Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Thats a good team, we should go ok this weekend.
    How much start do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101 View Post
    I'm the guilty one there...I passed judgement on him way too early. He still has a long way to go though.
    Yeha i agree he has along way to go, the thing i dont like about what he does is when he runs to the line he hesitates, go hard son who cares if you get hurt, thats what it is all about . No doubt as he build confidence he will do, but it erks me atm.

Come on Boys !

Tigers are on fire, Cut out the errors and Wests will be in for an un pleasant surprise, I didn't think they looked un beatable against Para.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I've enjoyed watching him play for the past month but based on what Rankin was showing in our U20's team people had every right to say that we didn't need him. He was doing nothing.
    Rubbish , you couldn't possibly have watched him play in the 20's if that's your thoughts
    #itaintweaktospeak

I agree Coaster, we need a talker at #1 it is a valuable and forgotten element to a team. Rankin at fullback long term.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Bailey eager to play last game of season

INSPIRATIONAL Titans enforcer Luke Bailey will be given every opportunity to prove himself fit for battle against the Wests Tigers at Campbelltown on Monday in a desperate bid to return before the Gold Coast's final game of the season.

Having watched from the sidelines during last weekend's 26-18 victory over Canberra, Bailey is desperate to shake off an on-going neck injury before the Tigers clash to prove himself fit for Saturday week's "end of an era" clash with Parramatta at Skilled Park.

"I would not miss it for anything, no one wants to miss any games but that is one game I want to be a part of," Bailey said.

"The neck is still not 100 per cent, I have got a bit of movement back and there is still six days to go before the Tigers game so hopefully a few more visits to the physio this week and I will be good to go.

"It is an important game in the context of our season. If we can knock over the Tigers it could release a lot of pressure off us for that final game."

Regardless of the result at Campbelltown, the final match of the season will be an emotional day for the Gold Coast club as they farewell several heroes, including foundation players Preston Campbell (retiring), Anthony Laffranchi (St Helens), Brad Meyers (retiring) and Nathan Friend (Warriors).

Having led them on to the field for the Titans first game in 2007, Bailey is desperate to return for the Eels clash to help send his first-year teammates off with a win and avoid the 2011 wooden spoon.

"It is a bit of an end of an era at the Titans, there are some really close mates of mine who will be playing their last game for the club (against the Eels). It is a game I am desperate to play in," Bailey said. "It is the ideal opportunity to send them off with a win in their last game."

Titans coach John Cartwright said Bailey's fitness would be monitored throughout the week with a final decision on whether he will take the field against the Tigers to be made as late as Sunday.

"He was pretty close last week but I just don't want it to flare up (again)," Cartwright said. "We'll give him a bit of a searching hit-out later in the week and if he gets through that, we'll play him. We definitely wouldn't play him if that was the case but I know how desperate he is to play in the last game."

As expected, retiring Clinton Toopi was named at right centre in place of the injured Dominique Peyroux who suffered a broken hand in the Raiders clash. Peyroux was one of the Titans better players over the past month and Cartwright said his omission was a huge loss to the injury-ravaged side.

"It's a tragedy for Dom and the team," Cartwright said.

"He's been one of our better players over the last three rounds and has certainly made a difference defensively for us out there."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

TITANS GAME A DANGER SAYS BLAKE AYSHFORD

Gold Coast Titans Coach John Cartwright is hoping his team can do some damage to Wests Tigers’ finals charge when the two sides clash at Campbelltown Sports Stadium on Monday, August 29.

Speaking after the Titans’ second win in three games in beating Canberra last Saturday night, Cartwright says his players will be desperate to avoid the wooden spoon and would enjoy making life difficult for Wests Tigers.

"We want to make it hard for the Tigers. If we can knock them out of the eight, I want to knock them out of the eight,” Cartwright said.

His comments were not lost on classy young Wests Tigers centre Blake Ayshford who admitted the Titans would proved to be tough opposition despite their position on the ladder.

“These are the hardest games. They have nothing to play for and want to knock teams out (of the finals race) as we would if we were not in contention,’’ Ayshford said.

“They won’t drop their guard and I am sure we won’t. We want to get as high as we can and our goal is top 4.”

Todd Payten, preparing for his final Wests Tigers home game before retiring at season’s end, is mindful of a Titans side without half-back Scott Prince.

“I think they will be looking to spoil anyone's party leading into the finals and they want to finish the season strongly heading into next year,’’ Payten said.

The Titans beat Wests Tigers in round 6 and have won five of the last eight clashes between the two sides. The honours are shared one apiece at Campbelltown.

Wests Tigers will be chasing their seventh straight victory as it attempts to secure fourth spot on the Telstra Premiership ladder and the all important home final.

Fresh from a double in the win over Parramatta which also brought up 100 career points for Wests Tigers, Ayshford said there was still plenty of improvement left in the side as the painful memory of going so close last year still burns deeply.

"We still need to play for 80 minutes. We came out to keep Parramatta at zero but they scored 12 points,'' he said.

“We have almost the exact same team as last year and we all believe we can go one better.”

Match Day Schedule
    Gates open 4.15pm
    U20s Kick-off 4.45pm
    NRL Kick-off 7pm

http://www.weststigers.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    How much start do you want?
    20 should be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Legion Talk Rd25- With Kev Gordon and Coaster as they celebrate the win over the Raiders, and interview David Mead and Lawton and Vickery. Bloke on the BUS comp and the big Monday Night Footy game against the Tigers.

Youtube Link

PODCAST TELL US WHAT YOU THINK
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    20 should be fine.
    20....I thought you said Titans should go ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    20....I thought you said Titans should go ok?
    They will go ok but Tigers will still win comfortably

Quote Originally Posted by matti View Post
    i now chuckle at the people who said we dont need rankin,
    I'm the reverse ... I backed him in but I'm not convinced by a long shot.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Zillman is our future FB, there will be no space for Rankin with the new signings next year.

He has a red hot shot at the 6 jersey though.

We've got this one in the bag. Infact, Tigers won't have a clue to what the hell hit 'em, when our boys do a number on 'em, come next Monday night.

I can picture it now.. Bull will be leading by example 'n be tearing new A-holes all through their defense..

It'll be the upset of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    It'll be the upset of the year!
    Your not wrong there but I can't see many points in the Titans and Tigers will be hard to contain.

Coaster...I'll give you 15.5 start for a lotto ticket...keen?