Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

God I hope Mead NEVER, EVER leaves the Titans. He's always there to save the day.

although Bull & Srama deserve just as much praise for that try.
    Last edited by gotitans101; 03-09-11 at 09:29 PM.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Execution? what are coaches supposed to do about nuffies? drop balls the coaches fault....noooo
    drop balls arent that bad if you can coach defense well to hold out teams like melbourne manly and st george, as well as coach good attack like wests tigers, however the titans have neither which means the coach IS to blame, its no wonder why melbourne and the top sides are in fact top sides, because they are COACHED well, bellamy and bennett turn rejected chumps into rep players in mere weeks, hasler makes a team like manly nurture their rookies into stars quick like daly cherry evans and last years hodgkinson, wayne bennett gives you mental toughness to hold out defensively and to stick to the game plan, and griffin just tells you to believe and how to attack and defend well. We have none of these traits.

Quote Originally Posted by borama1 View Post
    drop balls arent that bad if you can coach defense well to hold out teams like melbourne manly and st george, as well as coach good attack like wests tigers, however the titans have neither which means the coach IS to blame, its no wonder why melbourne and the top sides are in fact top sides, because they are COACHED well, bellamy and bennett turn rejected chumps into rep players in mere weeks, hasler makes a team like manly nurture their rookies into stars quick like daly cherry evans and last years hodgkinson, wayne bennett gives you mental toughness to hold out defensively and to stick to the game plan, and griffin just tells you to believe and how to attack and defend well. We have none of these traits.
    Hasler, Bellamy, Bennett would not turn this team into anything...the Titans have dug deep into reserves before the season started. There were alot of players out there that would not make any other side.

Holding the ball goes a long lone way to helping your own defence out.

Anyhoo...it's all over.

Next years Season will be called...

Rags to Riches...B@#$%s

Glad teh season is over, but what a way to finish ????

Quote Originally Posted by borama1 View Post
    Who needs Hasler, Bellamy & Bennett when you've got a forum of experts like this? Does that magical armchair you sit in which gives you all this experience & hindsight come with a remote button that can make it all happen? Maybe it's got a 'rewind' button so you can go back and see who was coaching the team for the last two years when we were on top?

It was a sh!t season where multiple problems compounded and produced a wooden spoon. Thank **** it's over. You can repetitively whinge, whine and moan depressing & negative sh!t like a ***** on rags about what's happened this season and what will\wont happen next season - but where's it gonna get ya? Bring on next season....
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Beaten 32-12 by the other worst team in the league this year. Says it all really. Parramatta didn't deserve the wooden spoon though, we did. They at least have been putting in the effort this year. They've just been very unlucky on more than a few occasions. Titans on the other hand, just haven't put in at all this year.
    I love Cartwright saying we all should get out to Skilled, support the boys and send them off in style this year. So what happens. A lot of fans make the effort, travel to the game to give them the big send off and they play worse than a Queensland Cup team and loose 32 -12.
    Good Effort Boys!!

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Who needs Hasler, Bellamy & Bennett when you've got a forum of experts like this? Does that magical armchair you sit in which gives you all this experience & hindsight come with a remote button that can make it all happen? Maybe it's got a 'rewind' button so you can go back and see who was coaching the team for the last two years when we were on top?

It was a sh!t season where multiple problems compounded and produced a wooden spoon. Thank **** it's over. You can repetitively whinge, whine and moan depressing & negative sh!t like a ***** on rags about what's happened this season and what will\wont happen next season - but where's it gonna get ya? Bring on next season....
    good we had 2 good years and now we are figured out simple, so obviously we gotta change our style of play, and ok fine no one will whinge or give personal opinions(i thought that was what a forum was for) but then you cant do that either since you are also an armchair critic

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    nah this is bad ... really bad ... why the crowd stay has me beat.
    Only to show respect to the players who are leaving. No other reason.

That was easily the longest 80 minutes of football I have ever sat through. I wanted to leave after the first 20. It was just terrible. No excuses. It just was.

I have a lot of anger running through me at the moment, over a whole lot of issues, so i won't vent it all right now, but I can say that I am not the same Titans fan as I was at the start of this year, or even at the start of this game.

And if people want to crap on about being a diehard fan and all that BS, go ahead. The team, the management, the coaching staff, almost everyone who has anything to do with the way the team performs out on the field, should be given a show-cause letter before they are given a new contract.

