Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

We really have a serious problem at pivot ... I know, I know ... it's been said a million times but when you consider the punch we'll have next year in outside backs (Peyroux has real potential plus watched Graham closely yesterday and he should go alright too) we are in danger of re-visiting this year's calamity again.

Zillman, Rankin, Henry, Sezer and even Bird offer only offer more questions than answers, imho.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

There was only one thing worth taking out of last nights game which, while entertaning, was a perfect example of what any game between 16th and 14th will look like.

WE ARE OFF THE BOTTOM OF THE LADDER!!!

Carn Benji and the Tigers!!

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    (Although going on what Ryan says above I obviously missed someone retiring and not coming back)
    Toopi was our 17th player, he was suited up ready to play - but didn't. Cartwright later said in the post-match interview that he didn't want Toopi to run on...
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

I guess this was a game that was better to be at than watch on TV. I haven't seen the replay yet.

But it was awesome to win again especially at Skilled Park! Preston was fantastic as was Bird. Srama was fantastic as usual, he must be up there in the Paul Broughtons.

Mead's long range try was an example of my favourite Rugby League drug.

We had alot of disallowed tries, at least a couple of them were unfair. So at least we got opportunities.

And we did it without Bailey, which was a very big loss.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

"
    Mead's long range try was an example of my favourite Rugby League drug."

wat u mean by that?
    only seen highlights so didnt see how he got into the clear

Will Mathews ran across field and gave it to him, he stopped, looked around and saw no one in front, palmed off an ineffectual attempt at a tackle and ran 80 meters un-opposed.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Mead's long range try was an example of my favourite Rugby League drug.
    Nothing beats running straight and hard on a kick return, there are many wingers who jink and what not but the good ones ask questions over and over again. It only takes one missed tackle from the chasers and it's over.

Next year I predict Flash and Magic to set some kind of record for long range efforts

[
    Next year I predict Flash and Magic to set some kind of record for long range efforts [/QUOTE]

I am with you on this one.

Something else that's worthy of a mention. It was good to see a few more numbers (crowd) roll in earlier to witness our Titan's NYC lads roll over the Raiders mob, with a convincing win.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I didn't think we played that bad TBH...Probably would have been beaten by any top 8 side but we never looked like losing against this mob.
    I watched the replay the other night and I have changed my mind. We were abysmal in the first half and lucky for us so were Canberra. So I have extended the 'we would have been beaten by any top 8 side' to 'we would have been beaten by any top 13 side'.

I for some bizarre reason think we will beat Tigers this week. So we won't be sweating it out in the last round.

We need to beat Tigers coz Raiders will take the points from Panthers.. After 'The Army' folding and Tongues last game, they will lift..

I don't want the spoon decided on the last game so lets do it now!