Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    5/8, 5/8, 5/8 ... it doesn't seem to matter which of the team fires we just continually stub our toes at pivot. I am not convinced we have the answer to that in our club.
    I agree, Im not even that confident about next year if the clubs doesnt find an answer to this position.

I agree that Titans have been Wooden Spooners all year

Quote Originally Posted by matti View Post
    I see mead getting offered more $$ and going elseware being honest. Imagine him at storm with slater
    I couldn't imagine Craig Bellamy forking out big money for a winger. Men in these positions never get the big paydays because succesful clubs use their salary caps to stitch up 1-6-7-9 and to a lesser extent 8 or 10. Big money signings at centre (Inglis, Folau, Gasnier, Idris etc) are often as much to do with marketing as they are on field success because they are the glamour boys.

We'll have made Mead for as long as we want him. 15 tries is excellent output but he still needs to become more effective at defusing attacking kicks - that has to be the focus for he preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I think our club has enough (and the right) ingredients to be a force next year, it's just a matter of the chef mixing them right and none of them 'going off' in the mean time.
    To run with your metaphor, right now, I'm not at all convinced that our chef has what it takes. But that will make next year all the sweeter if he proves me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    To run with your metaphor, right now, I'm not at all convinced that our chef has what it takes. But that will make next year all the sweeter if he proves me wrong.
    And in accord: perhaps he should fight fire with fire rather than jumping out of the frying pan right into it, however, if it's too hot, get out of the kitchen but in fairness too many cooks can spoil the broth.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I couldn't imagine Craig Bellamy forking out big money for a winger. Men in these positions never get the big paydays because succesful clubs use their salary caps to stitch up 1-6-7-9 and to a lesser extent 8 or 10. Big money signings at centre (Inglis, Folau, Gasnier, Idris etc) are often as much to do with marketing as they are on field success because they are the glamour boys.

We'll have made Mead for as long as we want him. 15 tries is excellent output but he still needs to become more effective at defusing attacking kicks - that has to be the focus for he preseason.
    You are right about wingers and the money they earn, clubs just dont fork out for them unless they see them moving into diff positions. The Club will have to come to the table when Meads contract is up.