forward pack should be as good as any in the comp. We'll have try scorers in the backs. Hopefully K. Gordan will be set for the start of next season too!