View Poll Results: As a current Titan Member...are you a Legion Member?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a Legion Member

5 26.32%
  • I am not a Legion Member

5 26.32%
  • I am not a Legion Member but I am seriously considering joining the Legion

4 21.05%
  • I am not a Legion Member and I won't be unless they put up a very persuasive argument

5 26.32%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Operation Convince Me!

I have been a member of the Titans ever since their inception in 2007 and had a variety of Memberships from Gold to Sand, however have never had a Legion Membership. On one occasion on a very hot Sunday when we were playing the Tigers we did head over to the Legion end for a half a match and I wasn't overly impressed...mind you we did get belted that day!
    My challenge is this...I have a family of four with two primary school age boys and I am yet to be convinced that the Legion is a good option for my family. We are currently in the Southwest corner and although not perfect it does mean an easy get away to the trains, which in my opinion is the biggest drag of each Titans match. We have a terrific view of the field and in our current location lots of leg space. The downside is the southern end is generally more populated with supporters from the opposition.

Firstly, I would like to know of the forum participants that are regularly contributors whether they are already Legion Members or Not and then extend a challenge to those Legion Members to convince me why I should bring my family of four to the Legion end! What are the tangible benefits?

I know I won't be the only member considering a move so here is a chance for the Legion to be as persuasive as possible.

Lastly...I want to put on the record we will become Members again regardless of this debate...it's just where?

Been to a handful of games over the years, and been Gold member for two. There's no doubt it'd be a pumping vibe, coming from the Legion pit. But there's one thing that stops me from considering heading that way. Sorry to say, it's the drum/s. Last night wasn't too bad, as with most home games. But on the odd ocassion, it has been a bit much for someone like me.

With saying that, I don't mean it's a bad thing, because the Legion does fire up with it. I guess it comes down to my age, and at this stage I don't need to lose anymore of my hearing.

But considering your situation, hammer. With a couple of young lads, I tend to think there would be no better spot. It'd also help groom the lads into hardcore Titans Fans in time.

By the way, Legionnaires. Keep up the good work. Last night you guys fired up well. I feel if youse keep going like that. In time, you'll get the Eastern Grandstand to fire up. There was a game early this year (think it was against the Sharkie's), that we momentarily joined in.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Been to a handful of games over the years, and been Gold member for two. There's no doubt it'd be a pumping vibe, coming from the Legion pit. But there's one thing that stops me from considering heading that way. Sorry to say, it's the drum/s. Last night wasn't too bad, as with most home games. But on the odd ocassion, it has been a bit much for someone like me.

With saying that, I don't mean it's a bad thing, because the Legion does fire up with it. I guess it comes down to my age, and at this stage I don't need to lose anymore of my hearing.

But considering your situation, hammer. With a couple of young lads, I tend to think there would be no better spot. It'd also help groom the lads into hardcore Titans Fans in time.

By the way, Legionnaires. Keep up the good work. Last night you guys fired up well. I feel if youse keep going like that. In time, you'll get the Eastern Grandstand to fire up. There was a game early this year (think it was against the Sharkie's), that we momentarily joined in.
    Same hear (yes...intentional)....I am a bit past the chants and drums etc but certainly do not mind the Legion chanting and drumming away...It was great last night, most games I cannot hear the Legion due to the away crowd (Section 20 is closer to away then home) but as there was 13.5 Raiders fans there last night I had no problems at all hearing you guys and it was great!

Oh..and no way was there 10k there last night. I think they counted everyone twice!

P.S. Where do you sit Toads, I suspect you are within earshot of me..earshot....get it...God I crack myself up!

Thanks Toads....also another down side is that for a Family of four it would cost $1000....as opposed to my current outlay of $550. Interesting to note there is NO family rate for the Legion!

QLD Cup Titan

I have been a legion member for the last 2 years, and my hubby and daughter joined me this year. We are all renewing again for next year! We used to sit down the southern end before becoming members and were so bored! Surrounded by opposition and no one wanted to cheer! For me, thats what being at the footy is all about - cheering loud to help spur your team on! I sit with the legion at every single match and love the fact I can yell, scream, cheer and chant along with everybody else. The atmosphere is contagious and we've also made some great friends with other members throughout the year. My daughter also knows all the chants and songs and loves to join in, plus the added bonus is some player visitors to that area, whether it be those out injured or just the boys coming to visit - makes children so happy to see them!!!!!!

Obviously, when the team is winning, a lot more of the legion stand tends to join in with everything. When they are not going so well, it tends to be contained to us crazy's down the front hehe - but I can honestly tell you - I wouldn't sit anywhere else!!!!!! (oh and the added bonus is on the rare occasions we get a day game - its always shady!!!!!!)

OUCH - the financial side of things though!!!!! Certainly makes a difference to your decision I can totally understand!
    Last edited by Mushi; 21-08-11 at 10:28 AM. Reason: ETA - extra comment!

