Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Sloppy game error wise, but I don't think they were that bad???? Scoreline was realistically 26-12, been too long of a year too keep b!tching about the negatives...
    Bird was easily our best again, good efforts from White & Srama too. And the boys done the match with only 16 players.
    Feeling a little bit more confident that they can offload the spoon.....
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

I thought we were pretty good minus the stupid errors...shame we let them back into it towards the end. Never seem to be able to put teams to the sword.

Thought Bird was our best too. Still can't believe Tonga is leaving us next year.

I watched the game in a busy club so the commentators didnt ruin it for me.

I thought the game was entertaining.

The boys had fun and all of them had some good moments at stages.

Weee wooooonnnnnn!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Missed going to it yea again thanks to work, but watched it, Pretty bad to watch ,both sides sucked pretty bad. Good to see Dom get his first and a good runaway try from mead, Bird gets my vote played awesome with a broken hand.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101 View Post
    I thought we were pretty good minus the stupid errors
    we'd be undefeated if we cut out the goddamned unbelievable amateurish unforced errors
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior Titan SunnyCoastTitanFan's Avatar

Well I was happy with that game (second time I've seen them win live ) just too many errors, lucky the Raiders were just as bad with their errors. Good to see Zillman put in a few good kicks, Srama develop his kicking game (just keeps getting better and better, also note this is his first, first grade win at Skilled), our forwards muscled up, put in some good hits, and our first length of the field try in I don't know how long, speaking of which, Mead is equal third top try scorer, and I think he has broken the club record for most tries in a season with 14 (I think the previous record was Gordon with 13 last year).

Once it got to 24-6, I had a feeling the Raiders may have scored the next couple, that scoreline seems to be cursed I've noticed with all teams Shillingtons try should not have been allowed imo, it came off a forward pass plus I reckon, double movement as well.

Btw does anybody know who got MoM?

Good to see Presto not leaving anything behind in his final games, I thought he was the best in the team. Dom is one angry monster when he wants to hit

It's clear Rankin has a spot in the side but it's not at FB. Magic Mead finds some open space and I loved seeing Fergo trying to catch him in 2nd gear

Tigers to put Eels to the sword tomorrow

Press Conference below.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/0...ertical=league

Nice to see a smile on both Presto & Carty's faces.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101 View Post
    Press Conference below.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/0...ertical=league

Nice to see a smile on both Presto & Carty's faces.
    Presto is a crack up, he has an infectious personality

For those who are screaming for Zillman to go #1 and Rankin to go #6 - Carty said that was gonna happen during the match, but decided not to when the scoreline tightened up.....

Had a laugh at Furner's whinge
    Questioning our second try, but no mention of Shillington's bullsh!t try
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

I didn't think we played that bad TBH...Probably would have been beaten by any top 8 side but we never looked like losing against this mob. Maybe it was just me and my confidence in the boys for this week. But I haven't looked at stats (I have reached my ADSL limlit and have been slowed so opening ANYTHING is a pain...cannot even add emoticons)..but Fox Sports news this morning shows us only missing 26 or so tackles...That has to be a first.

All in all I walked out of the stadium a happy man and if I could give points to all 17 I would have. (Although going on what Ryan says above I obviously missed someone retiring and not coming back)

I thought Bird was outstanding and Presto led by example.

Even Raider fans believe Shillingtons try was a double movement. Ah well made for an exciting finish I guess.

QLD Cup Titan

Well we also had some tries disallowed that I would like to see replays of so Furner has nothing to whinge about!!!!!

LOVE the winning feeling at skilled park - its been such a long time!!!!!!

bird was mom

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

A scrappy win...but still a win...it is just great to have that winning feeling at home again.
    I thought Bird's contribution was great and what makes even more impressive is that he had a broken hand. Srama is continuing to develop and is trying new things each and every week. Peroux in the centres has been very impressive in recent weeks and Preston was great particularly in defense!