There are no more excuses. I know there will be lots of "just wait til next year" etc, but as fans we have an entitlement to expect that when your team is battling for the wooden spoon, against the other ****test team in the comp, and you are playing at home, with a good crowd that has turned out and done their part, then you expect better than the $#!T that was served up tonight.

And that was me NOT venting. I have heaps more to get rid of, but I'll let it go for now.

The only other thing I have to say is that the wooden spoon went to the team that most deserved it. At least we can honestly say we did earn something this year.

**edit** ps, sorry to the guys who are leaving on this sad, sad ending. Well done for all your efforts. You know who you are, and you are not responsible for any of this.
    Last edited by C-Whiz; 03-09-11 at 11:29 PM.

Tough season boys but as a member i was very happy at the way most of the Titans came round and took photos and signed every1s stuff SOOOO glad we got to chat to presto and get him to sign my presto shirt, he is a champion and its sad to see him go but 2012 here we come...:-) Great to see the crowd out too

Quote Originally Posted by GCTitans11 View Post
    13 handling errors!!! Those the bloody ball have spiders on it.
    I was wondering the same thing. However this has been the case all year. Pushing passes when they shouldn't and just flat out dropping the ball. It seems that there is or was no respect for the pill.

The one thing I have noticed from this year to last year that the player box has been quiet compared to last year. Last year there was a team sitting in the box. This year it just looks and feels like individuals that just happen to belong to the same club.

I agree that its " All said and done" I guess I like alot of people ask " What Happened to this year"? However I remember the old saying" We're not playing for Sheep Stations" as supports/ Members. RIP 2011 and I'll look ahead to 2012 with hope and anticipation.

It was a good paper plane comp from around the 60 minute mark in the Eastern stand, seeing who could make the best one 'n try and get it the furthest onto the paddock.

Infact, it was as if everyone gave up on the footy 'n was more involved with the paper planes, lol.

Not much to say really, thank **** the season is over.

Preston tried his heart out till the end, hope our roster next year can muster up a morsel of his passion...

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    It was a good paper plane comp from around the 60 minute mark in the Eastern stand, seeing who could make the best one 'n try and get it the furthest onto the paddock.

Infact, it was as if everyone gave up on the footy 'n was more involved with the paper planes, lol.
    That was classic, did get hit in the noggin a few times though haha.

To all you guys who are on here week in week out, whatever your feelings are about whatever is topical on any given day, at this end point of our season I have several things I would like to put out there:

1. Positive, negative or neutral opinions are everybody's right ... like it or lump it.
    2. The vast majority if not 100% on here are Titans fans, so taking shots at anyone here is really counter productive and not in the spirit of the forum.
    3. Debating issues is exactly what the forum is about, imho. For it to be one great love-in without robust debate would not serve the best interests of the club.
    4. The club has had arguably the worst season ever by a Queensland club. There can be no excuses as history will remember 2011 for what it is and no glossing over poor execution, eclectic selections and elementary playing patterens with injuries, player movements and warm/fuzzy next year will be great chest-beatings will erase the reality of the wooden spoon.

Finally, thanks to you all for making this one very distant but committed Titans supporter feel a part of it all ... you are all worth your weight in titanium.

Ps. can't we find a goddamned 5/8, please?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    To all you guys who are on here week in week out, whatever your feelings are about whatever is topical on any given day, at this end point of our season I have several things I would like to put out there:

1. Positive, negative or neutral opinions are everybody's right ... like it or lump it.
    2. The vast majority if not 100% on here are Titans fans, so taking shots at anyone here is really counter productive and not in the spirit of the forum.
    3. Debating issues is exactly what the forum is about, imho. For it to be one great love-in without robust debate would not serve the best interests of the club.
    4. The club has had arguably the worst season ever by a Queensland club. There can be no excuses as history will remember 2011 for what it is and no glossing over poor execution, eclectic selections and elementary playing patterens with injuries, player movements and warm/fuzzy next year will be great chest-beatings will erase the reality of the wooden spoon.

Finally, thanks to you all for making this one very distant but committed Titans supporter feel a part of it all ... you are all worth your weight in titanium.

Ps. can't we find a goddamned 5/8, please?