Quote Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
    I have been a legion member for the last 2 years, and my hubby and daughter joined me this year. We are all renewing again for next year! We used to sit down the southern end before becoming members and were so bored! Surrounded by opposition and no one wanted to cheer! For me, thats what being at the footy is all about - cheering loud to help spur your team on! I sit with the legion at every single match and love the fact I can yell, scream, cheer and chant along with everybody else. The atmosphere is contagious and we've also made some great friends with other members throughout the year. My daughter also knows all the chants and songs and loves to join in, plus the added bonus is some player visitors to that area, whether it be those out injured or just the boys coming to visit - makes children so happy to see them!!!!!!

Obviously, when the team is winning, a lot more of the legion stand tends to join in with everything. When they are not going so well, it tends to be contained to us crazy's down the front hehe - but I can honestly tell you - I wouldn't sit anywhere else!!!!!! (oh and the added bonus is on the rare occasions we get a day game - its always shady!!!!!!)
    Oh.......I may not of explained myself to well.....I rant, rave, cheer, jeer until I have no voice left...just not interested in doing it at the Northern end..

Away Members (2A+1C)

I am on a long-term contract in China and would not receive any benefit from becoming a Legion Member unless we can get a game up here but would like to comment anyway. When I return for holidays and if it's during the season and we are at home I would be of a similar conviction to Toads and Shamus. The Legion sounds great and get my full support but I would rather catch-up with you mob at the Titanium Bar before or after the event.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

As a family thing I think it depends on what type of family you are. I know I feel a little self-conscious unleashing my full fury at the pretenders in pink when the small children are about. But, I've always said, it was a great rite of passage going to the footy when I was a kid and hearing the old blokes do the same.

I think a lot of people came to the legion for the same reason I did; being a fan is an active, not a passive pursuit for us. We like to cheer and stand up, and a lot of parts of the ground have too many wet blankets who want us to be neither seen nor heard. If you have that problem, come to the legion; if you don't, bring a little bit of that active fandom to your part of the ground. It is much more fun that way.

Bay 30 is legion, but there is a few people that want a defined seat and sit on aisle bay 31. This way they get the family price and the atmosphere of the legion. Win win
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

I'm currently in Aisle 31, but friends I've been there with over the last couple of years won't be able to renew next year.

The main reason I'm thinking of jumping in with the legion is that at the football I like to get vocal and cut loose a little, just like all those crazy people in the legion

Yeah im thinking of joining the legion next year just waiting to see what foxtel do so i can see if it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Bay 30 is legion, but there is a few people that want a defined seat and sit on aisle bay 31. This way they get the family price and the atmosphere of the legion. Win win
    Coaster what Section (Gold, Steel, Sand etc.) is Bay 31?

I'd love you aboard Hammer. The Legion IMO is a great place for kids. I wish I had the experiences that kids are currently enjoying in Section 30.

It's great being with a large group of Titans fans who you also call friends. And I love the General Admission of The Legion meaning you can sit where you like, even move around and the best part is you can easily bring friends that can sit beside you being a Member through getting them to buy Legion casual match tickets off ticketek.

But there are many different types of supporters. Some love to get vocal, some love to emerse themselves in what is happening on the field, some like chants and songs and some like the drums. We have all types in The Legion. I'd describe myself as a flag waver. But I also get into the chants and my favourite is the TTTTIIIITTTTTAAAAANNNNSSS chant.

But we need the whole stadium rocking, so we need passionate fans all around the stadium. I can understand those that enjoy The Legion from a far. I grew up often enjoying supporter groups and the flags fans brought to games from a far.

The cost for an Adult in The Legion is a great deal, but the lack of a family or junior/concession Membership is a hindrance. If there was one thing I could change, it would be to bring this back to encourage more kids and families.

As Coaster said, another option would be to sit in Section 29 or 31. The northern stand is growing in colour and any one sitting near us is a great ally in trying to spread the atmosphere. We know many who already do this.

If you want, you should visit The Legion at the Parramatta game. I think the biggest thing that could win you over is the social side of things. There are just so many people to meet and plenty of room and flexibility to carve out your own place in The Legion. I wasn't feeling the best on Saturday and I'm still not. Just got no energy and no appetite. But I crawled to Skilled Park not just for the Titans but I really wanted to see all my friends.

There is also plenty of comradery and laughs in The Legion which is a great compliment to a fantastic game of rugby league. It is also great to be able to stand up in the first few rows if you choose to.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Coaster what Section (Gold, Steel, Sand etc.) is Bay 31?
    Steel Membership.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    P.S. Where do you sit Toads, I suspect you are within earshot of me..earshot....get it...God I crack myself up!
    shamus

S24, about a third of the way up, Mate.