Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 26: Gold Coast Titans vs Parramatta Eels

Gold Coast Titans vs Parramatta Eels

Last edited by DIEHARD; 03-09-11 at 11:43 AM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I can't wait for this game. Preston's last before a big crowd. It's going to be a sad day but hope we can send him out a winner at home.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Im actually excited for this game.

I think the Titans will send him out a winner

Titans unchanged for final match against Eels

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have named an unchanged line-up for Saturday night's final match of the year against the Parramatta Eels at Skilled Park.

The Jetstar Titans returned to the Gold Coast today nursing bumps and bruises in the wake of last night's 39-10 loss to the Wests Tigers but will field the same 17-man squad that took the field at Campbelltown Stadium.

Saturday night's match will mark emotional farewells for departing players Preston Campbell (retirement), Anthony Laffranchi (St Helens), Will Matthews (Dragons), Esi Tonga (Parramatta) and Clinton Toopi (retiring from NRL).

Injured players Nathan Friend (NZ Warriors), Brad Meyers (retirement), Riley Brown (Newcastle – local league) and Luke Capewell (Broncos) will also say goodbye to fans at the match before they also move on at the end of the season.

While the winner of the match will avoid the wooden spoon for 2011, Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright said his side’s emphasis would be purely on sending their departing players out on a winning note in front of the club’s fans.

“Our sole focus this week will be to send out our departing players on a win,’’ said Cartwright.

“(Avoiding the wooden spoon) is not winning anything. It’s never been mentioned and it never will be.

“Winning has been important for the last number of weeks and it will be no less against Parramatta.

“The thing about this game is that there will be no more so the loser wears the consequences.’’

As the club prepares to farewell nine of his current playing roster including foundation Titans players Campbell, Laffranchi, Friend and Meyers, the Titans have set-up a special tributes page at www.titans.com.au where fans can leave personalised messages and tributes for any of the departing players.

NRL and NYC teams for this weekend are included below.

JETSTAR TITANS v PARRAMATTA EELS
    7.30pm, Skilled Park
    Saturday, Sept 3

1 Jordan Rankin
    2 Steve Michaels
    3 Esi Tonga
    4 Clinton Toopi
    5 David Mead
    6 William Zillman
    7 Preston Campbell (c)
    8 Luke Bailey
    9 Matt Srama
    10 Matthew White
    11 Anthony Laffranchi
    12 Mark Minichiello
    13 Greg Bird

INTERCHANGE
    14 Brenton Lawrence
    15 Will Matthews
    16 Bodene Thompson
    17 Luke O’Dwyer

Source: Titans

At last a reason to aim-up ... I swear I will not bag the selection or pick on any player, coach or anybody at all (except maybe the missus who sometimes does deserve it) for this entire week.

C'mon team - this is it - this is the game where you will win and ensure that this is not a memorable year! In you, we trust. (see, not one negative comment).
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Parracrappa
    1. Luke Burt
    2. Ryan Morgan
    3. Justin Horo
    4. Ben Smith
    5. Chris Hicks
    6. Jarryd Hayne
    7. Casey McGuire
    8. Tim Mannah
    9. Matt Keating
    10. Fuifui Moimoi
    11. Nathan Hindmarsh (c)
    12. Taniela Lasalo
    13. Reni Maitua

14. Shane Shackleton
    15. Mitchell Allgood
    16. Pat O'Hanlon
    17. Justin Poore

http://www.nrl.com/News/OfficialTeam...8/Default.aspx

Mannah apparently has a grade one hamstring tare. Let him play I say!

Good to see Hayne in 5\8, now they just need to put Poore at halfback, Hindmarsh at fullback, and Burt in the front row
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

I'm cheering for a draw - Raiders for the spoon!

Titans plan to send players out in style

GOLD Coast coach John Cartwright is placing a specific emphasis on sending the side's departing players out on a winning note.

For Cartwright, the wooden spoon isn't even part of the equation.

Hosting Parramatta for what is the last game of the season, a two point victory will see the winner miss the spoon by the skin of their teeth, meaning a big win on Saturday is vital.

With the Titans on 16 points and the Eels on 15, last place is on the line but that is furtherest thing from the Titans' minds.

?Our sole focus this week will be to send out our departing players on a win," said Cartwright.

?(Avoiding the wooden spoon) is not winning anything. It?s never been mentioned and it never will be.

?Winning has been important for the last number of weeks and it will be no less against Parramatta.

?The thing about this game is that there will be no more so the loser wears the consequences.??

Following yet another loss, Monday?s 39-10 defeat to the Wests Tigers has not deterred the Titans from avoiding the spoon and sending their retiring and exiting members out on a high.

Saturday night's match mark?s an emotional farewell for departing players Preston Campbell (retirement), Anthony Laffranchi (St Helens), Will Matthews (Dragons), Esi Tonga (Parramatta) and Clinton Toopi (retiring from NRL).

Injured players Nathan Friend (NZ Warriors), Brad Meyers (retirement), Riley Brown (Newcastle - local league) and Luke Capewell (Broncos) will also say goodbye to fans at the match before they also move on at the end of the season.

?There will be no issue for this one,? Cartwright said when questioned about motivation for the clash.

?I haven?t had a problem with the way they have got up for games.

?It?s too hard to win at this level unless you are ready to win.?

?I think for 60 minutes we competed with (the Tigers).

?We were playing for our pride.?

Following five years of growing success since the clubs inception in 2007, 2011 marks the worst season for the Gold Coast leaving Cartwright speechless.

?I can?t put into words how disappointed I am,? he said.

?That?s the thing about football, you can?t let it get to you over the course of the season and I probably won?t let it hit me until the season over and watching semi finals.?

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/

WIll be a good game
    Got my ticket in the legion, SO will be there for this one. Turning my work phone off so they cant contact me

Esi had scans on a Broken Hand and Mead came off late in the Tigers game with a Hammy scare. Both might not play this weekend.

Someone in the Legion bring a Wooden Spoon to the Game...cause if possible I will get one of the team members (preferably one who scores the winning try) to Grab it off you and run it to Hindmarsh in the Post Try celebration

Im not joking I will be on the teams case this week to do this.

Last Podcast of the year
    Thanks to those who have supported us all season, check it out if you like

Youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

I'm not sure if it's allowed and/or worthwhile. But I have acquired one only spare ticket to this Saturday Nights game. I think it's in the 'Steel' section, in the north-east corner. Independently from where I'm usually located in the Stadium.

Anyway, it's a freebie to whoever may want it. Don't hesitate to PM me, and we'll sort it out from there.
    Last edited by Toads; 31-08-11 at 10:24 AM.